The “Indy” Field is Shrinking. BYU gone. Lilely More | The Boneyard

The “Indy” Field is Shrinking. BYU gone. Lilely More

Reaction Score
002B3577-1739-4778-B527-A7050B9499B9.jpeg

With BYU off to the Big 12, it’s likely NMSU may go to the MWC if they lose teams, and Liberty/UMass may be absorbed by the CUSA breakaway, especially if CUSA gets raided.

It will be increasingly harder as an Indy. This dream of an Independent Conference is a complete misread of the field.

BYU looked GOOD tonight. They will do great in the Big 12.

The scheduling strategy is going to get interesting. UConn is going to be on a much, much, smaller island, with CFP expansion guiding consolidation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure one team moving is cause for alarm yet. BYU and Notre Dame are the exceptions not the rule.

Reaction Score
The Mountain West is more likely to add teams from the AAC than to lose them. I actually think UConn will be ok, because I don't see Navy sticking around in the AAC and could easily see Temple making a similar move to UConn asking to move to the A-10 and going Independent in football (I think it's even more likely when Wichita tries to plead to get back into the Missouri Valley rather than stay behind in a league that's at best on par with the Missouri Valley only with increased costs).

Between the AAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt I think they'll sort out conferences that work better for all sports. All three are likely to have similar contracts by the time it's all said and done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom