OT: - Succession | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Succession

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They all looked like a bunch of incompetent rubes.

And the writers weren’t even subtle about it. “I’m the eldest boy!”

Roman was pretty much defeated and demoralized. His new father figure Mencken betrayed him. Shiv is broken. She couldn’t see around a corner if her life depended on it.

Kendall is an incompetent and undisciplined narcissist.

He’s like a basketball player that can make all the shots but never knows how or why to use them.

The whole scene was shocking and ugly.

I agree with all of that.

Matson basically was a younger Logan, and was 10 steps ahead of all the kids the whole time.

@auror I am willing to give you Roman having some self-awareness. He did back off the Central Asian deal at the end of Season 2 even as Laird tried to bully him into pursuing it. Roman knew it wasn't real, so I kind of get him knowing Kendall wasn't real, and voting for him anyway, and then immediately regretting his vote. That is a pretty Roman ending for that character.

I will narrow my criticism of the ending to just how they handled Shiv's character. She was a immoral moron from the beginning of the Series. She was a dilettante that thought she was a puppet master manipulating others but was just getting away with it because her family was powerful. She was never a step ahead of anyone. This character would NEVER have had the self-awareness or intelligence to stop the Roy family attempt to keep control of the company in the Board meeting. I feel like the writers kind of copped out by inexplicably empowering Shiv even though it didn't make sense for that character to do that.

Stewy should have been the last vote, and vote for the deal because Matson made him a better offer. It would have been the most humilating, soul crushing outcome for the kids possible, with the person Kendall brought into the company driving the final stake in the heart of Kendall's attempt to keep it. It would have been the right ending for Stewy, and also for the kids for trusting Stewy.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of that.

Matson basically was a younger Logan, and was 10 steps ahead of all the kids the whole time.

@auror I am willing to give you Roman having some self-awareness. He did back off the Central Asian deal at the end of Season 2 even as Laird tried to bully him into pursuing it. Roman knew it wasn't real, so I kind of get him knowing Kendall wasn't real, and voting for him anyway, and then immediately regretting his vote. That is a pretty Roman ending for that character.

I will narrow my criticism of the ending to just how they handled Shiv's character. She was a immoral moron from the beginning of the Series. She was a dilettante that thought she was a puppet master manipulating others but was just getting away with it because her family was powerful. She was never a step ahead of anyone. This character would NEVER have had the self-awareness or intelligence to stop the Roy family attempt to keep control of the company in the Board meeting. I feel like the writers kind of copped out by inexplicably empowering Shiv even though it didn't make sense for that character to do that.

Stewy should have been the last vote, and vote for the deal because Matson made him a better offer. It would have been the most humilating, soul crushing outcome for the kids possible, with the person Kendall brought into the company driving the final stake in the heart of Kendall's attempt to keep it. It would have been the right ending for Stewy, and also for the kids for trusting Stewy.

I think they the siblings were trying to do the fake it till they make it thing.

Even though they weren’t serious people. Kendall could have won if Shiv’s competitiveness and disgust at seeing Kendall win hadn’t took over.

Their pettiness and pointless rivalry was part of what made them so volatile.

Reaction Score
that would have been a great ending.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It is a satire, you need to toggle to hate watching if/when any actual desire for productivity, ethics or responsibility enter your brain.
I watch alone so don't ever laugh out loud, but there are dozens of gem lines every episode and I have been laughing about "Let's go visit Hans Christian Anderfvk" for the last 36hrs.
'Highly rated, but I don't get why. I'm only on season 1, episode 3. But so far it's a bunch of poorly cast disfunctional dopes trying to be the boss.
Just finished S3, and honestly at S1 E3 I didn't think I'd stick with it. I couldn't see how anyone would value Greg Egg, who was a moron, or Roman, a walking HR timebomb, as executive material. But it got better, and then it got really good.

My favorite line was from Tom talking to Greg about the Duchess, "You better make a move. If Roman marries her, he'll invade France."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom