Syracuse is screwed | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

Reaction Score
It is the match ups...Syracuse was not a great team..

Cuse lost to Pitt (X2)...Virginia (X2)...UNC..Duke...Clemson...Georgia Tech....and skipped FSU and Louisville because of Covid...

Reaction Score
Yea their resume didn't warrant a 2 seed but the analytics did so I'm guessing that was how they reached that conclusion. Either way, very happy they took down the Cuse.

They look the part of a 2 when Sasser is hitting his shot and look pretty bad (see the RU game) when he can't hit water in the ocean.

Why are we wasting time discussing if Houston deserved a 2 seed. Yes they definitely did and the fact that they are in the Elite 8 is a confirmation of that. They have toughness and are relentless on defense, rebounding, and outexecuting their opponents.

Houston is a team that is athletic and tough, Grimer, Sasser, and Jarreau is a hell of a guard trio. They have better guards than we do and most teams in America. Grimes was a 5 star talent out of high school. Very good player.

I would take Sasser on our team over Cole/Gaff/etc any day of the week. He was the 399 composite ranking player out of high school. Outplaying that by a mile.

PS: Good for Kelvin Sampson. I'll be rooting for them to make the Final Four. Sampson does it the right way.

Reaction Score
Be honest, don't you miss two games a year with a possibility of a tourney game. Some epic battles over the years.
Nothing i said had anything to do with how i feel about their program. Of course i wish we still played them twice a year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ive been saying all season to watch out for Houston but that was usually met with the AAC crap and their schedule.....
They are extremely athletic, strong, fast and can shoot the ball - something UConn fails to recruit - that combo
It was always the man vs boys when UConn played Houston
Even when they are injured the Houston kids will bang
Samson is a really good coach - a bit bombastic and has a shady past but great Xs and Os man
I still dont see anyone beating Gonzaga

Reaction Score
Only wish, we were as screwed and playing in the sweet 16 !
The money keeps flowing to them as long as they are still in the tourney. Money I might point out that we could dearly use these days.
The Syracurse is a team apparently peaking at the right time, gotta give them that, be it with a grudge !
Yeah, two guys who can really shoot is a complete fire.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, what is boeheim doing up there that he knew he'd have all these defections. I always thought kids in the northeast would much rather play in a northeast Big East conference than a southern conference. Gives your family and friends much more opportunity to see you play. SU isn't leaving the ACC but they really effed up their basketball program.

Amazing that this thread predicted Kadary would bail and a tourney invite couldn't save it from happening.

I agree with everything you've said except Kadary Richmond looks like a keeper.

With Boeheim/Girard at a combined 33.9 fg% and 33.3 3p%, an unbiased coach would have Buddy off the bench and start Richmond along with Girard.

There’s no way he stays for another year of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom