OT: Stock trading | Page 79 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
@UConnSwag11 I don't. I did when I was a trader. But I now buy things that I plan to hold through the ups and downs. If you are in on a short term stock, then yes, it would be wise. But I have watched a lot of stocks go well into negative territory and then come back to be way ahead. Trying to time the market is usually a losing game.

IMO, you should always use stop losses, trailing stops to protect profits.

Reaction Score
Anyone get into ABML?? I mentioned it about a week and half ago, it was at $1.10, today it ran up to $1.50, this thing will be $2.00 in no time and beyond. Lithium battery recycler, they just built a recovery plant a stones throw from the Tesls Giga battery factory.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Anyone get into ABML?? I mentioned it about a week and half ago, it was at $1.10, today it ran up to $1.50, this thing will be $2.00 in no time and beyond. Lithium battery recycler, they just built a recovery plant a stones throw from the Tesls Giga battery factory.
Been keeping my eye on it and looks really interesting so I may take some UAVS profits and throw it into this.

Reaction Score
Congratulations man! I know you have a big enough position in this to be ecstatic today. One of my best money makers today too along with FUTU. My superstar stock MELI just keeps chugging. Great day, especially with help from my crypto.
Thanks it was a good day! I have almost 40,000 shares of this now (I had 70,000 at one point). Holding on to those shares now as I think it’s gonna keep going up. Will it hit $10? I think it could but only time will tell. Could be $5 by the end of the week and my average purchase price was less then 40 cents/share so I am very very happy!

Reaction Score
So how do you factor higher short-term gain taxes into your planning as obviously that is fixed yet totally independent of stock returns/valuation. If you have a stop loss trade after a gain do you set aside the tax $ before reinvesting?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Well you timed this post well! +28% at the moment

Reaction Score
GEVO down big today - think it will rebound?
Alternative view, GEVO's up big time since Tues pre-mkt. Yesterday afternoon, sold shares >$11 for breakeven. Had no intent to buy more, then GEVO opened pre-mkt and added at $8.25. Thanks to @amidagoat avg held <$3. Done adding for LT hold, but likely no brainer given projected policy changes.

Reaction Score
Big Tech booming today. Amazon, Apple, MSFT, Goog way way up
A few weeks ago I loaded up on AMZN and considered putting my entire portfolio in it. It was too early and I won’t do it but I think it will return 30~40% within the next 12 to 18 months, maybe even sooner. I’ve been headfaked on it a lot though so according to the charts, if it gets through 3350 or so the breakout is real and we could see much higher. Plus, if they ever announce a split, it would probably go to 4,000 just on that.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Looks like it might be a good entry on MARA as reversals are showing for both BTC and MARA. At least probably a good bounce today.

I think BTC should be headed to 45k from here.

Reaction Score
it's flirting with $2.50 now. short term how much higher do you see it going?

Reaction Score
So, I'm hearing the bitcoin double spend is fake news. Good time to buy? Or enough to scare people away?

Reaction Score
it's flirting with $2.50 now. short term how much higher do you see it going?

it's starting to show some weakness now. I go out @ $2.45 and will wait and see if it retests 2.10-2.15 before I think about taking another position. I think $2.54 is it's ATH, but the way these small cap renewables have been going, who know. Would not be surprised to see it go through $3 and beyond.

Reaction Score
Chamath Palihapitya is the modern day Midas. Everythin he touches is turning to gold.

Reaction Score
Been in on all his SPACs - love CLOV long term.
So am I, all of the IPO's are starting to gain momentum, won't be surprised if IPOc, D and F catch up to IPOE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom