Storrs - area development | The Boneyard

Storrs - area development

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just sharing....UConn/Storrs continues to percolate as any healthy university town should. If you aren't growing you are dying is my POV about pretty much any community.

Reaction Score
That's across the street from Thumper's

1666891272313.png

Reaction Score
Just sharing....UConn/Storrs continues to percolate as any healthy university town should. If you aren't growing you are dying is my POV about pretty much any community.

student housing and retail/office space... retail I get a little, but the office space part I kinda don't get... guess it depends on what the design looks like..

Reaction Score
I have great partial memories of times spent at Thumpers. Nickel night hurt the brain cells.
Nickel night at Thumpers would end at 9:00 and then the TNT Express bus would drive you to Ted's or Huskies!

Reaction Score

The university just announced that work on a new student housing complex on the Mansfield Apartments site has started. Now there are new two university sponsored housing complexes under development at the same time.

Reaction Score
student housing and retail/office space... retail I get a little, but the office space part I kinda don't get... guess it depends on what the design looks like..
Agree, if it's university offices then that's one thing but I doubt there are many companies who would be a good fit having a corporate office at college town.

Reaction Score
One thing that limited development at the Thumpers site was septic issues. The 4 corners area is now hooked up to the UConn sewer treatment plant and can support more development. This also allows the increase in apartment housing proposals in that area.

Reaction Score
Could be shared office suites for folks who work from home but need an office nearby. Or for the students in the apartments getting a jump on starting their businesses.

Reaction Score
The university just announced that work on a new student housing complex on the Mansfield Apartments site has started. Now there are new two university sponsored housing complexes under development at the same time.

Curious - you are always pretty dialed in on campus happenings but why do you think the 1750 Storrs Road project in OP is university sponsored?

Interested to also see what happens w/ the mixed use project that was planned for the 195/Discovery Drive/Rt 44 area that the Town of Mansfield favored. Pretty sure that is also moving through the P&Z process.

Good to see a bunch of development interest building (no pun intended).

Reaction Score
Office space could mean doctor/ dentist/lawyer office or real estate brokers, small company, fitness, day care, …

Reaction Score
I have great partial memories of times spent at Thumpers. Nickel night hurt the brain cells.

How long ago was thumpers there? I remember that space vacant since I went to UConn starting in 04' and it seems to have been vacant since

Reaction Score
Great times at Thumpers.. Nickel nights, dance contests.. fun times...
How long ago was thumpers there? I remember that space vacant since I went to UConn starting in 04' and it seems to have been vacant since
Thumpers closed down around '89 or '90 ( help me out with this one @uchusky32 ) IIRC...

Reaction Score
Great times at Thumpers.. Nickel nights, dance contests.. fun times...

Thumpers closed down around '89 or '90 ( help me out with this one @uchusky32 ) IIRC...
I graduated Dec 88 and was still open. Damn, I think. I told you hurt brain cells.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The guy from Greenwich thats building the apartments has a nephew who's a freshman at UConn. I'm sure he's hoping to have the d0pe penthouse unit by his senior year :cool:;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I graduated Dec 88 and was still open. Damn, I think. I told you hurt brain cells.
I graduated in Dec 88. Was still there. It’s just too far from campus really. Glad to see them expanding the town, but they need a way to get students there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom