OT: Stock trading | Page 37 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Airlines are in big trouble, i am betting we see some bankruptcy filings in the next monthm AAL and maybe Spirit. My friend is a pilot for United, they are looking at early retirement packages for almost 30 % of their pilots.

Reaction Score
Airlines are in big trouble, i am betting we see some bankruptcy filings in the next monthm AAL and maybe Spirit. My friend is a pilot for United, they are looking at early retirement packages for almost 30 % of their pilots.
Extremely sad. The industry was excelling like never before and got almost completely wiped out by a nasty virus. Even if flying was safer, people and companies have had enough time to realize they can do a lot of what they did previously remotely. Gotta think the international business traveler is a thing of the past.

Reaction Score
Extremely sad. The industry was excelling like never before and got almost completely wiped out by a nasty virus. Even if flying was safer, people and companies have had enough time to realize they can do a lot of what they did previously remotely. Gotta think the international business traveler is a thing of the past.
Yes, business class will really dry up I think. Nothing beats face to face in person with new clients and the handshake to close a deal, but we are in a new world now, everything will be virtual.

Reaction Score

Two things to monitor with airlines.

The CARES act that went in place in March providing 25b in support to airlines is up Sept 30th. Airlines who took money from the CARES act cannot lay off anyone prior to 10/1. The industry is lobbying for a 2nd phase of the CARES act and no one knows where that stands. If that's not passed, 10/1 could be a bloodbath in that industry.

The second thing is COVID and Holiday travel. I've been in on earnings discussions for airlines and their two main sources of annual income are family vacations in April through August, then holiday travel. It's obvious the family vacations were non-existent and they've baked that into their 2020 finances at this point. If they can't have families feeling safe enough to over the holidays to see each other? 2020 is going to be crushed and you'll see even more bloodshed there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
On uphold you can buy/invest in metals and soon companies like at&t and others. There are no fees unlike coinbase. Uphold seems to be ahead of the game when it comes to being able to use your crypto

Reaction Score
Fees do kinda help pay for security no?
Hope some of our fellow BYs bought LINK back when we mentioned it. Its up %80.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Fees do kinda help pay for security no?
Hope some of our fellow BYs bought LINK back when we mentioned it. Its up %80.
I’ve heard about a lot of issues with coinbase. My friends use uphold and love it

Reaction Score
I’ve heard about a lot of issues with coinbase. My friends use uphold and love it

I always used coinbase. No issues with it.

How does uphold make money if there are no fees?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t mind paying a $5 fee for buying $1000 - I have had no problems with coinbase. My big beef is all the crypto exchanges have access issues if you are trying to trade the big fluctuations- unless you use API codes and avoid having to log in.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I always used coinbase. No issues with it.

How does uphold make money if there are no fees?

They likely collect a bit of interest on your money. Just guessing.

Reaction Score
LVGO!!
I had been riding LVGO since the mid $90s based on your recommendation and was loving the ride, but got out this morning after the TDOC merger news and this mass sell-off. Was up big premarket too before the news came out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife saw something on the news about FUV so I jumped in and bought some. Up over 5% after I bought it. Up over 200% this year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I had been riding LVGO since the mid $90s based on your recommendation and was loving the ride, but got out this morning after the TDOC merger news and this mass sell-off. Was up big premarket too before the news came out.

That is just huge news.

I thought mergers tended to increase prices due to the inflated price being paid.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was a huge pinch
Yeah, that was a huge punch to the Richard! Especially since with the power outage I couldn’t sell any premarket when it was up to 160. Earnings due to be released tomorrow, short term this news absolutely sucked! Glad you made a good profit though. My average is only 91 as well so fortunately I still have a good cushion, concerned about holding FSLY though going into earnings tonight.

Reaction Score
Really surprised at how bullish this week has been. Oil made a nice pop after the 7 million barrel draw down was announced.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I guess I can't complain too much based on some other overreactions after earnings...but dammit ROKU! Foiled again.

Reaction Score
Really surprised at how bullish this week has been. Oil made a nice pop after the 7 million barrel draw down was announced.
I think maybe the inevitable stimulus agreement is being priced in a bit, and some companies have still had great earnings. FSLY killing me today, so happy I sold 2/3 yesterday before the close.

Reaction Score
I think maybe the inevitable stimulus agreement is being priced in a bit, and some companies have still had great earnings. FSLY killing me today, so happy I sold 2/3 yesterday before the close.

FSLY got hammered today. Curious how NET will do short term. Don’t care too much as it will be a long term hold for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom