Strange Akok stat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Strange Akok stat

Reaction Score
I have to admit it is very bizarre—-Hurley has followed the same pattern since the providence game —akok comes in in the first half , hits a couple threes ,gets a couple blocks , plays well and then he doesn’t play for pretty much whole second half

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe it's a hot take, but I'm fine with Akoks role. Whaley and Sanogo are just better than him, and he can't do anything on offense other than shoot open 3s. I'm willing to wait until next year to see his expanded role as the starting 4.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's a hot take, but I'm fine with Akoks role. Whaley and Sanogo are just better than him, and he can't do anything on offense other than shoot open 3s. I'm willing to wait until next year to see his expanded role as the starting 4.
I didn't want to be the one to say it, but I agree. He's getting 17 minutes a game and that's perfectly fine with me, hasn't been a time all season I've wanted to see more of him

Reaction Score
I love Akok but he's just not strong enough to bang down low and he can't or wont put the ball on the floor so it leaves him with the occasional 3 or put back. Although he rarely makes a mistake Akok hasn't added anything to his game since his freshman year.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Given how random his role has been game to game I’d bet he has a bunch of weird stats.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I didn't want to be the one to say it, but I agree. He's getting 17 minutes a game and that's perfectly fine with me, hasn't been a time all season I've wanted to see more of him
It’s not even a diss, there’s only so many minutes available in a game. It’s way easier to say I want to see player X get more minutes, than chose which starter you would put on the bench.

Reaction Score
I love Akok but he's just not strong enough to bang down low and he can't or wont put the ball on the floor so it leaves him with the occasional 3 or put back. Although he rarely makes a mistake Akok hasn't added anything to his game since his freshman year.

Probably because he missed his sophomore season due to injury

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
After Syracuse won the recruiting battle for Jalen Carey, Akok was Part 1 of the breaking of Boeheim's spirit. AJax was Part 2.

Kadary Richmond was a consolation prize who didn't stick. Jalen Carey is at URI.

Perhaps Richmond chose Seton Hall and never considered UConn in the Transfer Portal because he felt recruited over even before college, and then dominated in last week's game because he had extra motivation. No matter.

Syracuse would have liked Donovan Clingan on their roster. They offered a scholarship to Samson Johnson, who, like Akok (and Sanogo and Springs) before him and Floyd (and now Karaban) after him either entered UConn early or midyear.

Akok's impact as a Ayer is as a program changernot yetfullt settled, but after recruiting losses of Hamadou Diallo, Precious Achiuwa, and Kofi Cockburn, Akok's successful recruitment may turn out to have been a program changer.
I was on board with the point you were trying to make until you had a stroke while typing that last paragraph and totally lost me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was on board with the point you were trying to make until you had a stroke while typing that last paragraph and totally lost me.
Ah yes, aging phone + fat fingers + short editing time window = 1 hot mess.

In the next paragraph, I will translate (and edit), "Akok's impact as a Ayer is as a program changernot yetfullt settled, but after recruiting losses of Hamadou Diallo, Precious Achiuwa, and Kofi Cockburn, Akok's successful recruitment may turn out to have been a program changer."

Akok's impact as a program-changing player is by no means a settled issue. But, in the aftermath of a period during which the program experienced a series of painful recruiting losses for players who initially leaned UConn (Hamadou Diallo, Precious Achiuwa, and Kofi Cockburn), the successful recruitment of Akok (including initiation of early arrivals) may turn out to have been a program changer of a different type.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is undervalued by his coaches and teammates. He’s not creating his own shot and they don’t look to him. When they do, he’s been solid. I’m not sure what Hurley wants but he’s clearly better than Whaley at the 4 right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom