Team Needs | The Boneyard

Team Needs

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We need to play more above the rim (rebounding and finishing). We are leading the country in blocked shots but I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't close in getting blocked as well.

I haven't been as big on Cliff Omoruyi as some here, not because I don't think he's talented but because he looks very raw offensively (doesn't look like a one and done to me by any means). However, given what we've seen so far, I'd say get out the bag man for him asap (metaphorically of course).

If I had to say succinctly what the team needs more than anything:
1. Better play within 3ft of the hoop, finishing and rebounding (hopefully Springs helps this but need more)
2. Better guard decision making (hopefully Cole helps this but need more)

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I hope we are not giving up on Cliff. We can use more size and Cliff appears to be a beast. We are in dire need at the PG position. Jalen is progressing nicely considering he is only a freshman. Hopefully Cole is the real deal. I am very disappointed in AG. Carlton is not very athletic but I like his attitude. He needs a better motor.

Reaction Score
We need to play more above the rim (rebounding and finishing). We are leading the country in blocked shots but I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't close in getting blocked as well.

I haven't been as big on Cliff Omoruyi as some here, not because I don't think he's talented but because he looks very raw offensively (doesn't look like a one and done to me by any means). However, given what we've seen so far, I'd say get out the bag man for him asap (metaphorically of course).

1. Better play within 3ft of the hoop, finishing and rebounding (hopefully Springs helps this but need more)

Thoughts?

They knew exactly what they were getting with Cole -- it's not like signing a kid out of high school. I expect with him, Gaffney by then established and Adams as a combo, they expect to be more than fine at the point next year.

Reaction Score

Thoughts?

We are first in the country in block percentage (18.9%), but we are 287th (67th worst) in the country in having our shots blocked (10.7%).

Reaction Score
We are first in the country in block percentage (18.9%), but we are 287th (67th worst) in the country in having our shots blocked (10.7%).

Despite being the 71st tallest team.

Reaction Score
This team needs a take charge winner with leadership skills. Someone to inject confidence and a winning attitude. I'm not saying talent wise, becuase that would be difficult, but someone that has a Khalid type personality where he makes his teammates believe. It feels like forever since we had a quarterback or leader on the court organizing everything and knowing exactly what we need on each possession. We just seem rudderless on the floor.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Stronger hands all around. The number of balls bobbled, double clutched or flat out dropped without any pressure at all slowed down every movement. They were slow and listless in the half court to begin with against an aggressive D. Giving them extra time was a constant problem.

Truth is that game was lost in the first 3 minutes. Everyone shares blame on this one. The minutes need to go on who is playing both hard and smart. Not who Hurley thinks should his best lineup.

We are missing the post season again unless this is the last game were they look non competitive.

Reaction Score
another Center (e.g. cliff) and Wing (e.g. towns) for 2020 so there are 0 ollie guys in the rotation next year.

Reaction Score
I hope we are not giving up on Cliff. We can use more size and Cliff appears to be a beast. We are in dire need at the PG position. Jalen is progressing nicely considering he is only a freshman. Hopefully Cole is the real deal. I am very disappointed in AG. Carlton is not very athletic but I like his attitude. He needs a better motor.
Carlton is a nice kid but he's just that on the court too, I want a couple mean mugs who want to take yout head off. We haven't had that in a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom