Syracuse is screwed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

Reaction Score
You almost feel bad for those Cuse fans... until you remember all those posts predicting UConn fading into a mid-major afterthought from a few years ago. It’s those posts that make watching Syracuse and UConn going in drastically different directions so, so sweet.

mrw GIF

Reaction Score
Some of their fans think Pitno is the answer. And he just might by. He's nearby in New Rochelle.
I had to like this and reply. Makes so much sense. Cuse is in trouble. JB is done.

Reaction Score
That zone doesn't work in 2020.

Kadary Richmond is a gem though. Especially if he learns to shoot it. If he transfers I'd like to think our relationship with him will make us a potential landing spot. The ability to create off the bounce is rate--he's got it.
When I saw highlights while we were recruiting him I was most impressed with the way the ball seems to be on a string. He can go anywhere he wants anytime and his passing is high level too. No shots beyond drives and dunks though he'll try a three once in a while. The zone isn't going to help him advance and hopefully he'll realize it and transfer to us after this year.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That's why I laughed back in the day when Cuse fans talked about MSG being "their home". In the old BE days, BC, PC, UConn, Rutgers, SJU, Nova, Seton Hall and even GTown were all closer to NYC than Cuse. They did have Pitt beat though.
I think they said that because all the women wore orange laces in their sneakers at the Garden and they had the most fans.

Reaction Score
Objectively, none of the BE schools that jumped to the ACC ship -- Cuse, Pitt, Miami, BC -- have notably thrived in any major sport.

Cuse has had 1 or 2 successful mbb seasons (one FF) but most have been mediocre at best. FB success has been fleeting.

Pitt and BC are almost forgettable.mid-majors in mbb.

Miami has had slightly better success in mbb and FB, but nothing remarkable or sustainable.

The P5 money has been an upside, but it hardly ensures success on the field or court. As others have stated, I have few thoughts and prayers for Cuse in their struggling times. They've earned their time in the shade.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The game was on locally here yesterday and it was so upsetting to watch Syracuse make Pitt look good as my idiot Pitt friends took the win as a sign they’re “back”. Cuse is just unbelievably bad. The announcer mentioned they were 2/17 from three at one point and, on cue, the next two-three possessions were Girard and Buddy tossing up prayers from deep that ended up turning into easy transition points off of a long rebound.

As much as I hate Pitt with every fiber of my being (as well as having taken Cuse -5), Syracuse deserves every bit of this train wreck. Their empty arrogance and misguided sense of importance has been unbearable, especially when we were in AAC purgatory. I sincerely hope the next steps are letting Boeheim drag it further into the abyss for another year or so only to result in a messy separation and then a clumsy internal hire of a guy like McNamara to appease him.

Reaction Score
Objectively, none of the BE schools that jumped to the ACC ship -- Cuse, Pitt, Miami, BC -- have notably thrived in any major sport.

Cuse has had 1 or 2 successful mbb seasons (one FF) but most have been mediocre at best. FB success has been fleeting.

Pitt and BC are almost forgettable.mid-majors in mbb.

Miami has had slightly better success in mbb and FB, but nothing remarkable or sustainable.

The P5 money has been an upside, but it hardly ensures success on the field or court. As others have stated, I have few thoughts and prayers for Cuse in their struggling times. They've earned their time in the shade.
It’s worth noting that Miami is in a league that makes geographical sense, for the most part. The others very much are not. On the other hand, look at how Villanova has thrived in recent years. Granted, Jay Wright is an outstanding coach, but it turns out being in a basketball-centric league with natural geographical rivals can be a good thing for a basketball program. Who knew?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As crazy as this would've seemed a few years ago, I wouldn't even accept an ACC invite at this point. The Big East is so much better for our program.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
128 LIKES. I miscounted earlier.

Reaction Score
That zone doesn't work in 2020.

Kadary Richmond is a gem though. Especially if he learns to shoot it. If he transfers I'd like to think our relationship with him will make us a potential landing spot. The ability to create off the bounce is rate--he's got it.
BC plays a zone too and they suck

Reaction Score
At least those Syracuse fans have that ACC money to brag about...personally, I'd rather have that than a relevant basketball team.

/s
? are you being sarcastic?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Best case scenario Jimmy Jr transfers in and he stays coaching his two sons and their friend, who should all be playing at Valparaiso, for one year. The laughs will be endless.
Correction: best case scenario is that Buddy takes his extra year that Covid gave him and Jim stays 2 more years. When Buddy and Jim retire from basketball the program will be in tatters and require some 4-5 year drawn out rebuild.

Reaction Score
You almost feel bad for those Cuse fans... until you remember all those posts predicting UConn fading into a mid-major afterthought from a few years ago. It’s those posts that make watching Syracuse and UConn going in drastically different directions so, so sweet.
Well, to be fair, we almost did. But they were too busy predicting our demise to notice they were steadily declining too. Meanwhile, we've righted the ship while they're going off the cliff. Fun times.

Reaction Score
Correction: best case scenario is that Buddy takes his extra year that Covid gave him and Jim stays 2 more years. When Buddy and Jim retire from basketball the program will be in tatters and require some 4-5 year drawn out rebuild.
Also add in the other son transferring in, and him and Buddy taking 40 shots per game between the two of them. That will be a hoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom