TE coach to CCSU head coach? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TE coach to CCSU head coach?

Reaction Score
I'll make one other point about "letting" Marinelli walk. Marinelli was in charge of Tight Ends. Please describe exactly how you think our Tight Ends did this year? I'm not saying it's the case, but if Marinelli wasn't tied in to Connecticut high school circles, would you recognize the possibility that an aggressive head coach trying to build up the program quickly might not be a huge fan of his first year here?
Same could be said about the QB coach. Maybe give QB coach a break as #1 guy gets injured and # 3 and #4 are not game fit. Ok, but QB play was still poor.
Who were the TE's and how "good" are they, does any of their performance problems have anything to do with the QB wasn't trusted to throw over the middle and often missed open receivers.

Reaction Score
The idea that UConn and Central are in the same football universe (although they are in the same state) is not correct. Marinella has way more value at UConn than he does at Central. CCCU does indeed have a head coaching job. It would be a good job for a high school coach stepping up or a D3 coach trying to repair his reputation. Hell, it's a good spot for a guy like Pasquoloni who is at the end of career and wants a pillow to nap on. That situation would benefit both. But suggesting Marinelli can enhance his career more at Central than as an assistant at UConn, I think it's more likely he could harm his career with a stint at Central, especially since Mora is a rocket ship.
Your opinion on what's best for his is intriguing at best but for all the wrong reasons. Let him decide his path in life. If we think he's valuable we'll throw him the money, if not, we don't. However, his ambitions are his interests and your view on the world is quite odd. These guys all have egos and I bet you to a man if they thought they could handle the job they'd all want to be the head coach

I never got around to saying it but if we get a coach that goes from TE coaching to head coach at CCSU then you let him go. Realize we aren't at the top of the order in things and lower level coaches are going to seek upgrades. Be the place where you can go and improve and get recognized and don't sweat the smaller defections.

Reaction Score
Your opinion on what's best for his is intriguing at best but for all the wrong reasons. Let him decide his path in life. If we think he's valuable we'll throw him the money, if not, we don't. However, his ambitions are his interests and your view on the world is quite odd. These guys all have egos and I bet you to a man if they thought they could handle the job they'd all want to be the head coach

I never got around to saying it but if we get a coach that goes from TE coaching to head coach at CCSU then you let him go. Realize we aren't at the top of the order in things and lower level coaches are going to seek upgrades. Be the place where you can go and improve and get recognized and don't sweat the smaller defections.

Your opinion is demonstrably wrong. Coaches pass up head coaching jobs all the time. It's about, fit and timing and money and family and more. And many head coaches -like Charlton on the UConn staff- leave head coaching jobs at lower levels to become assistants at Division One schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom