Support for CW | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Support for CW

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
well I did pick up an important tip. Next time I'm the new guy in a foursome, I'm not going to order Michelob light after the round!
You'd be better off buying everyone lottery tickets.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
christyn has had this 'funk' problem -- more like extreme inconsistency -- for 2+ years now. she knows it. the coaches know it. they all know she has had streaks of brilliance, and then times of what he hell? it is frustrating to everyone.

christyn and the coaches for sure have been trying to find the fix, and haven't succeeded -- not for lack of trying or desire, ya know.

it's likely she'll 'pull out of it' this time as she has in the past, but that's not a permanent fix -- and that's what christyn needs. and i doubt that at this point she can figure it out by herself, or that the coaching staff will figure it out. they're great, but not infallible.

she'll need some outside help or there'll be no change. some people don't conquer. and it doesn't depend of her -- she's trying. she needs an assist.

Reaction Score
Has anybody heard if this a pattern for games and practices? She shows confidence when she is ball handling and penetrating. She shows zero confidence in any shooting outside of layups. Every shooter has slumps, but when you see that they are consistently wide right or left, plus long or short, I’m not sure what’s the solution.
Its important to know how she shoots in practice and warmups. If I had to guess, I would say that she shoots well in practice and ok in warmups, but when the game starts she is starting to feel the pressure of being a former #1 player who is feeling passed by. Uconn is a much better team when she is playing well and they will need her to make the FF.
I worry about putting too much on Paige. I remember the tale of Mark Macon (Temple 1988) freshman all American. He led to Temple to #1 in the polls and was having a great season. They met Duke in the elite 8 and got smoked. Macon shot @3-20 and by the end of the game was in tears. He was never the same player. He spent a couple of years in the NBA and I believe he is now coaching at Temple.
Paige was born for pressure. She thrives on it. Paige is a thoroughbred. Macon had a bad game against a tremendous Duke team that I believe they beat earlier in the year. I think he was good his entire career. He was a superb defender. Also, wasn’t he a high first round pick?

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Geno wants Paige to shoot more; and, she has been these last three or four games.

That has created a problem for the other three guards, Evina, Nika and Christyn, to a lesser extent for Aubrey, and it will extend to Anna when she comes back.

Inadvertently they've gone away from "take the open shot" mentality to get more shots for Paige.

When they miss a shot, they have to be wondering if Paige shouldn't have taken that shot; and, what is Geno thinking. And so they hesitate; then, either pass it off or take a hurried shot as their defended has closed space.

At the minute what works best for them is to try to get to the rim where there are blameless options - you know make the basket, get fouled or dish. Last game, where was the room to do that with a high low post going on. Result: last game Christyn had zero points; previous game it was Evina.

It's NOT a major problem and will be resolved over the next few games.

Reaction Score
Paige was born for pressure. She thrives on it. Paige is a thoroughbred. Macon had a bad game against a tremendous Duke team that I believe they beat earlier in the year. I think he was good his entire career. He was a superb defender. Also, wasn’t he a high first round pick?

I thought Macon was great vs Duke?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i've always liked cw for one main reason - her will. she always shot a line drive knuckleball, but you could count on her 'slasher' offensive mindset.
now, it seems to me that she has lost her will. why? idk. i reasonably expect her to take stock of reality, make peace with it as career move (ie, get to the next level), and rediscover her resolve in order to make that happen.

Reaction Score
I mean..she better put up some numbers against the worst team in the Big East. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ Riddle me when she does this in a big game

Reaction Score
I mean..she better put up some numbers against the worst team in the Big East. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ Riddle me when she does this in a big game

So it would have been okay if UCONN lost to Tenn because Tenn isn't a big game? Its okay for UCONN to lose these type of games?

Reaction Score
Nope, Billy King pretty much shut Macon down.

I was at the game at the Meadowlands and Macon got off good shot after good shot against Duke all day. He was off, shot terribly, but by the eye test Billy King had little to nothing to do with it. In fact, Macon took around thirty shots and never came out of the game but just kept missing.

Reaction Score
Isn't that what your statement just did?

And it's what you did. If you can do it, can't I? We can all make things up, right? They don't have to be true. Just make things up.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame her freshman year, when she was the 5th option on offense.

Reaction Score
And it's what you did. If you can do it, can't I? We can all make things up, right? They don't have to be true. Just make things up.
You are projecting your own personality onto others

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom