TENET | The Boneyard

TENET

Reaction Score
I love Chris Nolan's stuff. Nobody is better at huge cinema and this is giant film making. Spectacular action stretched over several continents.

That said, this thing borders on the incomprehensible. Time travel wasn't good enough for Chris. He has stories running forward and backwards in time at the same moment. Yes, it's imaginative. The characters are great. The overarching story is compelling. I found the "love story" portion of the plot that isn't really a love story to be weak. And, of course, inverted time makes everything almost impossible to follow.

Don't worry about that. Set aside two plus hours. Grab a beer and some popcorn. Don't try to figure anything out. It's fun and entertaining to watch the bullets as they fly forward and backwards in time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Definitely plan to watch, but I feel like I need to be in the right frame of mind to take this on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched last night. I was going to rent it, but Microsoft had a sale on my XBox movie app, 40% off so I bought the UHD version. Glad I did. I started nodding off during the last half hour. Not because of the movie, just tired. Of course that’s when it gets crazy, so I need to rewatch.

Overall, very good. The first 1:45 are just an interesting SciFi espionage thriller. Pretty normal. Then it changes and you see how not normal some of the normal was. Very cool stuff. Acting is good, and Robert Pattinson redeems himself a bit here with a good turn. Was pleased to see a brief appearance from Michael Caine.

One thing to note, my wife and I recently watched a BBC mini series we missed called The Night Manager. It was an excellent espionage thriller starring Tom Hiddleston as the lead and with Hugh Laurie as the bad guy. Hugh is just superb in a different role for him. The Bad Guy’s young wife is played by the crazy tall Elizabeth Debicki. It’s the same role she has in Tenet. I mean almost exactly the same character.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom