Ten Things I Know About UConn Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ten Things I Know About UConn Football

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of discussing this in person with Warde and asked him flat out as a Michigan alum would he ever suggest they drop the block M.
One is Michigan and one is UConn. Much as we love the latter, we have nowhere near the tradition as the former, so I don't think it's at all a reasonable comparison.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1. I will never use UCONN over UConn. The simple stuff they get wrong in Storrs is painful

2. Kloter Farms makes a nice shed. Solid sponsor.

3. Since every quarterback they play is better than the last, it's time for Leon (the Van Wilder of college football)

4. If you loved UConn football and owned a machine that could control the weather - you couldn't do better than what we've had this year.

5. We'll always have that 2020 NYT national championship

6. While the football team's year off hasn't paid dividends yet, the dance team has gone from
3.5 stars to 4.5 stars

7. I'm glad the band can socially distance - they look much more comfortable spread out over a bunch of sections - they should give the players parents two as well

8. It's time to bring back the DJ. That sad booth above the students lacks energy without him.

9. Credit to Laz, the parking lots may be empty but they can make you question showing up anyway. Commitment to excellence.

10. The block C is wildly overrated. It's like rooting for the logos in the original nintendo baseball game
Celebrate the past and hope for the future.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You could put Tinkerbell on the helmet for all I care…just win baby! But I do think the depressed Husky used by @tzznandrew as an avatar would be fitting these days.

Reaction Score
oh, I fully agree that the old dog had to go. it doesn't work for a football logo on any day of the week and even modernizing it would have been weird. I think both logo marks should have their place in the process. I'd like to lead with the block-C myself but I agree it has better play as a football logo than a basketball logo. The dog is better played up for basketball and hockey but then you use the block-C alternatively in those venues as a university mark than purely as an athletic mark. Especially when you don't want to go so formal and use the school seal.

I think both can be made to work with each other to be perfectly honest.

I agree with all that winning solves a lot of problems but we'd have this argument unless we were 10-2.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I understand the pull of nostalgia, but the current logo presents both a stronger and more accurate image of our Siberian Husky mascot than that fluffy white Samoyed.
You really need to learn your school history. 80 years of UConn tradition.

From 1935 until Suzy's move to the Blue Wolf Every husky mascot that we have had has been a white husky not a Samoyed. Many schools have Huskies as a mascot, the white husky was unique to UConn.

Jonathan II

0F69004F-6584-4B4A-A2BB-A333DE7DA59C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Let's all be honest.

Both the block C and the Husky helmet look horrible when we're losing and look like a million bucks when we're winning. Let's hope we start winning soon...

The Block C blue unis looked a lot better yesterday than they did the past month. Whenever they make a good play in them I see the old 2000s UConn toughness return for a moment. That's why they're the best unis UConn could go with IMO.

2021-G05-CT-Wyoming24.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom