Syracuse is screwed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
They’re just bad.

Really bad - and they’re bad by design.

Boeheim/Girard would be an okay backcourt at, like, Niagara or Fairfield.but JB has them out there like they’re all-ACC candidates. And they’ll be bad next year because Boeheim is absolutely committed to that tire fire in the back court.

Add in the fact that they’re recruiting badly and they still have that five year ‘we hired the wrong guy’ period coming that everyone goes through after replacing a hall of famer and you can almost kiss off the decade there.

Remember when Andre Jackson turned them down because he wanted playing time? He’d start at like nine positions at Syracuse and probably be asked to drive the team bus.
Oh! That's a shame.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Girard was such a self centered punk in HS and the people up here just smiled and nodded - refs taking pictures with the giy before games, him piss and moaning about teammates,

That is one guy that deserves a little turmoil.
Can't agree more. I live in the Albany area and everyone in our sports world around here was in love with him. Had a terrible attitude in HS. Brings a smile to my face to see him lose.

Reaction Score
This is part of a bigger plan. Bigger than any small $ BE school could have. This will be a violation forfeit year. When you’re big time you need to have some bad seasons to forfeit when you get caught cheating.
Continue to think small mutties

Reaction Score
New Rochelle is, in fact, in New York State. But as far as being "nearby" to Syracuse....

It would be equally as nearby to Boston, or Washington, DC.
That's why I laughed back in the day when Cuse fans talked about MSG being "their home". In the old BE days, BC, PC, UConn, Rutgers, SJU, Nova, Seton Hall and even GTown were all closer to NYC than Cuse. They did have Pitt beat though.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
At least those Syracuse fans have that ACC money to brag about...personally, I'd rather have that than a relevant basketball team.

/s

There seem to be a lot of folks out there (even on this board) that think of college sports as the Financial Flexibility Olympics. I suggest they start rooting for the Tampa Bay Rays - it is about WINNING

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They’re just bad.

Really bad - and they’re bad by design.

Boeheim/Girard would be an okay backcourt at, like, Niagara or Fairfield.but JB has them out there like they’re all-ACC candidates. And they’ll be bad next year because Boeheim is absolutely committed to that tire fire in the back court.

Add in the fact that they’re recruiting badly and they still have that five year ‘we hired the wrong guy’ period coming that everyone goes through after replacing a hall of famer and you can almost kiss off the decade there.

Remember when Andre Jackson turned them down because he wanted playing time? He’d start at like nine positions at Syracuse and probably be asked to drive the team bus.
Thank you for shouting out my alma mater. Fairfield needs help.

Reaction Score
Currently 11th in the ACC, which actually kinda falls in line with what they've been since joining the conference.

syracuse.png

Reaction Score
Kadary Richmond is a gem though. Especially if he learns to shoot it. If he transfers I'd like to think our relationship with him will make us a potential landing spot. The ability to create off the bounce is rate--he's got it.
would be the perfect use of bouk's scholly. i have all the faith in the world in hawkins but i'd still rather not completely rely on a freshman to be a starter from day 1

Reaction Score
would be the perfect solution to our guard problems in 2021 and beyond. i have all the faith in the world in hawkins but i'd still rather not completely rely on a freshman to be a starter from day 1

I'd rather have a better shooter... but considering Hawkins is a ridiculous shooter, but can't create AT ALL, they could potentially compliment each other well.

Reaction Score
New Rochelle is, in fact, in New York State. But as far as being "nearby" to Syracuse....

It would be equally as nearby to Boston, or Washington, DC.
Yes. He is actually closer to Storrs!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom