OT: Stock trading | Page 40 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
You can have 100s of thousands of dollars on the main exchanges and not worry.
You got in fine- longterm you will be golden.
I would never suggest buying any crypto if you are looking to do short term trading- it simply could go the wrong way for a few weeks and @#$& you. Buy and hold for 18 months. You will be thrilled.
Yeah, not worried short term. I was happy when it went up 1.50 right after I bought it because I was having a rough week in the regular market. For what I invested in $LINK so far I’m not worried if it goes down a bit. Thanks for your commitment to this, gave me the confidence to pull the trigger. I’m really happy for you guys who have been in from very early.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you are worried about leaving your coins on an exchange, I recommend getting a cold wallet storage, like ledger nano s. If you do, make sure only to buy it directly from their website
Having a cold wallet allows you to be your own bank and be in control. Only you have access to the funds. Downside is you can lose it and/or your private keys and you need to be at your laptop if you want to liquidate them (although I believe some are now able to transfer via your phone and Bluetooth). Plus side is it’s private and no one knows about it but you. People say keep a decent, small amount on the exchanges but the majority off

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A couple podcasts on crypto I listen to are Bitcoin Audible, Crypto Casey, Rich Dad Radio Show, and The Pomp Podcast

Reaction Score
Yeah, not worried short term. I was happy when it went up 1.50 right after I bought it because I was having a rough week in the regular market. For what I invested in $LINK so far I’m not worried if it goes down a bit. Thanks for your commitment to this, gave me the confidence to pull the trigger. I’m really happy for you guys who have been in from very early.

I plan on having a life-size cut out of the chainlink logo at my wedding where people can take pictures in front of.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been covered, but what are a few clean energy stocks worth investigating for the long term?

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been covered, but what are a few clean energy stocks worth investigating for the long term?
I don’t know indiv. names but I use PBW invesco clean energy ETF and like how it acts over time. Some others prob can tell u individual Names

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
$AEM,$GOLD,$-SPPP, $HMY, $GDX, $-SBSW are some of the metal stocks I have that have done very well.

Reaction Score
What an incredible day thanks to TSLA and OSTK. At least for a day I don’t hate the market anymore :)

Reaction Score
What an incredible day thanks to TSLA and OSTK. At least for a day I don’t hate the market anymore :)

How do folks feel about ETFs?

I was hesitant to guess on individual picks and didn't feel like spreading around pennies to a whole bunch of stocks, so I put a few grand in a couple of ETFs: Ark Innovation (ARKK) and Direxion WFH.

ARKK is 10% TSLA, 7% SQ, and a dozen or so others. Was up 3.5% today.

Reaction Score

I was hesitant to guess on individual picks and didn't feel like spreading around pennies to a whole bunch of stocks, so I put a few grand in a couple of ETFs: Ark Innovation (ARKK) and Direxion WFH.

Great. I have a few friends who are in the ARK funds and have done really well on them, I haven’t done ETFs yet but if I did I’d probably also look at the ARK fintech one. I own SQ, PYPL and MELI individually and can’t see a scenario where those don’t continue to prosper.

Reaction Score
Did you guys see $LINK tonight? Dropped $4 in 5 minutes! Now up 3 of that, hopefully that was the correction, ha.

Reaction Score
Arkk funds are really innovative. A lot of smart people on FinTwit are interested in what ark is buying, that tells me all I need to know about their legitimacy as I’ve been on fintwit for over a decade and weeded out the frauds or never get a trade wrong types.

Reaction Score
Did you guys see $LINK tonight? Dropped $4 in 5 minutes! Now up 3 of that, hopefully that was the correction, ha.
LINK if you are going to trade it - is a sell before a pull back in the 20s. Or so I’m told. It could just stall and then continue into 30s. These projects with no trading history are hard to guess tops and bottoms. I’m just going long and expect it to be at least $60 at some point down the road. ( I have friends who say $100-300-, hope they are right).

Reaction Score
If you're not already hyped on chainlink. This video explains how chainlink is partnered with Microsoft, Google Cloud, and Amazon

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
LINK if you are going to trade it - is a sell before a pull back in the 20s. Or so I’m told. It could just stall and then continue into 30s. These projects with no trading history are hard to guess tops and bottoms. I’m just going long and expect it to be at least $60 at some point down the road. ( I have friends who say $100-300-, hope they are right).

I got some under 16 today

Reaction Score

ETFs can be great. One of my better investments when I started out was SMH. I bought in the 70s and now is in the 170s.

Reaction Score
Arkk funds are really innovative. A lot of smart people on FinTwit are interested in what ark is buying, that tells me all I need to know about their legitimacy as I’ve been on fintwit for over a decade and weeded out the frauds or never get a trade wrong types.

I’ve been keeping my eye on ARK funds for a few weeks. I think it’s a great long term play. I’ll probably start adding shares of ARKK into my portfolio in the near future or pick a few of my favorites out of ARKK’s top 10.

Reaction Score
OTRK is red hot today, DRIO doing well too. For people who missed out on LVGO, look at these two.

Reaction Score
DRIO has an interesting chart today, nice pop at the open, then a bunch of shorts and chop was in play until the afternoon session. If it drops back to the $18.50-18.60 level I may take a long position out.

Reaction Score
I am also looking at another block of RKT which has been steadly climbing out of it's IPO hole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom