Terrible Basketball Phrases | The Boneyard

Terrible Basketball Phrases

Reaction Score
ESPN is currently infatuated with "hoop and the harm" when everyone knows it's an "And-1"...just awful...unless alliteration is your thing

Reaction Score
ESPN is currently infatuated with "hoop and the harm" when everyone knows it's an "And-1"...just awful...unless alliteration is your thing
The one that really, really, i mean REALLY annoyed me was a few years ago when one of those tools started to refer to Uconn as "The Conn":mad::rolleyes:Head bang

Reaction Score
“ Two 20 Minute Halves”
Halves are so much more appealing than quarters. Maybe it's just a mental thing, but 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter feels way different than 12 minutes to go in the 2nd half. I hope they never change it in the mens game.

Reaction Score
Hard hedge and high hedge

I think this is more BY related on my end. A person may hear these words in a phrase once on a broadcast at most but on the BY it seems that there are never ending comments with these words in it and on how, why or if this tactic should be used.
Its like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Reaction Score
Hard hedge and high hedge

I think this is more BY related on my end. A person may hear these words in a phrase once on a broadcast at most but on the BY it seems that there are never ending comments with these words in it and on how, why or if this tactic should be used.
Its like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Half the problem is people don't really understand what they mean, because most of this board likes sports but doesn't understand a lick of modern basketball strategy. Our pizza game is on point though.

A lot of people on this board just call any hedge a high hedge, but by most coaches (and our coaches) definition it isn't really a hedge at all unless you come to the level of your teammate or higher. Anything without your feet being even is different intensities of drop coverage.

When I talk about Sanogo pulling off a "high hedge" it means he's extending his defense higher than his teammates to influence a ballhandler to the sideline... it's completely ignoring the roll man and relying on your teammates to cover him.

Reaction Score
When I talk about Sanogo pulling off a "high hedge" it means he's extending his defense higher than his teammates to influence a ballhandler to the sideline... it's completely ignoring the roll man and relying on your teammates to cover him.
I'm pretty sure that's how most here use the phrase as well - it's pretty clear as day when you see it. No need to get on a high horse about it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom