Taisun Phommachanh to UMass | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taisun Phommachanh to UMass

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The current starter at UMass is pretty solid and getting better. It will be interesting to see how that QB battle plays out.
Which one? The kid that started against us(Olson) or Campiotti or Dziuro?

Reaction Score
If he has been in school for 4 years is it possible he has graduated and thus would be eligible immediately? I really do not understand all the transfer nuances.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He should get a chance to compete for a spot there - but this is a case of a player that was ranked highly out of high school that has not performed well at all when given opportunities. I don’t think that is going to change at UMASS.

Yup.

He’s just not good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This was a highly sought after QB. The competition at Clemsom was a very high level. His participation was limited but I thought he looked part when he got his few snaps.

He is a MASSIVE upgrade at UMess.

The guy who drove him out of Clemson was terrible. The guys he played behind at Georgia Tech were terrible.

So, no.

Reaction Score
I think Taisun is going to be more of a gadget player than every down QB.

Solid get for the massholes regardless.

Reaction Score
I think Taisun is going to be more of a gadget player than every down QB.

Solid get for the massholes regardless.
I just don’t see it. He suffered a torn acl I believe early in his career that might have affected him significantly - but there is nothing at all that suggests he is an FBS starting qb.

Reaction Score
If he has been in school for 4 years is it possible he has graduated and thus would be eligible immediately? I really do not understand all the transfer nuances.
247 says he’s immediately eligible and has 3 yrs left

Reaction Score
To clear up the eligibility thing for Taisun... He will be immediately eligible as a graduate transfer. 247's assessment is correct.
Taisun and Tyler have the same number of years of eligibility remaining (3, unless Tyler gets a second medical redshirt for 2022 in which case he would have 4), though their true freshman years were two years apart.

Reaction Score
It’s a funny board. Had he come here, folks would be pointing to his local roots, HS star rating and P5 pedigree. He did not, so now he sucks.

He doesn’t suck. The few downs I remember him playing at Clemson, he looked far more the part than, say, the few downs Roberson played at Penn State. If we want to be at all intellectually honest, which one can never count on.

Does he have to prove he can be a FBS QB, even at the UConn level? Of course he does. Would I have been thrilled to get him this offseason? Also yes. But that race was run when his brother came here.

Reaction Score
It’s a funny board. Had he come here, folks would be pointing to his local roots, HS star rating and P5 pedigree. He did not, so now he sucks.
Um, yea, I mean look at the mental gymnastics people did to praise the Roberson transfer

Reaction Score
Um, yea, I mean look at the mental gymnastics people did to praise the Roberson transfer
I agree. The idea that he’s undoubtedly the starter because he was highly-rated four years ago pisses me off every time I hear it especially when Fagnano is in that QB room.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish him well except when he plays UConn.

I saw him play and thought he was better than the quarterback that took over after Lawrence left

Reaction Score
This guy is umass level talent at best. Go watch the Clemson South Carolina game for all the evidence you need

Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh will finally get starter minutes both in practice and in games at UMess. That should accelerate his development. He was in bad situations but he is the one that put himself in bad situations with bad choices.

Regardless, UMess is awful at QB and he will be an upgrade. He would have been an upgrade here over ZT.

Reaction Score

-> He transferred to Georgia Tech ahead of the 2022 season after graduating from Clemson in three years and spent last year with the Yellow Jackets before entering the Portal once again and moving back north with UMass.

Phommachanh has two seasons remaining to play thanks to a redshirt year and the COVID year… <-

Reaction Score
That article got me interested in who UMASS brought in through the portal. Some intriguing players that are going to help them. Lots of Arizona transfers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom