Sunday (12/5) vs Notre Dame | The Boneyard

Sunday (12/5) vs Notre Dame

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This game is on FS1, so I'll be sitting on the couch eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee and hope that they show the Olympians during the halftime show. Then when all is said and done that in the end UConn walks all over the Irish by winning by at least 30 points.

Reaction Score
I’m wondering when Megan Walker will be added to the wall. She was a first team all-American; leaving early should not exclude her from that honor.

Reaction Score
Notre dame gonna what next sunday?
uconn-huskies-guard-paige-bueckers-reacts-to-a-call-during-the-womens-picture-id1231464140

Reaction Score
Olivia Miles is the real deal. Westbeld and Dodson are good but undersized bigs. Citron has her ups and downs but gets plenty of playing time. Don’t be surprised if this isn’t a blowout

I expect a Notre Dame team using advanced flopping techniques and a Mabrey fully skilled in putting her hands in the faces of UConn players at every opportunity.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Olivia Miles is the real deal. Westbeld and Dodson are good but undersized bigs. Citron has her ups and downs but gets plenty of playing time. Don’t be surprised if this isn’t a blowout
I am done predicting 30 pt blowouts. This team needs time to get its act together defensively and ND is as hard as it gets to defend imo.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This game is on FS1, so I'll be sitting on the couch eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee and hope that they show the Olympians during the halftime show. Then when all is said and done that in the end UConn walks all over the Irish by winning by at least 30 points.
I'm guessing that because some Fox* announcing teams spend more time not discussing the play on the court and more time just babbling, there's a good chance that they will show them. But not as part of their halftime show.

* for future reference, enter any other network but SNY.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I expect some interesting Paige / Azzi interactions with our Olympians.

Reaction Score
ND is not a cupcake; a 30 pt. win is not in the cards.

Reaction Score
There are too many unknowns in this game for me. I believe the guard play for ND will be a lot better than last season. They have competitive forwards/bigs who can stretch the floor. They also seem more in sync with each other as a team compared to last season.

The teams have interesting match ups at all positions. Guards is a flip of the coin to me. I think the performance of both teams' front court will be the factor.

My Canadian bias aside because of Aaliyah, I'm rooting for UConn here. However, I won't be surprised if Notre Dame makes this a tougher game than expected.

Reaction Score
"Guards are a coin flip" ?
Mabrey and Miles are equal to Williams and Bueckers ??
Miles is 1 of 13 from 3 pt range this season. She drives well but is averaging 4 turnovers a game.
Paige is scoring almost as much, by herself (And at a much higher field goal percentage) as Mabrey and Miles put together.
There's no way the guards are a toss up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Guards are a coin flip" ?
Mabrey and Miles are equal to Williams and Bueckers ??
Miles is 1 of 13 from 3 pt range this season. She drives well but is averaging 4 turnovers a game.
Paige is scoring almost as much, by herself (And at a much higher field goal percentage) as Mabrey and Miles put together.
There's no way the guards are a toss up.
Coin flip may mean equal to you. I see this going either way depending on how the game actually plays out.

Yes Paige and Crystal have a scoring advantage but the game isn't only scoring. Miles and Mabrey can be very pesky on the defensive side from what I've seen. If they're able to frustrate and throw the UConn guards off their game, it's a different story. Add in Citron from the bench and they have an interesting mix.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Coin flip may mean equal to you. I see this going either way depending on how the game actually plays out.

Yes Paige and Crystal have a scoring advantage but the game isn't only scoring. Miles and Mabrey can be very pesky on the defensive side from what I've seen. If they're able to frustrate and throw the UConn guards off their game, it's a different story. Add in Citron from the bench and they have an interesting mix.
Poor Christyn not getting any love. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom