OT: Stock trading | Page 177 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
JNJ spins off consumer goods. Prob due to the huge lawsuits?

Yup. Sacrifice one at the altar to the save the other

Reaction Score
Speaking of which, this commercial gives me a pit in my stomach every time I see it. I don't see myself ever being comfortable with autonomous driving; I've had a car with an auto park feature for a couple years now and I've still never even tried it:

I'll never understand it, driving is one of the truly fun things in life. This commercial is like something out of a horror movie.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not only that but they can also see the mistakes places like Tesla make and use their inherent advantages to seize the opportunity.

Plus the car market is just a high competition low margin business
our infrastructure can't handle the change the ESG movement wants to happen. I've also listened to podcasts and read threads saying the autonomous driving isn't possible right now or at least what Tesla claims.

Side note: the ESG is going to be devasting as they move to completely destroy traditional energy

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
$CCJ

Has anyone looked into Metal Royalty Companies? Really interesting

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'll never understand it, driving is one of the truly fun things in life. This commercial is like something out of a horror movie.
One of the scenes looked like they were going over the old Tappan Zee Bridge in which case a computer malfunction would be the least of their worries.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. I love driving, and I still miss driving a stick. The more engaged the better imo. This is exactly the opposite.

But we are increasingly dinosaurs; the vast majority of my kids' generation has very little interest in driving.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For crypto check out OCEAN and Raven. Working with Tesla which may lead to SpaceX

Not on Coinbase. Anybody have suggestions where to buy these?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not on Coinbase. Anybody have suggestions where to buy these?
Voyager for OCEAN, I think kucoin/bitrue and a swap for raven last I checked. Do your DD with those to see if you want to get them

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. I love driving, and I still miss driving a stick. The more engaged the better imo. This is exactly the opposite.

But we are increasingly dinosaurs; the vast majority of my kids' generation has very little interest in driving.
Yep, they're building apartment buildings near me with zero parking.

Reaction Score

Not true in the MA burbs. My son is 5 months into his license and has driven more than I did in my first 1.5yrs. With the >17 no passenger laws they caravan to games, fast food joints and various houses. Preachin' & Prayin' for carefulness.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not true in the MA burbs. My son is 5 months into his license and has driven more than I did in my first 1.5yrs. With the >17 no passenger laws they caravan to games, fast food joints and various houses. Preachin' & Prayin' for carefulness.
I'm sure there are exceptions everywhere; and I'm guessing--in general--that boys are somewhat more inclined than girls. I have three daughters and each has been a bit different with respect to attitudes about driving, but it would hard for any of them, or your son, to compete with the amount of driving I did as a kid. I got my license as soon as possible and bought my own car soon thereafter. Drove a half hour each way to school; and then to and from work; and then out for the night. I bought and sold more than a half dozen cars by the time I was out of law school and drove across the country four times during that time--driving every single mile myself.

It's a good thing that kids have so many other options these days; I shudder to think about the conditions under which I drove much of the time back then. But it's also true that the vast majority of kids now have much less experience driving as a result, and I see the consequences on the road every day.

Reaction Score
our infrastructure can't handle the change the ESG movement wants to happen. I've also listened to podcasts and read threads saying the autonomous driving isn't possible right now or at least what Tesla claims.

Side note: the ESG is going to be devasting as they move to completely destroy traditional energy

YUP, in Cali the electrical infrastructure is a joke

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Insurance must be brutal.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are exceptions everywhere; and I'm guessing--in general--that boys are somewhat more inclined than girls. I have three daughters and each has been a bit different with respect to attitudes about driving, but it would hard for any of them, or your son, to compete with the amount of driving I did as a kid. I got my license as soon as possible and bought my own car soon thereafter. Drove a half hour each way to school; and then to and from work; and then out for the night. I bought and sold more than a half dozen cars by the time I was out of law school and drove across the country four times during that time--driving every single mile myself.

It's a good thing that kids have so many other options these days; I shudder to think about the conditions under which I drove much of the time back then. But it's also true that the vast majority of kids now have much less experience driving as a result, and I see the consequences on the road every day.

Yeah, I’m in the MA burbs like @Dogdeacon and my daughter did get her license and does drive here and there, mostly to Chipotle and Patriot Place, but she sure doesn’t drive for the sake of driving like I did as a kid. Manchester had a crazy big car culture though. The MHS parking lot was like going to a classic car show. She did have a fairly long commute to Bishop Feehan high school several towns away, but Covid meant that she didn’t do it nearly as often as we expected.

Reaction Score
Just got in on Crowdstrike CRWD at 254.
Added some back near today's bottom -12.75% after just taking half of LT profits in Roth near Wednesday's year-high 298ish. Also, added each recent time at/below 248. Even with today's all-cash SecureCircle aquisition annnouncment (4Q closing) and downgrades (MS to $247, Mizuho to $330), breakeven's baked in and expect favorable earnings (12/1 AH).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My recent adds last week on dips. Decided I was holding too much cash in this environment.

FB - up nicely, over 5%
DIS - Down but it will come back
SQ - have been trying to get in for some time, dip was an opening. Up.
VSQTF - Long term higher risk bet in my Roth. Up.
GOOG - replacing Lockheed in IRA
COIN - up 2%
OFSTD - long term risky flyer. Carbon offsets are going to be huge. Level.

Reaction Score
Die shorties die - very interesting summary of all the hedge fund managers that have shorted Tesla over the past few years and how they are doing today. Hint: not good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom