2023 Recruiting: - Taison Chatman Visit | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Taison Chatman Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Four-star shooting guard Taison Chatman tells On3 he’s scheduled his first two official visits. The 6-foot-3 prospect out of Minneapolis (Minn.) Totino-Grace will visit UConn on June 19th-20th and Xavier on June 22nd-23rd.

Reaction Score
middleton arrives for his OV the next day
This seems to be Hurley's first class at UConn where they've gone outside of the Northeast corridor for many of their targets. Is it Luke Murray's influence or was this Hurley's plan all along? Probably some of both. Hurley did say a few years ago that once he got the program back into the national spotlight he would expand the recruiting outside the Northeast corridor. With back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances (even though they flamed out early in both :mad:) and an NBA lottery pick he probably felt it's time.

Reaction Score
This seems to be Hurley's first class at UConn where they've gone outside of the Northeast corridor for many of their targets. Is it Luke Murray's influence or was this Hurley's plan all along?
I don't know the connection, but in this case, Chatman was one of the first 2023 recruits I saw us associated with, well before Luke Murray was aboard I believe. I haven't invested any time into watching him, but he has been highly rated for a long time so I expect to be impressed. Castle, Chatman, Middleton, is excellent rating quality. Throw in a player like Estrada ....

It has occurred to me that I may owe Boneyarders an apology for the failure to get Gavin Griffith on board that I coveted. With Sanogo, Karaban, and Clingan, I had passed a written note to Tom Moore early in the recruiting process, that they were the guys I wanted. I forgot to do the same with Griffith. :p No note, no player until a future transfer portal. Damn.

pj

Reaction Score
It has occurred to me that I may owe Boneyarders an apology for the failure to get Gavin Griffith on board that I coveted. With Sanogo, Karaban, and Clingan, I had passed a written note to Tom Moore early in the recruiting process, that they were the guys I wanted. I forgot to do the same with Griffith. :p No note, no player until a future transfer portal. Damn.

Steve Pikiell must read the Boneyard. Doubtless it's your posts that got Rutgers interested.

Reaction Score

Four-star guard Taison Chatman has set his first official visit of the summer. Connecticut will kick things off by hosting Chatman on June 19.

"The coaching staff said they love my game," Chatman said on Connecticut. "Luke Murray recruits me from there. They have been on me hard. The Big East produces a lot of guards."

Reaction Score
Picked up some instagram follows today from Andre and Clingan. Essentially the 2022 version of a crystal ball
I think that's more a cue that a visit is imminent when the Andre follow comes in. But we already knew that. That being said the staff was a very good visit conversion rate.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
That's it, I'll never trust you again. Good day, sir!
;)

Reaction Score
Would love him as a true scoring threat to pair with Castle. Would sure be cool if an insider had a read on where we stand with him

Reaction Score
This is probably the kid I like the most out of our recent targets. Hope he makes it out of the Kansas visit.
things seem to be moving very quickly with S. Ball tho. if we get him and castle as our CGs i think that would eliminate chatman, chris johnson and darius carr from considering us.

along with ross we'd only have room for middleton/coleman/stojakovic on the wing

Reaction Score
things seem to be moving very quickly with S. Ball tho. if we get him and castle as our CGs i think that would eliminate chatman, chris johnson and darius carr from considering us.

along with ross we'd only have room for middleton/coleman/stojakovic on the wing
Lil Peja ain’t coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69