OT: Stock trading | Page 41 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
DRIO has an interesting chart today, nice pop at the open, then a bunch of shorts and chop was in play until the afternoon session. If it drops back to the $18.50-18.60 level I may take a long position out.
I was trying to figure out at one point this morning how I was up as much as I was. Then I realized I doubled up on DRIO the other day, lol. Scary to be buying shares you don’t remember and not even having the luxury of blaming it on drinking.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on buying TSLA or AAPL before their splits?
I’ve discussed this with a few people recently and at this point I really don’t know. I added significantly to my TSLA last Friday at 1630 for that exact reason. It was hard to imagine anyone selling prior to the split but now that they’ve already run up so much this week, I can’t say with conviction it’s a great idea to add here, especially with Fridays being so rough lately. Tesla does have a likely inclusion into the S&P though soon which typically lifts a stock even more but a lot of people think that might be priced in already.

i do have a question though for people experienced with splits. The date people need to be in Tesla is this Friday the 24th to receive the split on the 31st. But what happens with shares purchased next week? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Thoughts for tomorrow guys? Has been an amazing week for tech stocks. I sold about 25% of my stuff today to lock in profits ahead of a potential typical Friday sell off. Futures are up, I’m surprised market is going as strong as it is this week.

Also, LINK Marines, any guesses on where this thing bottoms out? Plan to hold longterm but it’s down over 20% this week.

Reaction Score
Thoughts for tomorrow guys? Has been an amazing week for tech stocks. I sold about 25% of my stuff today to lock in profits ahead of a potential typical Friday sell off. Futures are up, I’m surprised market is going as strong as it is this week.

Also, LINK Marines, any guesses on where this thing bottoms out? Plan to hold longterm but it’s down over 20% this week.

I bought some more LINK when it got to under 16 the other day. Didn't realize it would hold steady since then.

Reaction Score
No one is going to sell Tesla before battery day coming up. It’s going to continue to rise IMO but I do think it is being overvalued a bit and could see a little fall afterwards

Reaction Score
Alibaba is a stock I think is going to rise. They fell a little today after earnings report but their earning report showed great signs

Reaction Score
Alibaba is a stock I think is going to rise. They fell a little today after earnings report but their earning report showed great signs
That’s been the trend though recently that most high growth stocks have sold off after earnings, even if they knocked It out of the park. SE and a few others have been the exception. I picked up extra shares of TSLA last week and kicked some out today after a 250 pt gain. My thinking was nobody would sell either approaching the split but I kept my purpose in mind and took some profit. Battery day and likely S&P inclusion should help but it’s getting tougher and tougher to justify a 1000 P/E ratio.

Reaction Score
I am tempted to take another position in CODX, I think it hit its bottom today.

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Sorrento (SRNE)? I bought it a few weeks ago at $11 and saw it gain incredible traction to $20 and then I'm under the impression there was a very suspect article that someone at Hindenburg research came out with that plummeted the stock back to around $11.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I bought Carnival cruise lines last month. Got a tip (Brother In-Law GRRR) that the Saudis put $2 billion in the company. Carnival is down 10% since I bought it. LOL. Luckily it was just playing around with money and nothing that I will miss.

MY FSA goes...I would not have recommended that.

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Sorrento (RNE)? I bought it a few weeks ago at $11 and saw it gain incredible traction to $20 and then I'm under the impression there was a very suspect article that someone at Hindenburg research came out with that plummeted the stock back to around $11.

Stocks like SRNE, NVAX, INO are super volatile and totally dependent on treatment breakthroughs, gov't funding etc. I'm in and out of them periodically at this point....I'm always reading Yahoo Finance for insight and tips, but it's an area full of land mines, so tread carefully....

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on Sorrento (SRNE)? I bought it a few weeks ago at $11 and saw it gain incredible traction to $20 and then I'm under the impression there was a very suspect article that someone at Hindenburg research came out with that plummeted the stock back to around $11.

I am sitting on 300 shares fo SRNE, bought it at $10.45, I think this $10 level is the bottom, "hopefully"

Reaction Score
This market is going to start to tank very soon. Best to take some profits and set some cash aside to buy low on the dip. I expect we’ll see a 10-15% drop in the market from now until the election.

Reaction Score
Got in
This market is going to start to tank very soon. Best to take some profits and set some cash aside to buy low on the dip. I expect we’ll see a 10-15% drop in the market from now until the election.
I’ve been expecting it for a while but fortunately it was a huge week for me after two very rough ones. Tech always seems to be down on Fridays so I sold off about 25% yesterday. Bought a bunch more Amazon today but otherwise I do think I’ll sell into strength Monday or Tuesday if it presents itself.

Reaction Score
Gold will be king- but you can also buy into sable coins ( crypto)- lock in higher value of dollar now trade out later.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gold will be king- but you can also buy into sable coins ( crypto)- lock in higher value of dollar now trade out later.
My metal stocks have been doing great

Reaction Score
I think all of the crypto's blockchains will do well in the coming months as people shift their portfolio's in anticipation of Nov. 3rd

Reaction Score
Timing the market is a fools game, but my gut says this thing is going to snap, and snap hard.

So, being the fool, I'm over 1/3 cash and USTs.

Reaction Score
These stocks are all taking OFF premarket. Have to wait for the inevitable sell off.
Some days you can just sense the early rally isn’t going to hold. I had that feeling this morning with an eye on liquidating some stuff but quickly my gains were cut in half and then it was decidedly negative. Fund managers seem to be in agreement though that they want to remain in equities while rates are so low so we may not see this massive correction so many people have been calling since May,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom