OT: Stock trading | Page 39 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
How much $$$ has everyone thrown in here at chainlink?? I just got started, got in at the big dip yesterday and am up 50 bucks already thinking about upping my position?!?!?!?!?

Reaction Score
Anyone own Chegg? Might be late to the party but looks interesting based on what I'm hearing about schools/online learning.

I’m riding Chegg with you. One time

Reaction Score
How much $$$ has everyone thrown in here at chainlink?? I just got started, got in at the big dip yesterday and am up 50 bucks already thinking about upping my position?!?!?!?!?
Since 2017

Reaction Score
I never like buying into the up swings. But LINK is different because there is no history to base your trades on. Our next level is about $30- could go up from there or bounce down. Just buy a little every week. If it gets beat down DCA. You will be good in long run.

Reaction Score
Ha, really? $500? What would its valuation be then? Half a trillion dollars?
With current circulating supply ~ 175 billion. I mean if you think about it, chainlink is the most vital middleware i that is going to make everything work in the space. If you don't have oracles bringing in real-world data to smart contracts, then smart contract platforms are essentially useless.

Analogy: Everyone (Blockchain Companies) are heading West for the Gold Rush where only a few will actually strike gold. However, everyone is going to need the necessary supplies to mine/extract the gold, and Chainlink is the merchant providing the supplies

Ha, really? $500? What would its valuation be then? Half a trillion dollars?
Roughly 175 billion w/ circulating supply

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Novavax rollercoaster continues. Dropped 20% today from ~150.00 to ~119.00. Q2 had "mixed results".

I'm in for the ride. I still think this thing goes well above 200.00 a share.

Reaction Score
With current circulating supply ~ 175 billion. I mean if you think about it, chainlink is the most vital middleware i that is going to make everything work in the space. If you don't have oracles bringing in real-world data to smart contracts, then smart contract platforms

Roughly 175 billion w/ circulating supply
Ok, I’m along for the ride so let’s gooo!

Reaction Score
You guys wore me down, ha. Bought $LINK today finally. Got in at a high price, $16.90, but I’ll take a leap of faith here and hopefully ride this up to 30 with you guys.

Can you get $LINK on robinhood?

Reaction Score
You guys wore me down, ha. Bought $LINK today finally. Got in at a high price, $16.90, but I’ll take a leap of faith here and hopefully ride this up to 30 with you guys.
If it ever dips under $10 dollars again, that will be a great place to start adding a nice chunk to the bag

Reaction Score
Don’t know if he’ll impact it much but Dave Portnoy just bough $50k of $LINK. If he touts the hell out of it to his fanbase it sure can’t hurt.

Reaction Score
I'm expecting a link correction soon back to $9-14 range. Healthy pullback. However, the end of this month is the Smart Contract Conference. Could be some big announcements there from link. Also, BTW JP Morgan is close to finalizing multiple deals with Ethereum for $50 mil

Reaction Score
I'm expecting a link correction soon back to $9-14 range. Healthy pullback. However, the end of this month is the Smart Contract Conference. Could be some big announcements there from link. Also, BTW JP Morgan is close to finalizing multiple deals with Ethereum for $50 mil
Ha, don’t say that please! I was a little cautious buying it today after such a run up but I also didn’t want to chance it getting into the 20s without me, Just like sticks, it would be normal to see a little correction but with a rough last week in the market it’s the last thing I’d want to see.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ha, don’t say that please! I was a little cautious buying it today after such a run up but I also didn’t want to chance it getting into the 20s without me, Just like sticks, it would be normal to see a little correction but with a rough last week in the market it’s the last thing I’d want to see.
A pullback wouldn’t be bad as I would probably buy more. There’s a possibility this gets to $100+

Reaction Score
I general rule with crypto is that if something does a 2-3x then it may correct to about 50% of those gains- then people buy back in and it will bounce back to those levels. LINK and some others that do not have a a trading history can buck those trends and reach higher numbers on their runs. If you bought earlier when we mentioned it (around $5) then we are at a 3x if it goes into the 20s then a 4x ect... don't be worried if it does move down- it will not last that long and will give you a chance to DCA your basis.

Reaction Score
I general rule with crypto is that if something does a 2-3x then it may correct to about 50% of those gains- then people buy back in and it will bounce back to those levels. LINK and some others that do not have a a trading history can buck those trends and reach higher numbers on their runs. If you bought earlier when we mentioned it (around $5) then we are at a 3x if it goes into the 20s then a 4x ect... don't be worried if it does move down- it will not last that long and will give you a chance to DCA your basis.
I should have gotten In much sooner, but I was concerned about having my money with one of these crypto exchanges. It’s easier said than done though about buying more on pullbacks because it’s more cash that needs to be funded each time, whereas with stocks I can go to margin if necessary. By the way, does 1.5% seem excessive each time to fund account?

Reaction Score
I should have gotten In much sooner, but I was concerned about having my money with one of these crypto exchanges. It’s easier said than done though about buying more on pullbacks because it’s more cash that needs to be funded each time, whereas with stocks I can go to margin if necessary. By the way, does 1.5% seem excessive each time to fund account?
If you are worried about leaving your coins on an exchange, I recommend getting a cold wallet storage, like ledger nano s. If you do, make sure only to buy it directly from their website

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you are worried about leaving your coins on an exchange, I recommend getting a cold wallet storage, like ledger nano s. If you do, make sure only to buy it directly from their website
And write everything down a couple times and put them in a secure place

Reaction Score
You can have 100s of thousands of dollars on the main exchanges and not worry.
You got in fine- longterm you will be golden.
I would never suggest buying any crypto if you are looking to do short term trading- it simply could go the wrong way for a few weeks and @#$& you. Buy and hold for 18 months. You will be thrilled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom