Ten Things I Know About UConn Football | The Boneyard

Ten Things I Know About UConn Football

rentfan90

Kloter Farm Enthusiast
Reaction Score
1. I will never use UCONN over UConn. The simple stuff they get wrong in Storrs is painful

2. Kloter Farms makes a nice shed. Solid sponsor.

3. Since every quarterback they play is better than the last, it's time for Leon (the Van Wilder of college football)

4. If you loved UConn football and owned a machine that could control the weather - you couldn't do better than what we've had this year.

5. We'll always have that 2020 NYT national championship

6. While the football team's year off hasn't paid dividends yet, the dance team has gone from
3.5 stars to 4.5 stars

7. I'm glad the band can socially distance - they look much more comfortable spread out over a bunch of sections - they should give the players parents two as well

8. It's time to bring back the DJ. That sad booth above the students lacks energy without him.

9. Credit to Laz, the parking lots may be empty but they can make you question showing up anyway. Commitment to excellence.

10. The block C is wildly overrated. It's like rooting for the logos in the original nintendo baseball game

rentfan90

Kloter Farm Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It has been brought to my attention that Kloter Farms buys many of their products from Penn Dutch country which seems like a solid reason to get a shed.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We stayed too long at the Division 1 party??

Reaction Score
1. I will never use UCONN over UConn. The simple stuff they get wrong in Storrs is painful

2. Kloter Farms makes a nice shed. Solid sponsor.

3. Since every quarterback they play is better than the last, it's time for Leon (the Van Wilder of college football)

4. If you loved UConn football and owned a machine that could control the weather - you couldn't do better than what we've had this year.

5. We'll always have that 2020 NYT national championship

6. While the football team's year off hasn't paid dividends yet, the dance team has gone from
3.5 stars to 4.5 stars

7. I'm glad the band can socially distance - they look much more comfortable spread out over a bunch of sections - they should give the players parents two as well

8. It's time to bring back the DJ. That sad booth above the students lacks energy without him.

9. Credit to Laz, the parking lots may be empty but they can make you question showing up anyway. Commitment to excellence.

10. The block C is wildly overrated. It's like rooting for the logos in the original nintendo baseball game
The block C is over played that should leave with Randy. You don’t see U of M saying go block M. However they can make a new trophy for umich vs uconn next year call it the block letter Rivalry make it a yearly match up

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Block C and final incarnation of the fluffy white dogs are the absolute worst. No I will never pass up an opportunity to say this.

Reaction Score
You don’t see U of M saying go block M.
Because they have one without saying. Like other Big Ten or other land grant flagship schools?

We fight over our own programs and logos.

Reaction Score
the block C was the best idea I've seen. The branding is clean and looked swag on the athletic surplus hoodie I had until it was stolen years after grad school. If you want to play the part look the part. Other schools can use the big single letter, even places like Oregon whose nike sponsorship means they'll always be dressed as if they're martians from the year 2647. Nobody is asking you to make a chant with the damn letter. The "C" is classy.

Reaction Score
It does look nice 100 percent it was just getting played out is all I was trying to get at I didn’t mean a legit chant btw. It’s a nice logo not a hash tag as it was being used
the block C was the best idea I've seen. The branding is clean and looked swag on the athletic surplus hoodie I had until it was stolen years after grad school. If you want to play the part look the part. Other schools can use the big single letter, even places like Oregon whose nike sponsorship means they'll always be dressed as if they're martians from the year 2647. Nobody is asking you to make a chant with the damn letter. The "C" is classy.

Reaction Score
The Block C on the helmet looks fine. (even though it was FHCRE's thing it still represents a time in our brief football history when we had the most success, so I'm fine with keeping it.)

The husky logo on the helmet doesn't look as good as Block C but works OK. They've been using both the last few years on both blue AND white helmets so all that works too. No need to keep overthinking it. If they actually had a competitive football team the logos would all look much better to people.

Reaction Score
Basic marketing to make the football program look classic big time. I didn't think there's a need to keep tooting "Block C" by Edsall or whomever. Just have it there and leave it alone. Create a culture around winning, not a block letter.

Maybe we should use a pull sled logo to appease those who think we can match the Arizona State Devils' pitchfork logo. They have to have the sharpest (and most fitting) logo in FBS athletics.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The best one was the Laz comment. It's amazing how they can make the parking of about 12K people feel absolutely miserable in a stadium designed for 40K.

I'm literally scared for the team to actually get good one day, because I don't know how I'll ever make it to my seats...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The best one was the Laz comment. It's amazing how they can make the parking of about 12K people feel absolutely miserable in a stadium designed for 40K.

I'm literally scared for the team to actually get good one day, because I don't know how I'll ever make it to my seats...
That’s why I always used to park at the day care place on Silver lane. It was worth the walk.

Reaction Score
I like the look of the blue C on the white helmet. Someone posted at some point a picture of an overblown white husky dog on a blue helmet. I think the dog was gray. Also looked good.

Reaction Score
Block C was our first real D1 football identity a building block of tradition! Where ever you went people knew it stood for UConn football. Just like the Hook C stands for UConn baseball. The problem is many UConn fans are only a fan of one sport and most of them over the years are of course basketball. I am a fan of UConn athletics.

Warde and Susie sold out to NIKE and only created controversy in return.
Our smiling dog had 11 national championships under his collar and we needed change ??? All that was needed was that logo, no UConn, no Connecticut nothing and people knew the brand. Same for the block C.

I had the pleasure of discussing this in person with Warde and asked him flat out as a Michigan alum would he ever suggest they drop the block M. After a very long lull in the conversation (no reply) I asked what has been the feedback on the change. His comment was 70 / 30 in your favor. Had to appreciate his honesty.

OK something I would have never thought of he has been at Michigan for five years now and just signed for another five. No mention of a logo or block M change. Some highly paid executives buy into the moment just like many fans but no mention of the block M going anywhere. Recognition builds tradition, rant over. GO HUSKIES !!!

Reaction Score
I understand the pull of nostalgia, but the current logo presents both a stronger and more accurate image of our Siberian Husky mascot than that fluffy white Samoyed.

Reaction Score
That’s why I always used to park at the day care place on Silver lane. It was worth the walk.
When I lived in East Hartford, I used to bike from my house to the Rent on game days. I lived a mile East of the Rent. One rainy day, I took the bus.

Reaction Score
Awwwww. Looks like a block letter is here to stay. Let us all rant on about block letters.

The white husky logo is antiquated from a sociological point of view. UConn and Nike were ahead of trends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom