OT: Stock trading | Page 78 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
do you guys use stop loss for your trades?

edit: for stocks
I used to, but not any more. I seem to be picking my entry points better, so a hard drop has been less of a worry....plus I try to pick companies I have a lot of faith & conviction in, that helps to ride things out if it does get a bit extra choppy. Hope that helps.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I picked up Coca Cola and Aurora Cannabis before the market closed yesterday. Hoping they go up.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Whoever called SENS a few weeks ago, if only I had listened to you. Have any other picks like that?

g_smith

Reaction Score
3552B583-CF02-42AF-9CA1-71AF31CB80C7.png

Reaction Score
Whoever called SENS a few weeks ago, if only I had listened to you. Have any other picks like that?
Sorry, that was my pick back in November. I don’t think you’ve missed all of the upside. I expect it could go to $5 at some point this year after FDA approval

Reaction Score
Sorry, that was my pick back in November. I don’t think you’ve missed all of the upside. I expect it could go to $5 at some point this year after FDA approval
Sold half mine at break even but glad to have a little left, good call. Penny stock to keep your eyes on is Frontier Communicatons, FTRCQ. Poorly managed company that filed for Chapter 11, but another new CEO and they recently got approval from FCC to restructure and get out of bankruptcy. I gave up on it at 10 cents a month ago but it’s now at 40 cents, after being as high as 54 cents. I’m back in, with the right moves under new leadership, I think it can get back to $5 or higher eventually as they build out their fiber network and probably add mobile phone service to their product mix.

g_smith

Reaction Score
Wow I might get in still. What is the time frame for approval? Do you know when they expecting to submit and hear back? I think the stock is due for a pull back from this current run and I could use that as an entry point to hold for the year.

Reaction Score
Wow I might get in still. What is the time frame for approval? Do you know when they expecting to submit and hear back? I think the stock is due for a pull back from this current run and I could use that as an entry point to hold for the year.
Supposed to hear about FDA approval sometime before the end of Feb. the review was delayed due to covid. Not a delay from SENS, but a delay from the FDA as they’ve been busy with Covid drugs and vaccine approvals.

Reaction Score
$GRT crypto is hot. Another Scot-e pick. I’ve learned when he mentions a crypto name, jump on it. No market today, crypto is the only game in town!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this a serious question?? LOL
@UConnSwag11 I don't. I did when I was a trader. But I now buy things that I plan to hold through the ups and downs. If you are in on a short term stock, then yes, it would be wise. But I have watched a lot of stocks go well into negative territory and then come back to be way ahead. Trying to time the market is usually a losing game.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
But I have watched a lot of stocks go well into negative territory and then come back to be way ahead. Trying to time the market is usually a losing game.
As someone who was down thousands on DDD — I bought it when it was a meme stock back in 2018 — and am now up thousands... yes. This is correct.

Also I’m up like 70% today on my “just for fun” portfolio thanks to GEVO & SENS. Thanks guys!

Reaction Score
Supposed to hear about FDA approval sometime before the end of Feb. the review was delayed due to covid. Not a delay from SENS, but a delay from the FDA as they’ve been busy with Covid drugs and vaccine approvals.
Congratulations man! I know you have a big enough position in this to be ecstatic today. One of my best money makers today too along with FUTU. My superstar stock MELI just keeps chugging. Great day, especially with help from my crypto.

Reaction Score
Glad I didn’t sell my SENS or GEVO

Got in @ .36 and 2.07

LAC (lithium mine) has been running. In @ 12. Now 26

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member