OT: - Surprised to see no one posted about the Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Surprised to see no one posted about the Giants

Reaction Score
I have lots of Yankees and UConn shirts and sweats, shot glasses, mugs, bottle openers, stickers, etc. I have just one NY Giants tee shirt commemorating Super Bowl XLV. I wear it the first 2 to 4 Sundays each season . . . then their season is basically over and I can put it away for next year. It's lasted 11 years!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I figure all I need to know about the G-Men is in this headline I saw: Please, I Am Begging You, Stop Putting The Giants In Primetime

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm also surprised no one has posted about the Giants' amazing and unexpected dominance this season.

They are going to win more than 100 games and they were only projected to win 70.

As they say, you don't play the games on paper.

Reaction Score
@navery12
1. bucs
2. boys
3. pack
4. nfc west winner
5. nfc west runner up
6. nfc west third place
7. not the giants

Reaction Score
@navery12
1. bucs
2. boys
3. pack
4. nfc west winner
5. nfc west runner up
6. nfc west third place
7. not the giants
The Cowboys will be mediocre again just as they have been this entire century. Good grief don't people ever learn.

Reaction Score
The Cowboys will be mediocre again just as they have been this entire century. Good grief don't people ever learn.
right, the 2000-2001 cowboys are inextricably linked to the team's performance twenty-one years later... perhaps the most tired trope in sports.

Reaction Score
@navery12
1. bucs
2. boys
3. pack
4. nfc west winner
5. nfc west runner up
6. nfc west third place
7. not the giants
Agreed with everything you have there except Washington instead of the Cowboys, and as the 4 seed. Though I do think the Cowboys end up 2nd in the East

Reaction Score
Agreed with everything you have there except Washington instead of the Cowboys, and as the 4 seed. Though I do think the Cowboys end up 2nd in the East
i had skins until fitzmagic got hurt

Reaction Score
i had skins until fitzmagic got hurt
Only reason I think they still have a shot is the 5 remaining division games are the last 5 weeks of the season which they should have Fitzpatrick and Curtis Samuel for. Of course they still have to have a semi respectable record to have a chance at that point, but I don't buy their defense being this bad

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I'm so beaten down as a Giants fan that I can't even muster the interest to discuss them on here. That being said, I can't even imagine what it's like to be a Jets fan.
I agree. After watching WFT win the other night is almost the end for me. I am a die hard Giant fan, but it is a time that does what ever they can to NOT win a game. Watched Around the Horn. I forget her name but she took the words right out of my mouth. I have never seen a team that shoots them selves in the foot like the Giants. After their last superbowl win with Eli, it seemed to g down hill. Cannot fire a coach because players should know better considering they probably started off in Pop Warner.

Reaction Score
I'm so beaten down as a Giants fan that I can't even muster the interest to discuss them on here. That being said, I can't even imagine what it's like to be a Jets fan.

If you were a Giants fan the other night and they couldn’t get a first down after a huge interception you just knew the outcome. Whether Gano makes his 100th FG in a row or not we’re going to see a loss it’s just the way it is. Even the offsides was wrong but the flag would be thrown. Gettleman needs to go or I may join Hamster in finding some success as a fan. QBs can do whatever they want against our D as this moron has done nothing to get players who can get to the QB, nothing he’s dreadful. So hard to watch!!!!

Reaction Score
If you were a Giants fan the other night and they couldn’t get a first down after a huge interception you just knew the outcome. Whether Gano makes his 100th FG in a row or not we’re going to see a loss it’s just the way it is. Even the offsides was wrong but the flag would be thrown. Gettleman needs to go or I may join Hamster in finding some success as a fan. QBs can do whatever they want against our D as this moron has done nothing to get players who can get to the QB, nothing he’s dreadful. So hard to watch!!!!
We can stop the run. Good thing we still use a nose tackle and a fullback too. Just like the league HASN’T used in almost 20 years. No one runs enough to validate a run stuffing D Line anymore.

Reaction Score
FML as a Giants fan. Gettlemen needs to go and ownership needs towake up and learn how to put an organization together. I have more interest watching Eli and Payton on the deuce than Giants football. End rant.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The Blue has had secondary problems for some years now. A team can throw slant passes all day against the defensive secondary. Where are the linebackers. Doesn't matter, 3rd and 5 or ten, even 3rd and 20!!!! I have seen the gmen give up a first down. Although the first half was a good game. But when Danny ran for six, a penalty. Offensive linemen jump offsides not once but twice in a row!!! I guess Slayton should of caught that pass. Dive for it anyway. The closet guy to Slayton was a guy in line at the snack bar. Looks like a continuation of last year. I screamed and jumped off the couch when they missed that field goal. What? Another penalty. The only saving grace for me this year is Directv gave the NFL package for free.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We can stop the run. Good thing we still use a nose tackle and a fullback too. Just like the league HASN’T used in almost 20 years. No one runs enough to validate a run stuffing D Line anymore.
Tough to run on Gints defensive. However when they are on the field a long time, it starts to wear. But, I agree we can stop the run.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
When are they going to stop running Barkley up the middle. Forgot his name calling the plays. From Dallas. Getting older forgetting things. Anyway, his plat calling is suspect. Barkley didn't do a thing all game. One part of the game, Giants in a 3rd long. Connects on a pass first down. Next play, Barkley slammed for a 5 yard loss. Next play illegal motion. Back again. I could of swore one set of downs where a lineman jumped the gun. Next play same lineman again!!!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i like daniel a lot, and since day one of draft day. almost got booed off the stage here for that opinion. sweeet. obviously, 2 td's should have been on our point score, and 3 less for warshington. oh well, stuff happens. check back on this in a month, or two. mr barkley doesn't look ship shape, tho. whatever. i like daniel a lot. golladay looks like fun, too.
between the preseason team fistfight, and kenny and daniel barking at each other, the team is feisty. cool.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
4 games in, danny boy has one legit int.
the lawfirm of jones, barkley, and golladay are now open for business.
please file ur complaints with the secretary. the truth is that they could easily be 3-1. oh well, stuff happens, including learning how to cross the finish line. today, they did.
i feel like ice cream. u feel like ice cream? whaddaya say we get some ice cream..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom