Team USA vs Nigeria - 2/09/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team USA vs Nigeria - 2/09/20

Reaction Score
Not a hard analysis since EDD and Stewie when healthy are the 2 best players in the world. To be honest, no one knows what Diana has left (healthy or otherwise)
This just shows that the loss to Oregon was nice for them, it wasn't monumental. In international ball different lane, and physical nature, you need players like Stewie and EDD to set yourself apart. DT was always the one who could shoot from anywhere, which beat everyone else.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
All our guards had subpar games. This should be very sobering. Plum looks pretty good compared to this crop.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All our guards had subpar games. This should be very sobering. Plum looks pretty good compared to this crop.

Why isn't she with the team for this round of games, any idea?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m not sure about that. Reeve will probably hit the bottle after this game.

She won't find a drink in Belgrade since the Nigeria team was last seen celebrating like Mardi Gras. :D

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Bird had a goose egg, along with six assists.
Diggins made 1 three and 2 free throws.

Reaction Score
Griner is in the postgame press. She has a divet under her eye. I’m not sure if it’s a blackeye or if she hasn’t been getting enough sleep lately.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Griner is in the postgame press. She has a divet under her eye. I’m not sure if it’s a blackeye or if she hasn’t been getting enough sleep lately.

The commentators mentioned her "nice" black eye. Nigeria played an extremely physical game.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum ought to be in the starting line-up.
Sue Bird is just like Tom Brady. . . she's lost half a step.
Time for her to move aside.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hypothetical

If Lou had joined Karlie on the GB side, probably would have qualified.
GB had no business losing to Korea. GB played horrid and Korea found the one game they were hot with 3 pointers.
Korea lost by 35+ points to China and Spain.
GB lost by 10 points to those teams in much closer games.

Feel bad for Karlie as she really wanted to go to Olympics.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
USA had 25 assists on 26 made baskets

However, the offensive rebounding was horrid.
Nigeria had 15 offensive rebounds to 7 for USA (I dont count team rebounds)
There were a lot of bigs standing around for the early parts of the game.
Game changed when Lou came in with 4.25 left in 3rd and USA down 44-32
USA outscored Nigeria by 17 after that.

Reaction Score
This game was almost laughably physical, but it was fun to watch them comeback. It was especially fun to see the game change once Lou came in and to see her come up big in crunch time. A lot will change between now and the Olympics in both preparation and the lineup. Looking forward to seeing the final lineup.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For those who can't get enough National team rooting, US plays Canada for CONCACAF final at 6PM on FS2. Hope our Soccer team plays better than the WBB team today.

Reaction Score
Right now the only 2 locks if both are healthy, are Stewie and EDD. Griner probably will make it because we should see Australia and Liz in a game. The rest of the team could be anyone.

Reaction Score
Right now the only 2 locks if both are healthy, are Stewie and EDD. Griner probably will make it because we should see Australia and Liz in a game. The rest of the team could be anyone.

If Griner isn’t a lock then nobody is. Most international teams have no answer for her. Teams can slow Fowles and Nneka. Nobody slows Griner (today was as close as it gets with the UFC fight the refs let happen)

Reaction Score
All the players that are getting paid by Team USA this winter are most likely locks, eight of them.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
All the players that are getting paid by Team USA this winter are most likely locks, eight of them.
Can you remind me which players those are?

I do think the selection committee will face a difficult choice if Taurasi hasn't shown she's fully healthy and ready to go by roster finalization time (in April?).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Can you remind me which players those are?

I do think the selection committee will face a difficult choice if Taurasi hasn't shown she's fully healthy and ready to go by roster finalization time (in April?).

April? No. Roster will be finalized in July. Tokyo competition begins July 27.

Plebe

Reaction Score
April? No. Roster will be finalized in July. Tokyo competition begins July 27.
Ah okay. I was basing that on my vague memory of when the final roster was announced in 2016.

Reaction Score
Ah okay. I was basing that on my vague memory of when the final roster was announced in 2016.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well there ya go. Late April 2016. Every now and then my memory doesn't fail me :( :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom