OT: Stock trading | Page 44 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Why is that?

These are my investment group’s current projections for the two. Love the long term outlook of both

Attachments

• 68AA38DB-D96F-4940-8D64-2A24C50A2D44.png
    68AA38DB-D96F-4940-8D64-2A24C50A2D44.png
    114 KB · Views: 232
  • CAB81291-A28C-4CEC-923F-698A8868B0AD.png
    CAB81291-A28C-4CEC-923F-698A8868B0AD.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 238

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Those going in and out of this market to catch swings would be well advised to read today’s WSJ.

That's been a bad approach since I started doing this in the 80's. If it was easy the pros would do it and for the most part, they don't.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I just grabbed some GOOG for my Trad IRA. Seems like it is a decent buying opportunity.

Reaction Score
I just grabbed some GOOG for my Trad IRA. Seems like it is a decent buying opportunity.
Apple is a better buy IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go up 30+ points by end of year. Their 5G phone release is going to send their stock soaring

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That's been a bad approach since I started doing this in the 80's. If it was easy the pros would do it and for the most part, they don't.
I agree. I do not buy and sell on a daily basis, or even in the short term. What is your opinion on options though? I’m thinking about starting to experiment with them. Had a friend talk me through it...seems manageable.

Reaction Score
You basically want to be the person making the kool aid right before people drink it for swings/options. Regardless of the product. For example, I think GSX is a complete BS company but I’ve made well over 100% in returns on options playing that stock this year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I agree. I do not buy and sell on a daily basis, or even in the short term. What is your opinion on options though? I’m thinking about starting to experiment with them. Had a friend talk me through it...seems manageable.

I just don't have time. Took an MBA level class on valuing options and futures as an elective my last semester at UConn and used them quite effectively in the 90's. But two things have changed. The market is less rational and more volatile and I don't have much time.

You can play that volatility with options, but it requires a fair amount of attention. I'll stick with long term plays in businesses where I have better than average access to information.

Reaction Score
Gonna be able to afford to send my cats to private school b/c of you if you're right about this one, too...

Sorry i should have been more specific, this one will take longer than the last two. Probably next summer or so

Reaction Score
Options are extremely risky and volatile. I trade options have lost 100k in 4 hours earlier this month also have made 75k in day

Reaction Score
I’ve recently gotten the book and dvd by the Najarian Bros on options trading. Looking forward to studying up on it but I’ve learned I need to stay in my lane and not gamble too much. Buying mid and large cap tech on dips has been my success formula, other things like daytrading and crypto have hurt me. I think that’s the number one thing about investing, find what fits your investment style and don’t get too distracted by all the other things people tout.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I just don't have time. Took an MBA level class on valuing options and futures as an elective my last semester at UConn and used them quite effectively in the 90's. But two things have changed. The market is less rational and more volatile and I don't have much time.

You can play that volatility with options, but it requires a fair amount of attention. I'll stick with long term plays in businesses where I have better than average access to information.
Options are extremely risky and volatile. I trade options have lost 100k in 4 hours earlier this month also have made 75k in day

I have heard such...time consuming, risky, and volatile. I'm just noticing that on certain days, some of my stocks go up, and the others go down. And they always go up/down the opposite of each other, like clockwork. While I don't have the time to research stocks that I do not own, I was considering getting into daily option plays with the stocks I own, since I have a bit of a feel for them. Not planning on keeping the options until they expire - just long enough to book a win. Been using Robinhood, but you can only buy options in 100 share blocks it seems. Is there anywhere you can learn how to trade options, slightly cheaper, until you have the hang of it?

Reaction Score
I have heard such...time consuming, risky, and volatile. I'm just noticing that on certain days, some of my stocks go up, and the others go down. And they always go up/down the opposite of each other, like clockwork. While I don't have the time to research stocks that I do not own, I was considering getting into daily option plays with the stocks I own, since I have a bit of a feel for them. Not planning on keeping the options until they expire - just long enough to book a win. Been using Robinhood, but you can only buy options in 100 share blocks it seems. Is there anywhere you can learn how to trade options, slightly cheaper, until you have the hang of it?
If you don’t have $25k and make more than 5 trades in a week you are labeled a day trader and your account is frozen. If you happen to still be holding options you have left yourself open to being bent over a barrel if that stock goes down

options are only sold in 100 share blocks btw

Reaction Score
From everything I can find to read, it looks like quantum batteries are the wave of the future. They will power everything from cell phones to electric vehicles. Two companies involved seem to be KCAC and DPHC. Does anyone know much about them....?

Here's a link to an article I read this morning:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom