OT: - Succession | The Boneyard

OT: Succession

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Dope show, awesome season finale.

All foreshadowed here:

E_27WQsUUAA3fcR

(Edit: Apparently there were other posters that looked different, but that's still funny)

Reaction Score
Its moved into my top 5 all time already. Best writing ever!

Reaction Score
Incredible show. Never looked closely at that poster, awesome.

Reaction Score

All foreshadowed here:

E_27WQsUUAA3fcR

(Edit: Apparently there were other posters that looked different, but that's still funny)
Still have the final 2 episodes to go. Connor, Tom, and Greg need to breakaway and start their own deal. Those guys are awesome.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have a few minor quibbles with the Season 3 plot, but overall, I love the show.

My biggest quibble is that there is not enough Stewy. He is the best secondary character in the show, and deserves more air time.

Reaction Score
yeah, incredible season. the last three episode stretch has to be one of the best in all of television.

this was one of my favorite moments of the season, and also a serious bit of foreshadowing:

56123d0ub8581.jpg

Reaction Score
Do we need to read up on what's gone on with Murdoch's kids since he sold to Disney to figure out next season?
SPOILER ALERT
My guess is they send Logan deep into the racist presidential candidate - Roman follows
Shiv - no clue what she does next, but got what she deserved from Tom
Kendall - similar no clue, every card he had or has played is worthless - really thought he was dead
Connor - His best scene since he vowed to stand up to his Dad for the wrecked Porsche. I'd imagine I'm with everyone waiting for the 'I"m the older brother and I was stepped over' and "I'm Smaht, its not like every body says, like dumd, I'm smaht and I want respect" John Cazale forever is the GOAT of disregarded older brothers, but Alan Ruck great bid for 2nd place after last night.

Reaction Score
big time Con-Head here! polling at 1%!

my favorite show on tv right now. incredibly well written and acted. this past season has been awesome and finale was great (red wedding esque).

i’m surprised how few other people i know are watching it…

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Still have the final 2 episodes to go. Connor, Tom, and Greg need to breakaway and start their own deal. Those guys are awesome.
Stay off this thread and social media until you finish!

Reaction Score
I have a few minor quibbles with the Season 3 plot, but overall, I love the show.

My biggest quibble is that there is not enough Stewy. He is the best secondary character in the show, and deserves more air time.
He's too busy dealing with the belligerent zucchini, the world's angriest f... vegetable.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think Tom loves Shiv and was always attracted to her as much by who she represents as by what their relationship might do for his career. In other words, I don't think he's a pure climber who was always destined to betray his spouse. Rather, I think there were a few inflection points over the last couple of seasons (but mostly this season) that brought him to do what he did.

1. The cheating
2. Her lack of compassion when it seemed likely he was going to jail
3. The seemingly genuinely appreciative response he got from Logan following his pledge of loyalty and offer to serve as a sacrificial lamb
4. The recognition, articulated in the parking lot after his meeting with Kendall, that Logan always wins
5. The realization that Shive doesn't love him, as least not in the same way that he loves her
6. And finally, their last phone call; specifically, her inability to guarantee him an important role in the new company -- it was the perfect expression of how weak and unimportant she's always regarded him

(1) being the least important standing alone, but perhaps contributing to his acceptance of (5).

You have to wonder whether (4) would have been enough to overcome (6) had that call gone differently. I suspect had Shiv treated him with respect, he wouldn't have betrayed her -- at least it would have been a close call for him. In the end, it probably wasn't.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
big time Con-Head here! polling at 1%!

my favorite show on tv right now. incredibly well written and acted. this past season has been awesome and finale was great (red wedding esque).

i’m surprised how few other people i know are watching it…

It's apparently for coastal elites.

I just started watching Yellowstone, which is much more popular in flyover country. So far it's not bad (I'm through 3 or 4 episodes), and I heard it gets really good.

Reaction Score
6. And finally, their last phone call; specifically, her inability to guarantee him an important role in the new company -- it was the perfect expression of how weak and unimportant she's always regarded him
Bingo. This was the last straw. Logan promised him something high enough that he could promise Greg to have 20 Gregs under him, and Shiv just basically ignored him when he asked and instead asked him to do something for her.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Bingo. This was the last straw. Logan promised him something high enough that he could promise Greg to have 20 Gregs under him, and Shiv just basically ignored him when he asked and instead asked him to do something for her.

Ah, I hadn't considered the timing of the convo with Greg. I guess I thought that was before Tom talked to Logan but I guess it's more plausible he recruits Greg once he's already set everything in motion. I'll have to watch it again.

Reaction Score
Ah, I hadn't considered the timing of the convo with Greg. I guess I thought that was before Tom talked to Logan but I guess it's more plausible he recruits Greg once he's already set everything in motion. I'll have to watch it again.
Yeah I think the timing can work either way. Either he was just planning and got Greg on board ahead of time and then just happened to be a quick opportunity, or yeah the talk with Greg happened after he spilled to Logan. Either way he knew Shiv offered him nothing and ignored him before he talked to Logan.

Reaction Score
I think Tom loves Shiv and was always attracted to her as much by who she represents as by what their relationship might do for his career. In other words, I don't think he's a pure climber who was always destined to betray his spouse. Rather, I think there were a few inflection points over the last couple of seasons (but mostly this season) that brought him to do what he did.

1. The cheating
2. Her lack of compassion when it seemed likely he was going to jail
3. The seemingly genuinely appreciative response he got from Logan following his pledge of loyalty and offer to serve as a sacrificial lamb
4. The recognition, articulated in the parking lot after his meeting with Kendall, that Logan always wins
5. The realization that Shive doesn't love him, as least not in the same way that he loves her

(1) being the least important standing alone, but perhaps contributing to his acceptance of (5).

You have to wonder whether (4) would have been enough to overcome (6) had that call gone differently. I suspect had Shiv treated him with respect, he wouldn't have betrayed her -- at least it would have been a close call for him. In the end, it probably wasn't.
There was no doubt Tom was up to something all season, I just missed it almost entirely as he seemed to be just a talking, climbing empty suit, plus a sometimes dick punching down to Greg whenever he feels bad or just for the fun of it (not that Greg deserves better but still). So I assumed he was shopping for a deal with the Feds (didn't believe wire conspiracy theorists but a maybe), the fact that he even took a Denny's meeting with Kendall showed us he was open to ANYTHING.
Agree it wasn't even close to a close call, next season starts with them either separated or divorced and I'm cashing in my bet on the under for baby popsicles.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There was no doubt Tom was up to something all season, I just missed it almost entirely as he seemed to be just a talking, climbing empty suit, plus a sometimes dick punching down to Greg whenever he feels bad or just for the fun of it (not that Greg deserves better but still). So I assumed he was shopping for a deal with the Feds (didn't believe wire conspiracy theorists but a maybe), the fact that he even took a Denny's meeting with Kendall showed us he was open to ANYTHING.
Agree it wasn't even close to a close call, next season starts with them either separated or divorced and I'm cashing in my bet on the under for baby popsicles.

OTOH, the sex will probably be better

temery

What?
Reaction Score

All foreshadowed here:

E_27WQsUUAA3fcR

'Highly rated, but I don't get why. I'm only on season 1, episode 3. But so far it's a bunch of poorly cast disfunctional dopes trying to be the boss.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'Highly rated, but I don't get why. I'm only on season 1, episode 3. But so far it's a bunch of poorly cast disfunctional dopes trying to be the boss.
The first 3 episodes are universally agreed upon as the worst in the series (only ones with IMDB ratings in the 7s). The writers were still figuring out the characters and the plot hadn't really kicked in yet, but they lay some important groundwork so can't be skipped. Logan is a necessary foil that is mostly absent in the first 3. The comedy increases as it goes starting in ep 4.

If you're still out after episode 6, then it's probably fine to stop, but personally I'd give til the end of the first season (eps 6-10 are all great).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is a satire, you need to toggle to hate watching if/when any actual desire for productivity, ethics or responsibility enter your brain.
I watch alone so don't ever laugh out loud, but there are dozens of gem lines every episode and I have been laughing about "Let's go visit Hans Christian Anderfvk" for the last 36hrs.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Did anyone read the Jeremy Strong profile in The New Yorker which came out between the last episodes?

A treat in and of itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom