Sue Bird's Final Olympics | The Boneyard

Sue Bird's Final Olympics

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
"One of" the most decorated. They left out World Championships during Olympic off-years.

If you add individual awards that tend to correlate with championships (MOP, MVP, maybe NPOY, etc.), I would argue Sue is the most decorated player in US basketball history, irrespective of gender.Taurasi is a close behind, then Tamika Catchings. On the men's side, I would go with Bill Russell: Two collegiate championships, probably two MOPs (if given out), a gold medal, nine NBA rings, and however many MVPs he earned. Jordan had one NCAA championship, one gold medal, six NBA rings, and multiple MVPs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"One of" the most decorated. They left out World Championships during Olympic off-years.

If you add individual awards that tend to correlate with championships (MOP, MVP, maybe NPOY, etc.), I would argue Sue is the most decorated player in US basketball history, irrespective of gender.Taurasi is a close behind, then Tamika Catchings. On the men's side, I would go with Bill Russell: Two collegiate championships, probably two MOPs (if given out), a gold medal, nine NBA rings, and however many MVPs he earned. Jordan had one NCAA championship, one gold medal, six NBA rings, and multiple MVPs.
I have read that Sue is the most decorated player in USA Basketball/FIBA history. I believe that Stewie is on a pace to match or pass Sue, but she's 14 years behind.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm sure it will be bittersweet for Sue. So many accomplishments. Far and away the greatest PG in the history of women's basketball, and it's not even close. I know she won't ever REALLY be considered for the Mt Rushmore of UCONN (even tho I think it could be argued that she belongs there), her legacy has become legendary.

I'm sure she will be excited for the next chapter in her life. Can't wait to see what she does next.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have read that Sue is the most decorated player in USA Basketball/FIBA history. I believe that Stewie is on a pace to match or pass Sue, but she's 14 years behind.
Yeah. What a slacker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom