OT: - Take a Moment | The Boneyard

OT: Take a Moment

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Always a special day for my father. He served as a ground mechanic in WWII and he always remembered the many flight crew that came back in bombers shot to pieces and also his tentmate that was killed in a "run away" bomber accident at the end of the runway.

My great uncle also died as a result of poison gas in WWI.

Reaction Score
Jake Hotsky Navy WWII
My Uncle "Doc" Hohenstein WWII Pacific Theater
Herman Cohen Army WWII/ General Eisenhower's driver in England
Ex-Wrestler Ron Welch Ranger sniper/Afghanistan/presently General CT National Guard
Ex-Wrestler Captain Jason Hamill Army Killed in Iraq 2006
Richard Cavallaro Navy/retired25+ years Submarines/my UCONN WBB buddy
"Red" Farwell Army Air Force Tail Gunner B-17 WWII European Theater
Ex-Wrestler Jason Ashburn Coast Guard Retired CG Academy graduate served 12+ years
Ex-Wrestler Captain Greg Kapral retired/Army Military Police graduated West Point Served in Afghanistan & Iraq
Ex-Wrestler Tom Combs Coast Guard graduated CG Academy 20+ years
Ex-Wrestler Steve Fekete Air Force graduated Air Force Academy

Reaction Score
Thank you @veryolddog for this thread. I would like to add that your generosity of asking people to take a moment is way too kind. We all should be taking more than that every day of the year thanking and respecting those that paid the ultimate price for the freedoms we have.
Thank you to all that have and are serving in the US military in any capacity. My thoughts, thanks and prayers are with you daily.

Reaction Score
I agree with Woof 101 above! I know that Memorial Day is to remember those who have made the ULTIMATE sacrifice, but to me ANYONE who "Stood the Wall" alive or dead deserves our utmost respect at all times!
Take the time, no matter where you may be, to thank a service man or woman for their service! They are the best of the best!

Reaction Score
One of the things that happens as you grow older is that your appreciation of what we have to be thankful for, and it is so much, was paid for by the sacrifices of so many young men and women who were the people next door, the ones we played with on the playgrounds and at the beachs. Some of us came back, but they didn't. Please take a few seconds sometime during the day or at night to ask God to treat them like the heroes they are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom