OT: Stock trading | Page 190 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
And then never bought again. How many of them exist?

I bought 5 ethereum for like 75 a piece years ago. Sold last fall for 4400 a piece or something. Getting a nice vacation out of it and a bit of baby savings.

I didn't get rich off it, but best investment I made by the numbers. I don't really dabble in crpyto any more, just here and there in my play money fund

Reaction Score
I’ve been nibbling on LINK, DOT - BITCOIN could still drop down to the 11K range at some point - so I’m not backing up the truck yet.

Reaction Score
XBI. Spiders bio tech it's cheaper today than it was during the March 2020 crash I'm starting to build a position.
$65 to $82 + out biotech is still a trade but 20% in 5 weeks in this market has to be sold.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, GE is officially named its three new companies as it splits up.

GE Aerospace- Keeps the trademark and revamped logo
GE Verona- Isn't this a flavor of coffee?? It's now also a power generation and renewables company
GE Healthcare

Personally, I have no feel for how any of this shakes out and won't touch any one of the three.

Reaction Score

GE Verona- Isn't this a flavor of coffee?? It's now also a power generation and renewables company
GE Healthcare

Personally, I have no feel for how any of this shakes out and won't touch any one of the three.

Lmao, love it. I work in Gas Power, now soon to be Vernova. I’ll put in a comment that our new company name sounds like a coffee blend.

GEHC will be the first to spin off in 1Q-2Q23. Vernova will split end of 2023-early 2024. Pretty sure the meatball will be used across all 3 businesses post split.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lmao, love it. I work in Gas Power, now soon to be Vernova. I’ll put in a comment that our new company name sounds like a coffee blend.

GEHC will be the first to spin off in 1Q-2Q23. Vernova will split end of 2023-early 2024. Pretty sure the meatball will be used across all 3 businesses post split.
Yeah, we are working on how we sell to the three. Seems GE is ending its shared service IT business that supported all of them. So expects to move to a data center free model for the Newcos.

Reaction Score

GE Healthcare

I’d be interested in GE Aircraft Engines, which is basically what GE Aerospace will be. It is by far the biggest of the three new GE companies, and has the most upside given the run up all the other defense and aviation companies have had over the past 12 or 13 years. Their main competition is Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Boeing and CFM which half owned by GE anyway. GE Aircraft Engines dominates the turbofan market.

Reaction Score
Which GE gets jammed up with all those pensions?

Pension? Never heard of it.

Yeah, we are working on how we sell to the three. Seems GE is ending its shared service IT business that supported all of them. So expects to move to a data center free model for the Newcos.

Ah cool! No clue how all the IT splits are going to work. Can I ask what services your business provides?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’d be interested in GE Aircraft Engines, which is basically what GE Aerospace will be. It is by far the biggest of the three new GE companies, and has the most upside given the run up all the other defense and aviation companies have had over the past 12 or 13 years. Their main competition is Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Boeing and CFM which half owned by GE anyway. GE Aircraft Engines dominates the turbofan market.
Commercial markets yes.

Reaction Score

GE Healthcare

Aerospace is a growth play. That is a good play IMO. Industry is on fire.

Healthcare and technology is always going to be an excellent space.

Power? Stay away. Loaded with debt. Expensive. Highly regulated. Imelt ruined the company by doing two things.

1. Buying power (he bought high, sold low)
2. Moving corporate out of Fairfield (destroyed company)

You know how bad that move to Boston looks now for corporate? GE never actually moved in fully, .just a bunch of wasted money spent on vanity plays. And, they lost a lot of talent because of it. They had a suburb campus in Fairfield county and could have had an oasis when Covid hit. Just dumb move.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Power? Stay away. Loaded with debt. Expensive. Highly regulated. Imelt ruined the company by doing two things.

You know how bad that move to Boston looks now for corporate? GE never actually moved in fully, .just a bunch of wasted money spent on vanity plays. And, they lost a lot of talent because of it. They had a suburb campus in Fairfield county and could have had an oasis when Covid hit. Just dumb move.

I'm definitey bullish on aerospace and aeronautics.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

No kidding. When I read it and typed it I actually thought it was Verona. Had to go back and read again to see it is Vernova. Does "Vernova" mean green no go? Chevy learned that the hard way when they had trouble selling Chevy Nova's in spanish speaking markets.

Reaction Score
No kidding. When I read it and typed it I actually thought it was Verona. Had to go back and read again to see it is Vernova. Does "Vernova" mean green no go? Chevy learned that the hard way when they had trouble selling Chevy Nova's in spanish speaking markets.

They specially said in an internal communication that it translates well to multiple languages lol. But basically it’s Green-New/Innovation

Reaction Score

IIRC part of the reason for the move to the Boston area was to be closer to the huge GE Aircraft Engine plant just north of Boston in Lynn, Mass.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've been absolutely destroyed. Just going to wait it out at this point

I should have listened to my first instinct

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I've been absolutely destroyed. Just going to wait it out at this point

I should have listened to my first instinct
Did you sell at the wrong time? Buy at the wrong time? I see things bouncing back this week so far. Crypto is another matter, but it will be back as well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Did you sell at the wrong time? Buy at the wrong time? I see things bouncing back this week so far. Crypto is another matter, but it will be back as well.

Sold in January 2021, then based on the fact the financial markets continue to perform well despite bad economies, I jumped back in

Wish I stayed out at this point. However, I don't believe in market timing, so I'm actually remaining true to my market fundamentals. Whatever that means

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am selling into this rally things that have popped.
Not me. Tech got too cheap. While Oil is driving some of the current issues, so is a huge shortage of semiconductors. Tech is massively deflationary. There is a spending slowdown as every company is cautious. But the only way out will be to invest more in technology to reduce costs. Might take some time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom