Stuff you didn’t know you needed | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Stuff you didn’t know you needed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since Friday’s game is off, thought I’d see who else has made recent purchases that exceeded expectations or filled an unknown need. In part inspired by my neighbors who used the electric leaf blower I gave them constantly this fall. A used Toro leaf blower that is $75 new. Why the hell didn’t they buy one years ago? Also think this ties in to the Bonfire fire pit discussion.

1. Battery Keeper. Saw the always lovely Lisa Robertson on Local Steals pitching the battery buddy or whatever. Didn’t buy that but the idea was planted, so I bought a soft sided briefcase version on Amazon. Rounded up all our household batteries in drawers, ziplocks, open packaging etc. and stored them all. Including the little disc ones I always lose and rebuy. For $20 it has been great. Asked myself why I didn’t do that years ago.

2. Tiger Tail. This is a hand held massage roller device that competes with The Stick and the usual Chinese knockoffs on Amazon. Suffering from various pains of aging and finding foam rolling difficult and annoying this thing has been great. Really seems to help. It’s made in the USA so worth it to me over the knockoffs. Build quality is excellent. I’m understand the Stick is better for a more gentle usage for runners and is more flexible.

3. Concept 2 Rower. This thing is awesome. Only negative is it takes up space. I’ve used them at the gym, mostly as a warmup, since the early 2000s. Build quality is amazing and the full body workout is just light years beyond what I can get on a treadmill of my old stationary bike (gifted to the same folks who got the leaf blower). I was surprised by just how much it can take out of my legs if I push it (yes the Tiger Tail was partially in response to that). There is a big community of people using these so lots of good information and it’s easy to see just how bad you are compared to others.

Two of the above can be ordered via the Amazon link at the top of the page to help support the Boneyard.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
work on rust spots?

Yes. Uses naturally occurring oxalic acidsto remove rust.off of stainless almost instantly. It comes in powder or liquid. I prefer the powder to mix with water and make a paste.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes. Uses naturally occurring oxalic acidsto remove rust.off of stainless almost instantly. It comes in powder or liquid. I prefer the powder to mix with water and make a paste.

Works great on the gas grill exterior too.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1610770609103.png

Reaction Score
FWIW and if interested.. Came across my news feed info that Amazon is including Lodge cast iron skillets in their Weekend Sales portfolio.. Pretty aggressive pricing from what I could tell..

Would not fill a need for our kitchen.. Already have the size they're promoting. .Thought Yarders would like to know..

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ridgid Shop Vac.
Here's where my wife and I are at going into our respective 65ths. For birthdays we don't bother asking each other what we want. There's simply a list of crap we've been holding off buying for the house so whomever's birthday it is gets the next thing on the list (plus something small to show you still care, lol.)

We've been flooded three times in past two years, so my wife asked that a larger shop vac jump to the top of the list for her next birthday.. We already have two smaller ones.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FWIW and if interested.. Came across my news feed info that Amazon is including Lodge cast iron skillets in their Weekend Sales portfolio.. Pretty aggressive pricing from what I could tell..

Would not fill a need for our kitchen.. Already have the size they're promoting. .Thought Yarders would like to know..

I got one of their flat/ridged griddles for my outdoor grill a few years ago. I had a four burner grill with four grates. I replaced a grate with the griddle and it fits perfect. So now I can real sear some food off before finishing on the flame or if something is done I can move it over there and use it as a warmer. Really works well.

1610797853262.png

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Here's where my wife and I are at going into our respective 65ths. For birthdays we don't bother asking each other what we want. There's simply a list of crap we've been holding off buying for the house so whomever's birthday it is gets the next thing on the list (plus something small to show you still care, lol.)

We've been flooded three times in past two years, so my wife asked that a larger shop vac jump to the top of the list for her next birthday.. We already have two smaller ones.
That's love.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
And if huskeynut drinks 7 bottle of bourbon he'll be more than willing to put on the new, old lady underwear.

Hey Dog - I got news for you. If I drink one full bottle of bourbon I'll be out like a light!!!! And I ain't doing granny's undies!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You reminded me of a story my wife told me about an elderly friend who died. When they cleaned out her dresser she had all sorts of brand new underwear, blouses and other stuff. Same with the closet having unused clothes and shoes.

Since hearing that story (years ago), I purposely try and not keep new or unused stuff too long. Much of what I buy isn't for museums or cataloging anyway.

Just saying, bust it open and enjoy at least one of them, you never know.
So, you're recommending that when I buy clothes I should wear them immediately and enjoy them?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

You're 65? No freakin' way.

Reaction Score
So, you're recommending that when I buy clothes I should wear them immediately and enjoy them?
No I'm recommending don't buy them, if you don't intend on wearing them. This old fart out grew (horizontally) a lot of my new unworn clothes. This hypocrite is still keeping them though, because one day . . . . .

As for enjoying clothes, its funny the enjoyment for me kinda stopped after I got married.

It was so enjoyable for the chase, but now I just shoot for 'clean and match'. I make anything I wear look good though. See:

Weird Clothes GIFs | Tenor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Need to be like the Jeeps I see on the road all the time. Lift kit, snorkel, winch, big off road tires, not a scratch or speck of dust on it.
A true mall crawler! I'm upgrading my lift from a cheap rough country lift to something more serious. Really excited about it, just need to find time to install it. After that I need a spare tire carrier because you know, 35s is the minimum. Then I'll need a front and rear bumper with a winch ofcourse! Then I'll upgrade my rear axle with an arb locker (already got the air compressor and switches set up). Then I'll beef up the front axle with trusses and RCV axle shafts. After all that, I'll be able to focus more on stuff like the audio system.

I need to hit the lotto. Why'd I buy a Wrangler?

Reaction Score
I have to agree with the Japanese toilet. We got one 3 years ago after a trip to Japan. I sat down on a regular one for the first time a while back and squeaked like a little girl because I was used to a heated seat. So spoiled.
On a more reasonable note- I bough 1000ft rolls of both tinfoil and plastic wrap- for some reason they make me very happy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another thing for those approaching or in their middle ages. This used to be prescription only but is now OTC.

Been a godsend for my hands and feet. About a year ago my hands started feeling constantly like I had to crack my knuckles but they would never crack. Also, feet had some tendinitis which I attributed to some older shoes which didn't fit well any more. Others were saying gout but symptoms didn't line up. Of course consult to orthopedics was a constant no go with the 'rona.

Fast forward to 3-4 months ago and started using this almost daily. Hands feel great and no swelling or pain in feet.

1610889936799.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score

What promotion is this? What pan? We do not have any cast iron and I am considering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom