Switch back and forth betw Clemson and Uconn | The Boneyard

Switch back and forth betw Clemson and Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check out the difference. I know the game is at Buffalo, etc., but just compare the difference. Look what's happened to the MAC. It used to be a fairly OK conference.

Reaction Score
Then check out Alabama Arkansas. We have a ways to go. Makes me more convinced than ever that our (Uconn's) survival depends on whether the BE can be collapsed with the likes of Uconn, RU, and WVU in it. If the league can survive with us in it, then we have to be removed (promoted) to another conference.

Reaction Score
This is one ugly game. The offense is terrible. And Buffalo doesn't look good. Maybe Jeff hathaway knew he was about to get fired and hiring Pasquoloni was his revenge.

Reaction Score
This is one ugly game. The offense is terrible. And Buffalo doesn't look good. Maybe Jeff hathaway knew he was about to get fired and hiring Pasquoloni was his revenge.
But if he wins, he's the winningest coach in BE history.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Check out the difference. I know the game is at Buffalo, etc., but just compare the difference. Look what's happened to the MAC. It used to be a fairly OK conference.
Temple looked pretty good today. They took a dump on Maryland.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Whole thread is a FAIL. MAC used to be worse than it is now. It would go multiple years without a win over a major conference opponent.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I doubt that any MAC school ever had reasonable attendance (about five years ago the average home attendance for the entirety of the MAC over the prior three year period was something like 22k) and while they have had some very good players scattered throughout the conference, there have seldom been good teams there.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I enjoyed that game. I'm thinking it isn't a UConn thing to struggle with Temple, it's an Edsall thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The MAC continues to be pretty bad. They don't look as relatively bad because so many of the Big 10 and Big East teams they play are complete crap.

If you can't recruit the southeast, Texas or California there is no possible way to put together a credible football team.

Reaction Score
Then check out Alabama Arkansas. We have a ways to go. Makes me more convinced than ever that our (Uconn's) survival depends on whether the BE can be collapsed with the likes of Uconn, RU, and WVU in it. If the league can survive with us in it, then we have to be removed (promoted) to another conference.

This should inject some objectivity into this board's belief that UConn is so attractive to the ACC. No. If UConn football is the measure of desirability then I can understand why VT, Miami and Free Shoes U would be against UConn joining the ACC. In terms of quality, UConn brings nothing to the ACC. It's about time people understand that the secret to UConn's football future is first fielding a respectable team that doesn't embarrass itself against Michigan and Oklahoma. This is job one, the rest will take care of itself. In the end the ACC or another BCS conference might take UConn but it will do so holding its nose and it will take longer to occur because football powers like VT and Miami simply don't want to be associated with mediocrity and will lobby hard against the school's admission. Completely understandable. I'll put it this way: I am much more concerned with UConn's conference future because of its lackluster football record than I would be if it had WVU's record. With WVU level quality UConn would quickly be able to park itself in the ACC or Big 10. Right now I am not at all convinced UConn will land in any stable conference. Because of the way the school plays on the field I am afraid UConn will be stuck on the island of misfit toys forever, along with the spotted elephant and Charlie in the Box.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

But sadly, we know how the script ends: Pierce will get injured at some point, they'll lose a game that keeps them out of the MAC CCG and they'll be snubbed at bowl-selection time.

They'd better wrap their HB in bubble-wrap against Toledo. I'm just sayin'...

Reaction Score

I don't understand the point of the post. Given that over the last few years we've beaten South Carolinia, Notre Dame and WVU, what is the point?

Reaction Score
I was comparing game experience, i.e., crowd size, crowd noise, energy level, synergystics. Sorry for not explaining better. But all that stuff is both a cause and effect of program perception, I was just remarking on the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom