That Targeting Call on Jones | The Boneyard

That Targeting Call on Jones

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best game I've seen from Jones this year. He was busting through the line and getting deep in to backfield all day.

On the targeting call Jones beat his man to the inside and #77 on Houston tries to help. 77 hooks Jones with his arm and is dragging Jones to the ground keeping Jones from staying on his feet. When Jones hits QB, 77's arm is literally wrapped around Jones and falls on top of Jones.

BS call because the non-call on the hold directly led to the PF and DQ on Jones.

Reaction Score
They must talk a lot about targeting because they sure seem to be looking to call it a couple times a game. Like obsessively.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn has the right to appeal to the league and try to get it overturned so he can play the whole game next week?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Good call. He led with his helmet.
The refs got it right on that and the Dane’s

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn has the right to appeal to the league and try to get it overturned so he can play the whole game next week?

If not overturned by video review on the field it is what it is. I’m not aware of any appeal process by any conference.

Reaction Score
He led with his hands. So did Van DeMark. His hands hit the QB first. Watch the tape. Wish there was another angle.

Reaction Score
The Houston lineman literally has both his arms wrapped around Jones' legs as they fall to the ground.

Refs were so dismayed at the vicious hit by Jones they couldn't bear to watch the play over again, and see that Jones was being tackled by the offensive lineman, for fear they might get sick.

Reaction Score
Houston seemed to get the benefit of every call or no call. Watched lots of holding the few times they ran well. Tough to have the refs against you in every game.

C

Chief00

The worse call I've seen in a long time. If the replay didn't tell you it wasn't a targeting penalty, then you just weren't seeing the play correctly
I don’t like how these points of emphasis put pressure on officials to see a play different than how it really happened and then not reverse it in a replay since they need to fill a quota. The really sad part is he misses half a game for doing nothing wrong.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if the AAC officials in what they are seeing and if they care since UConn is leaving the conference after the season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom