2023 Recruiting: - Taylor Bol Bowen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Taylor Bol Bowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s very tempting to post how I live for First Night to punish those of you who choose not to use the ignore button (or don’t manually ignore).

you guys are arguing with a toddler about the fact that dragons don’t exist

Reaction Score
Here, I'll help: as previously stated, we're in really, really good shape here. Made him a priority early. And I think we'll get both him & Griffiths. :)

Valiant effort Matrim. I salute you. Unfortunately stupidity on this board appears to be quite resilient.

With regards to the actual subject of this thread, do we have a feeling TBB and Gavin will commit sooner rather than later or is this more likely to be a Summer 2022 development?

Reaction Score
Here, I'll help: as previously stated, we're in really, really good shape here. Made him a priority early. And I think we'll get both him & Griffiths. :)
I love that the staff truly prioritizes local talent, rather than coming in late and expecting the local talent to commit. Lots of good talent in the northeast these days, seems like they’re trying to build a wall and get exactly who they want from the region. No need to really get outside of that (for now)….

Reaction Score
This is like wrestling with a pig, but I am 100% certain that if we went through those threads we wouldn't find a shred of evidence for your claim.

"WOW!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING ABOUT BEING A UCONN FAN!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WINNING A TOURNAMENT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!" said no UConn MBB fan ever in the history of the world.

"Emotionally invested"? Your strawman is so weak, Ajou Deng could knock it over. Honestly, the person who's most "emotionally invested" in First Night, as @Waquoit pointed out, is YOU.
"Never wrestle with a pigs. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm hijacking this thread to indicate I would love to see Taylor Bol Bowen become a Husky in the future. Lot of potential. Thanks to all who keep us informed over his recruitment.

To continue with this thread I think most of us fit into some category of narcissism. For instance many of us are attention seekers. Hence the explosion of media forms such as Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter, blogs, etc. Many of us desire approval. Hence the desire for getting likes or followers.

The following is a good article about narcissism if anyone is interested. I like the article because it expresses the trait as a continuum. Each of you can decide where you (or others) fit on the continuum.

Is narcissism common? The answer may surprise you

The one thing that the article omits is malignant narcissism. "It isn’t recognized as a formal diagnosis in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5). But many psychologists and mental health experts have used this term to describe a specific set of personality traits." For the sake of completeness (as opposed to anyone in this forum fitting this trait) the following article offers a good explanation:

Unpacking Malignant Narcissism

Malignant narcissism could include aspects of narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) alongside a mix of antisocial, paranoid and sadistic personality disorder traits.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or, hear me out, Chief’s idiotic First Night comments and those of us egging him on propelled a moribund thread and had the effect of inviting more TBB-related posts aimed at drowning out Chief’s idiotic First Night comments and those of us egging him on.

You’re welcome.
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Uh... okay, I guess. ;)

Reaction Score
So are we saying that Hurley was with Clingan at a 6am workout, was at Storrs doing extended interviews with Fanta, AND goes 3 hours to Brewster each way to visit those kids, ALL TODAY. That is a head coach with ambition who is 'All In'. Count me impressed. Plus we have been with Edwards and Wilcher, Westry, reports we are seeing Chatman in Minn this week, and, I think I recall Castle as well. Consider it's essentially 3 hours to Brewster, spend an hour or 2 at Brewster, and then 3 hours back or travel elsewhere. That is essentially an 8 hour day on top of having a full day before he went!! Who else on the Boneyard worked that hard today?

Reaction Score
So are we saying that Hurley was with Clingan at a 6am workout, was at Storrs doing extended interviews with Fanta, AND goes 3 hours to Brewster each way to visit those kids, ALL TODAY. That is a head coach with ambition who is 'All In'. Count me impressed. Plus we have been with Edwards and Wilcher, Westry, reports we are seeing Chatman in Minn this week, and, I think I recall Castle as well. Consider it's essentially 3 hours to Brewster, spend an hour or 2 at Brewster, and then 3 hours back or travel elsewhere. That is essentially an 8 hour day on top of having a full day before he went!! Who else on the Boneyard worked that hard today?
No one. Hurley is the hardest worker in the business. And those who matter know. How much did it mean to the Clingan's to have him show up at 6am? Not many would do that. Our coach always does. Actions are louder than words. He shows these kids time and time again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

LMK when he both works a full-time job and finds time to post drivel on a college men's basketball message board.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
LMK when he both works a full-time job and finds time to post drivel on a college men's basketball message board.

He already does - his handle is Chief00.

Edit: My mistake, I think Chief is actually BOB Hurley. Dan is @August_West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom