The air this morning | The Boneyard

The air this morning

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Even though it’s going to be yet another day at or near 90 degrees I’ve been noticing the mornings have been a bit cooler when I let the dog out and the light hits the yard a little differently. Typically these mid-August/late summer cues are harbingers of Football. Tailgating. Fun. and the new school year (as a teacher) being around the corner. These cooler mornings hit differently this year with the cancellation of football and the vast uncertainty of what will happen with school this fall. Used to cherish this time of year. Now it’s just dread.

Reaction Score
For me the end of summer from early-August on was like a long running Christmas eve. Looking forward to cooler weather, the start of football preseason camps and games, the return of the Huskies to start preseason training, and then the beginning of basketball practices as well. Anticipation and hope and following all the storylines of our teams and the leagues across the country. Going to doing a lot of hiking guess.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The funny thing is...if we all just acted like the NBA and stayed in one spot for two weeks...nevermind

Reaction Score
The end of summer for me was also the Wolcott County Fair. It’s my home town and it was always the last weekend before having to back to school for the year.

Reaction Score
I don't think most of you realize how much Saturdays in the Fall actually stink. You're gonna learn, now.

Grab that rake.

Meh. There’s a $*#(# ton of stuff to do in the fall. I willingly miss out on it most years. Time to take advantage of the other options.

Reaction Score
Even though it’s going to be yet another day at or near 90 degrees I’ve been noticing the mornings have been a bit cooler when I let the dog out and the light hits the yard a little differently. Typically these mid-August/late summer cues are harbingers of Football. Tailgating. Fun. and the new school year (as a teacher) being around the corner. These cooler mornings hit differently this year with the cancellation of football and the vast uncertainty of what will happen with school this fall. Used to cherish this time of year. Now it’s just dread.
They never should have cancelled football, huge mistake nationwide.

Reaction Score
I hate the cancellation of football, but fall has a lot to offer. Do some things you haven’t done in years. Take a hay ride or drive into hills for ice cream. Just get out and do what is available. Life goes on, enjoy the simple things. New England in the Fall is outrageously awesome. I visit every Fall and am dying inside that we may not be able to go this year (after missing our 3 weeks of summer up there).

I’ve been fortunate. I’m in my 40’s and maintain a home there, so I don’t lose sight of who I am and where I’m from. You guys that can’t find something else to do don’t know how good you have it there. You can make a day trip out of pizza, hot dogs or beer, let alone striper fishing, apple orchards, historic sites and lobster joints. Enjoy it all. Football will be back soon enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom