Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They had a offensive lineman thrown out of their football game with Boston College for punching a player multiple times in back of the head. A lot of angry athletes in Cuse these days. Maybe they have a sucker punch course.

Reaction Score
But this is much worse…

Attachments

• 48370F44-82F9-4A33-9134-5BE190B9E410.png
    48370F44-82F9-4A33-9134-5BE190B9E410.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 886
  • 82012751-C24D-485C-97FA-A3A5EB4A4F1C.png
    82012751-C24D-485C-97FA-A3A5EB4A4F1C.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 886

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How on Gods green earth does Jimmy still have his job…our campus would have been burning in flames by now if we were in that same situation.
Because the man is a national treasure. He should be allowed to coach as long as he wants. He easily has another 10 years of this level of coaching left in him, and he should spend every one of them at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
More ACC/B1G Challenge games tonight. The highlight for me is Syracuse at #16 Illinois in the battle of orange unis. The Illini are currently 12.5 pt favorites, but I'm betting Illinois blows right past that line.
LOL!!! Syracuse truly has entered mid major territory, losing by 30 to a ranked team in the early season

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes, they've sucked all the fun out of it. There are still a few Boeheim apologists and a few more who think that the program is a recruit or two away from success, but for the most part they know they're bad. Very bad.

They know how bad it is. It almost makes you feel sorry for that fan base...................almost.

It is an incredible situation. Almost unprecedented in my mind in that Boeheim is literally holding the program hostage at this point. They are caught in a purgatory that gets closer to eternal hell every minute that happens. No one will play for them right now. Boeheim is so arrogant he won't even allow an announcement of a succession plan, so it throws a wrench into every recruiting cycle as you never know who you will play for. And on the flipside it is no better in that you could give Boeheim a 10 year contract extension for recruiting stability but no one will go and play for him because he's lost his mind. He puts zero effort into coaching these days. Im not exaggerating. Zero. Kids see it, their parents see it. He constantly throws his kids under the bus in the media, and still insists on playing a 2-3 zone in an age where everyone can shoot threes. Boeheim certainly helped in establishing the Syracuse brand, and now he seems determined to blow it all up before leaving. It is a fascinating, (and almost sad, but its Boeheim so screw him) end to a legendary career. He really is erasing everything. The Hubris is unmatched.

Fran Fraschilla just really decimated the Syracuse program during the last 10 minutes of that broadcast last night. It's the first Ive heard of media really speaking truth on this issue. I wanted Fran to shut up and be like the rest of the media and kiss Boeheims ring because that will make him stay longer. ;)

Reaction Score
What's even better is that they think he will leave Alabama for them when Boeheim finally retires. That will never happen.
They're so delusional. Are they even an attractive job anymore? They're in for a worse rebuild than we had to go through. At least we had the Big East to help jumpstart our recruiting again. They're a dead man walking in the bottom half of a terrible ACC

Reaction Score
I think I'm finally to the point of not caring what Syracuse does; my wife would always ask why I was so obsessed with them losing and the answer was easy. In my lifetime, they were probably our biggest rival back in the Big East and where I grew up there was a ton of Cuse fans. But this year I find myself just plain old not caring. JB has completely decimated that program and they're no longer rivals or even equals. It's akin to BC for me; I don't hate them anymore, I just don't even think of them. They are completely and utterly irrelevant.

Reaction Score
They're so delusional. Are they even an attractive job anymore? They're in for a worse rebuild than we had to go through. At least we had the Big East to help jumpstart our recruiting again. They're a dead man walking in the bottom half of a terrible ACC
I just imagine them going the Duke route, where K groomed Scheyer to replace him...McNamara at the helm of all those helms trophies would just be chef's kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom