OT: Stock trading | Page 171 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You should have sold months ago or shorted. I had a great day bought the SPXU and the FAZ last summer and am well into profits already, holding for the slow slide or the crash. The SPXU shorts the S&P 500 and the FAZ shorts the Russell 2000. This market has basically gone straight up since 2009. It’s so overbought, you can’t find decent companies for less than $100 a share. If there is a bounce tomorrow it will be short covering. Lol
I hope you have the common decency to spend some of your millions from shorting on that $6 million FBHC coach you want so bad :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I hope you have the common decency to spend some of your millions from shorting on that $6 million FBHC coach you want so bad :rolleyes:
Millions???

Are you kidding me! He’s figured out the markets. He operates with a big B!

Reaction Score
Ok, I’ll call Burton tomorrow. Maybe we can put something together.

Reaction Score
Looking for healthy correction before we go higher. Well unless we end up with an energy crisis like the EU could be facing, the I can see the market going down another10% - %15 over the next Qt.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Looking for healthy correction before we go higher. Well unless we end up with an energy crisis like the EU could be facing, the I can see the market going down another10% - %15 over the next Qt.

Yeah I did a little buying today but hoping for another one later this fall.

Mostly becuase im trying to wait on selling T and vz til they go ex dividend

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I finally ponied up and bought some chain link yesterday at around $27. For you guys who are more involved and knowledgeable about crypto, how high do you think LINK will go in the next 1-2 years? Predictions seem to be all over the map which I guess is not surprising. Most of my crypto investments are in ETH
Triple digits

Reaction Score
Sooo does anyone want to talk about Evergrande and the massive poopstorm that might make it here?
Sure hope highly-margined yarders paid some of their loans, many built in some cash, and others bought some puts for US and mainland-focused funds.

IIRC, not much of Evergrande's equity is held by western institutions and retail. Debt, far more. How, or if the CCParty Boys bail out Evergrande with help from large mainland SOE banks and other SOEs, HK dingleberry HSBC, provincial and city governments, etc will be interesting. Quality tweets you shared from the Italian guy @UConnSwag11

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lehman had almost 700 billion in assets wjen they went down

Yes, and with significant off balance sheet leverage. Not to mention it was in dollars over 10 years ago in a systemic financial failure.

This is not that……at least I sure hope not…….

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Small bounce back already underway if pre market stays the way it is

Reaction Score
You should have sold months ago or shorted. I had a great day bought the SPXU and the FAZ last summer and am well into profits already, holding for the slow slide or the crash. The SPXU shorts the S&P 500 and the FAZ shorts the Russell 2000. This market has basically gone straight up since 2009. It’s so overbought, you can’t find decent companies for less than $100 a share. If there is a bounce tomorrow it will be short covering. Lol
Did you foresee Evergrande? Or Delta for that matter? Or just anticipating tapering way early?

Reaction Score
Small bounce back already underway if pre market stays the way it is

Dow futures are up almost a full percent. Investors will be buy, but I'm curious where the market will close.

I think any gains expeeienced early won't be sustsined by the closing bell

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I was up a lot over the last few months, so no. Up far more than I was down yesterday. Consumer debt in the U.S. is very low compared to where it has been. There is a lot of money out there. With interest rates low, inflation high, there are only a few places that money can go, the market and real estate.

Reaction Score
Tonight (US time): Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges re-open after holiday. Meanwhile, HKEX closes 9/22 (tonight US time) for its' own separate holiday. HK, also closed 10/1 HKT (US 9/30 night time).

Oct 1-7: Mainland national holiday, markets closed. After mainlanders kibitz for a week over too much food, baijou, etc, re-opening Fri 10/8 (Thur night 10/7 US time) could be very, very, very interesting.

Reaction Score
I was up a lot over the last few months, so no. Up far more than I was down yesterday. Consumer debt in the U.S. is very low compared to where it has been. There is a lot of money out there. With interest rates low, inflation high, there are only a few places that money can go, the market and real estate.
You do realize that a bounce the day after a big down day is usually not real buying. It is short sellers buying back the shares they shorted the day before to close out their positions.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You do realize that a bounce the day after a big down day is usually not real buying. It is short sellers buying back the shares they shorted the day before to close out their positions.

I think you vastly overstate the impact of short sellers. I’m an investor not a trader. Over time shorts lose. Lots of people have free cash specifically to buy on major drops. Including lots of big institutional investors.

Reaction Score
These are typically intra day shorts, they are bought back by end of the trading day, not the next day. That's why things started popping off yesterday afternoon.

Reaction Score
These are typically intra day shorts, they are bought back by end of the trading day, not the next day. That's why things started popping off yesterday afternoon.
You are so wrong. Anyone who goes long in the markets now is greedy and not thinking clearly. As I have already said the Stock market has basically gone straight up since 2009. A correction of at least 30% is coming because of many factors. Hedge funds know this, and they have been shorting the the stock market now for several weeks. These are not mom and pop intraday shorts. If you wish to go long on something buy gold, silver, palladium or platinum, 30 year bonds, the price of oil, etc, but don’t buy stocks. Also, I would not pay attention to stock market fundamentals, but would pay strong attention to stock market technicals.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom