Surprising Opponent | The Boneyard

Surprising Opponent

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Many of us have preconceptions of players on other teams that may have changed after seeing them actually play in a game, especially if their opponent was UConn. Many players we don't get to see during a regular season, especially any team in the PAC12. The networks usually just show the usual suspects such as UConn, SC, Baylor, etc. So, my question is, what player did you see play last year in which your opinion of their ability change, and it doesn't always be to the better. For me, it was Cameron Brink. Seeing only highlights of her during the season, my opinion was of a lanky, tall girl with some ability that had a lot to improve on. After seeing her against us, I was very impressed with her footwork, her determination, and her skills around the basket. She didn't have a great game with us, but she did show me that her versatility was very evident, even taking 3 pt shots. Although others also impressed me last year, she stood out to me as a player that I highly underestimated. What about you guys, I can't wait to see the variety of players that will be mentioned. We on this Board are WBB fans, and we always appreciate the great performances of great players, not just our own.

Reaction Score
Brink has to be one of them. In her freshman year, she seemed rough and foul prone. She’s still foul prone, but as you say, her creativity in offense is much better than I expected.

But Grace Berger is who really surprised me. I knew she was good in offense. After Her game against us, i looked for highlights of other games and she is impressive.

Also, Charisma Osborne. She was much better than I expected when she nearly beat us single-handedly in the 4th quarter last season.

Reaction Score
Stanford, Indiana, UCLA.

Sorry, I assumed Husky fans would have last season's games in memory. These were all opponents.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Stanford, Indiana, UCLA.

Sorry, I assumed Husky fans would have last season's games in memory. These were all opponents.
I think that there must be some places that the internet does not reach. So often I see people online who must not be able to "google it". Luckily, there are kind and patient posters such as yourself to help them.

Reaction Score
I think that there must be some places that the internet does not reach. So often I see people online who must not be able to "google it". Luckily, there are kind and patient posters such as yourself to help them.
Some of us are just freaking lazy (like yours truly). Right Nan? :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stanford, Indiana, UCLA.

Bone Dog, we have visitors everyday here who ARE NOT UConn fans. They are drawn to the Boneyard like a moth to a flame because of our reputation. The depth of knowledge of players/coaches in WCBB vary with each visitor. Whenever I post a comment, I keep that fact in mind. If someone takes the time to read my comments, I don’t want to lose them with abbriviations or assumptions.

Carnac

Reaction Score
@Carnac I didn’t abbreviate the names, and I already named their schools. Perhaps you meant to reply to @Bama fan
Bone dog, I did not say or suggest you did use abbrivations. I said I don’t. I was mearly offering a suggestion, no attack. In your original post you did not. You followed it up by naming the schools.

Reaction Score
Bone Dog, we have visitors everyday here who ARE NOT UConn fans. They are drawn to the Boneyard like a moth to a flame because of our reputation. The depth of knowledge of players/coaches in WCBB vary with each visitor. Whenever I post a comment, I keep that fact in mind. If someone takes the time to read my comments, I don’t want to lose them with abbriviations or assumptions.
Moths to a Flame? Sounds like a Soap opera, but fitting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Olivia Miles from Notre Dame.
Very cagey, has a nice glide to her step.
Also, has a good eye for the edge and knows when to take it.
Love watching her play.
I am also a fan of Olivia Miles and her running mate Citron but I took the OP descriptor "Surprising" to be unexpected.

Reaction Score
Many of us have preconceptions of players on other teams that may have changed after seeing them actually play in a game, especially if their opponent was UConn. Many players we don't get to see during a regular season, especially any team in the PAC12. The networks usually just show the usual suspects such as UConn, SC, Baylor, etc. So, my question is, what player did you see play last year in which your opinion of their ability change, and it doesn't always be to the better. For me, it was Cameron Brink. Seeing only highlights of her during the season, my opinion was of a lanky, tall girl with some ability that had a lot to improve on. After seeing her against us, I was very impressed with her footwork, her determination, and her skills around the basket. She didn't have a great game with us, but she did show me that her versatility was very evident, even taking 3 pt shots. Although others also impressed me last year, she stood out to me as a player that I highly underestimated. What about you guys, I can't wait to see the variety of players that will be mentioned. We on this Board are WBB fans, and we always appreciate the great performances of great players, not just our own.
It was re-enforced to me what an exceptional talent Haley Jones is. It should be no surprise ( she was top rated player in the country out of HS ), but she can do anything and everything, whenever Stanford needs it. A top talent. As good as anyone.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Olivia Miles from Notre Dame.
Very cagey, has a nice glide to her step.
Also, has a good eye for the edge and knows when to take it.
Love watching her play.
I too like Miles. She is a very heady player who has a high BB IQ, is an excellent passer and habitually mskes good decisions with the ball. I was a fan of Brianna Turner also. I’m not a Notre Dame fan by any means, but I do and have liked some of their players.

Reaction Score
Olivia Miles looks to me like the sort of player Kiki Rice could become. They have similar physical skills and dimensions and, dare I say it, personalities.

Reaction Score
I too like Miles. She is a very heady player who has a high BB IQ, is an excellent passer and habitually mskes good decisions with the ball. I was a fan of Brianna Turner also. I’m not a Notre Dame fan by any means, but I do and have liked some of their players.
We also can't overlook that great center ( freshman last year ) from DePaul was it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom