Strange Akok stat | The Boneyard

Strange Akok stat

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He has a spot or two (mostly corner) that he is comfortable making and most of his shots are wide open. Though shooting 50% is probably not sustainable long term, it is a perfect example of only taking shots you have proven you can make in practice. During the Ollie years, the number of circus prayer shots was maddening. The next evolution is to work to get those shots you know you can make.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On a serious note. He’s a rhythm shooter and athletic marvel. Too much thinking and moving parts at the line.

Reaction Score
Akok / Resse or Akok / AJack need to watch some of the Brimah / Hamilton connection highlights.
Akok can bring much more to the table than 3's and occasional blocks.

Reaction Score
Another unique Akok stat:

Again, comes from not being asked to do too much (and, to his credit, not trying to do more than he can).

That said, there is a question of how much more could he actually be doing beyond spot-up shooting. The reason his minutes are so limited is that he doesn't have much of a complete role on either end.

Reaction Score
Would like to see him in the post more though. I know it's hard when he's on the floor with Sanogo because Adama is a space eater and Whaley becomes a non-entity if he floats outside with his shooting struggles. Am I misremembering or didn't Akok show signs of a hook or baby hook with either hand his freshman year. He wasn't automatic, but it looked like it could become a consistent weapon in the future.
Sometimes poor FT numbers are from not getting there consistently.

Reaction Score
Again, comes from not being asked to do too much (and, to his credit, not trying to do more than he can).

That said, there is a question of how much more could he actually be doing beyond spot-up shooting. The reason his minutes are so limited is that he doesn't have much of a complete role on either end.

I agree with the first part. He does let the game come to him. He doesn't force it.

But he still earns his minutes. He plays decent defense. Rebounds pretty well. Teams are accounting for him on offense so he does help open the floor. He is usually in the right spot.

Reaction Score
Would be great to get him in the post for a feed here and there but don’t think he has the jump hook shot in his arsenal...Also think that he is a little gun shy of driving to the basket-maybe thinking about the injury and possible contact inside.

Also think the reason he does not turn it over is since he just stands out by the 3 point line....and sure teams have picked up on this to defend him for the 3 and know he is not a threat to drive.

Reaction Score
The lack of development of his offensive game in his time here is sad to me. Really love the kid and I thought he was going to be a potential program changer.
I think he just needs to see more minutes. I always thought Akok was going to be a great player as well. With his size and ability to hit the outside shot makes him a matchup nightmare.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The lack of development of his offensive game in his time here is sad to me. Really love the kid and I thought he was going to be a potential program changer.
After Syracuse won the recruiting battle for Jalen Carey, Akok was Part 1 of the breaking of Boeheim's spirit. AJax was Part 2.

Kadary Richmond was a consolation prize who didn't stick. Jalen Carey is at URI.

Perhaps Richmond chose Seton Hall and never considered UConn in the Transfer Portal because he felt recruited over even before college, and then dominated in last week's game because he had extra motivation. No matter.

Syracuse would have liked Donovan Clingan on their roster. They offered a scholarship to Samson Johnson, who, like Akok (and Sanogo and Springs) before him and Floyd (and now Karaban) after him either entered UConn early or midyear.

Akok's impact as a Ayer is as a program changernot yetfullt settled, but after recruiting losses of Hamadou Diallo, Precious Achiuwa, and Kofi Cockburn, Akok's successful recruitment may turn out to have been a program changer.

Reaction Score
He needs to have more of a killer mindset on offense. Take the 3. Make a move. There isn’t anyone thats proven that they’d do better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom