OT: - Tedeschi-Trucks Presale | The Boneyard

OT: Tedeschi-Trucks Presale

Reaction Score
Concerts at the Yale Bowl when i was a kid were awesome. Maybe I'll climb the fence for old times sake

Curiouser
Reaction Score
See you there.

St. Paul and the Broken Bones is a great act for the opener, too.

Glad to see that venue being used for music again. I think the last concert I saw there was James Taylor, and I'm guessing that had to be almost 25 years ago. I don't think there have been many--if any--shows there since.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Concerts at the Yale Bowl when i was a kid were awesome. Maybe I'll climb the fence for old times sake
This is the Tennis Center, not the Yale Bowl.

Reaction Score
not my style of music, but i'm ecstatic about having the venue (westville music bowl -- the former tennis center) within walking distance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah there will be plenty of other shows there now. Same people running it as College Street Music Hall.
That sounds very promising!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Excited to see St. Paul come through! They were a great band around Birmingham and I had a lot of friends in common with them. Got to see them a few times at various small venues around town. They put on a great show!

Reaction Score
I know we have a bunch of Tedeschi Trucks fans here. They're playing in New Haven this summer and the the presale is today, use WHEELSOFSOUL
Just bought a new Chevy Silverado LT1500 4x4 2 weeks ago. Love the sound it makes.

Gotta say I’m not familiar with the Tedeschi Truck brand.

Reaction Score
This is the Tennis Center, not the Yale Bowl.
Yes, is tennis center. Years ago saw Moody Blues, with the New Haven Orchestra play there. Also Bonnie Rait.

Reaction Score
Strict no tailgating policy, which sucks, but I will be there. Love TTB. Beats the drive to Hartford and Simsbury the last couple of years. The article I read said the neighborhood is a lot more pro concerts than it was before. Said they were looking to have shows at the Bowl again, which would be awesome. Can’t wait for the new theater in Bridgeport at the former baseball stadium.

Reaction Score
check out

Now I know why. That was awesome.
Loved the way the chorus kicked in a few minutes into the song then it went to the trumpet solo then to the lead guitar solo. They must be great in person.

Where are they from ?

Reaction Score
Now I know why. That was awesome.
Loved the way the chorus kicked in a few minutes into the song then it went to the trumpet solo then to the lead guitar solo. They must be great in person.

Where are they from ?

The band is based in Jacksonville, FL.

Susan Tedeschi, grew up in the Boston area...as a solo artist she was nominated for a Grammy for best new artist back in 2000 losing out to Christina Aguilera.

Derek Trucks is widely considered to be one of the best slide guitarists in the world. He's the nephew of Allman Brothers' original Butch Trucks. Derek spent 15 years with the Allman Brothers before Gregg's illness ended their run. Their current 12 piece band is an amalgamation of their two previous solo bands.

Whenever those "best concerts" or "need new music to listen to" threads show up here on the BY, I always list these guys along with The Mavericks and The Marcus King Band.

Reaction Score
Susan performed at Jorgensen some years back and TTB killed it at the Simsbury Performing Arts Center 2 summers ago

Yep.... i saw Susan at Jorgenson in 2000. Also on the New Haven Town green that summer....

I was in the pit for the Simsbury show....nice bill with Hot Tuna and the Wood Brothers... better show than the Meadows the following summer.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, they don't play out west enough (making it only to Red Rocks) and then when they do, it's in Fox or Paramount theaters that are wonderful settings but sell out in a minute.

Reaction Score
I don’t think I can make it to the New Haven show, but I saw them at the Orpheum in Boston on Saturday. They were amazing as always. They closed with an incredible version of “With A Little Help From My Friends”. They’re one of my absolute favorite bands to see live.

Reaction Score
The band is based in Jacksonville, FL.

Susan Tedeschi, grew up in the Boston area...as a solo artist she was nominated for a Grammy for best new artist back in 2000 losing out to Christina Aguilera.

Derek Trucks is widely considered to be one of the best slide guitarists in the world. He's the nephew of Allman Brothers' original Butch Trucks. Derek spent 15 years with the Allman Brothers before Gregg's illness ended their run. Their current 12 piece band is an amalgamation of their two previous solo bands.

Whenever those "best concerts" or "need new music to listen to" threads show up here on the BY, I always list these guys along with The Mavericks and The Marcus King Band.
Let me recommend the Teskey Brothers if you haven't heard them

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Saw the Wheels of Soul earlier in spring this year. Phenomenal show. Had Blackberry Smoke open up who put on a great show in their own right.

The band does a great job of highlighting the different sections of the band its members skills. Derek really laid back until the last 25-30 minutes and then was like a formula one race car just building speed and agility. He was absolutely smoking by the encore.

Reaction Score
Brag: Janis Joplin at Yale Bowl circa 1968. Gordon Lightfoot opened.
My first concert.

Brag: Stevie Ray Vaughan at UConn Spring Weekend for free my senior year. My 137th concert. Saw Van Halen 3 times in one week my freshman year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Derek really laid back until the last 25-30 minutes...
That was my main problem when I saw them (twice). You go for Gladys Knight and you mostly get the Pips.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom