Sweet Caroline! Doty joins Marisa's Staff at Wisconsin! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sweet Caroline! Doty joins Marisa's Staff at Wisconsin!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's a 3 time National Champion!!!
Yup!
1618006162825.png

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Wonderful news. One of my favorite Huskies of all time, always thought she she was going to be a coach someday. I was actually surprised when she took the corporate route instead after her playing days were over.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Return of the Honey Badger (a Doty comparison once made by Geno).

1*uJ8XgtC7AmiCGaAMCjHH3g.png

A natural fit!! Honey Badger becomes a Badger.

I recall a prep school game in which Caroline's face came in sudden contact with the floor. She either broke a tooth or knocked it out. She continued to play and went to the dentist after the game.

Caroline was a Badass well before Kibitzer started the Badass Award.

CD2 and TipHayes were one of the early sets of twins, to be followed by Kia and Gabby, Lou and Phee, and Paige and Nika.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I read a story how one of Dotys soccer teammates was getting picked on bad by a player on the oposing team and she punched her in the mouth. Stood up for her teammate.
My kind of girl, Ms Caroline.

Reaction Score
Hey Caroline, glad to see you back active in basketball. A great person with great energy for basketball. Loved when seeing you playing for UConn. The knowledge & experience is their. Good luck in connecting with the Wisconsin players !

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very fun podcast with Caroline. Alot of stuff I had no idea about

On episode No.44 of The unTITLED Podcast, Shannon is joined by Caroline Doty. Caroline won three National Championships while playing under legendary coach Geno Auriemma at The University of Connecticut. She then moved out to Portland, Oregon to work for NIKE, where she has been for the last eight years until recently being announced as the latest hire on former UConn assistant Marisa Moseley's staff at the University of Wisconsin. They start their conversation with Caroline talking about her final project at NIKE: the WNBA jerseys that recently dropped to immense praise, and her recent trip to the Women's Final Four (1:45); We then talk about the coaching experience she has acquired since leaving Storrs and how she came to be the latest member of Marisa Moseley's staff; from her initial move out to Oregon without a job, to finding her circle, to working with kids and the reflection that living through the COVID-19 pandemic offered her over the past year (9:44); Caroline then shares how battling back through three ACL tears opened up a new world for her seeing the game from strictly the sideline for the first time (19:18); And reflects on what a unique period she was at UConn, with her career intersecting two of the greatest players in program history and Women's Basketball: Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart (29:51); We then hit on a few topics, including what excites her about working with Marisa Mosely, her thoughts on her fellow UConn #5 Paige Bueckers, she offers advice in our "For The Girls" segment, and defines "Womanhood In 3 Words" (38:04); Before telling the story of the matching tattoo she has with Stephanie Dolson, her go-to cheesesteak place in her hometown of Philly, the madness at the Portland Thorns home opener that she got to see in person and some final thoughts on NIKE's approach to the new WNBA jerseys (47:04); We close out the podcast with the 44th edition of "Player Voicemail" (59:32).

Reaction Score
Very fun podcast with Caroline. Alot of stuff I had no idea about

On episode No.44 of The unTITLED Podcast, Shannon is joined by Caroline Doty. Caroline won three National Championships while playing under legendary coach Geno Auriemma at The University of Connecticut. She then moved out to Portland, Oregon to work for NIKE, where she has been for the last eight years until recently being announced as the latest hire on former UConn assistant Marisa Moseley's staff at the University of Wisconsin. They start their conversation with Caroline talking about her final project at NIKE: the WNBA jerseys that recently dropped to immense praise, and her recent trip to the Women's Final Four (1:45); We then talk about the coaching experience she has acquired since leaving Storrs and how she came to be the latest member of Marisa Moseley's staff; from her initial move out to Oregon without a job, to finding her circle, to working with kids and the reflection that living through the COVID-19 pandemic offered her over the past year (9:44); Caroline then shares how battling back through three ACL tears opened up a new world for her seeing the game from strictly the sideline for the first time (19:18); And reflects on what a unique period she was at UConn, with her career intersecting two of the greatest players in program history and Women's Basketball: Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart (29:51); We then hit on a few topics, including what excites her about working with Marisa Mosely, her thoughts on her fellow UConn #5 Paige Bueckers, she offers advice in our "For The Girls" segment, and defines "Womanhood In 3 Words" (38:04); Before telling the story of the matching tattoo she has with Stephanie Dolson, her go-to cheesesteak place in her hometown of Philly, the madness at the Portland Thorns home opener that she got to see in person and some final thoughts on NIKE's approach to the new WNBA jerseys (47:04); We close out the podcast with the 44th edition of "Player Voicemail" (59:32).

Great example of perseverance, both in her playing career and in her job hunting :). Also, it shows the power of networking. Someone once told me "It is not what you know but who you know".

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Baby steps

Lily Krahn won't have to deal with what can be an exhausting process while leading the Prairie du Chien High School girls basketball team as a senior.

That's because the 5-foot-10 guard who has been a go-to player for the Blackhawks since she was a freshman decided Wednesday to commit to new coach Marisa Moseley and the University of Wisconsin.

Krahn, whose team was 17-3 and had its season ended by eventual WIAA Division 3 state champion Lake Mills on a last-second in a sectional semifinal, chose the Badgers over offers from Oklahoma State, Kansas State and more.

"I knew once I got that offer that I was going to have a pretty tough decision to make," the junior said. "It just clicked when we talked to (Moseley), and it feels amazing."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom