OT: Stock trading | Page 137 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble Definition (investopedia.com)
and, as far as our greenback and it's overall longterm perceived value, don't forget the part of its' calculus including f-35s and our buggy rolling around Mars today, and it's launching drones up into that 'sky.' and micky d's.
now, aboot the chicom governments current attempt at, err, umm, ... forced expropriation of capital from its people, well, techno cash weighs a lot less in the pocket than gold, and we don't make $1,000 and $10,000 notes no more. that, plus our current mania for speculation, ...
that poster is correct in 'There is nothing wrong with 'greater fool' investing so long as you are not the 'greater fool' but it always is a fine, fine line for deciding when to pull ur chips off the table.
buenos suerte!
Whatever. This is the favorite story of the uninformed. Talk to me in a few years- I’ll buy you gold dipped tulips.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
which is?
A universe of contracts compelling payment in dollars; a large/affluent population paid and compelled to pay taxes in dollars; an army, navy and air force enforcing at least some portion of the world to use dollars. To name a few.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Whatever. This is the favorite story of the uninformed. Talk to me in a few years- I’ll buy you gold dipped tulips.
last week, i was chillin at onnadose beachfront house thingys someone alluded to in the bud thread, my 'northern' one. had to get back to rancho spliffy tho, and plan my upcoming grass cutting agenda, cuz it's a year to year question whether i walk 1/2 million, or up to 1 million square feet of dirt for my warm weather exercise. thats just the turf around the crib, not the outback places.
six feet at a time. too bad the world got itself in such a big hurry/laziness/wussfulness as the 72'' walker is a disappearing breed. imma scag guy meself. cf. The only new scag 72 walk behind in country | LawnSite™ is the largest and most active online forum serving green industry professionals. i was 'retired' by grad/professional school times. apple $18, coursin, everrone heard my specific thoughts on msft and tesla, here. u can look it up.
bears make money, bulls make money, pigs go broke.
buenos suerte! ni hao ma?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
last week, i was chillin at onnadose beachfront house thingys someone alluded to in the bud thread, my 'northern' one. had to get back to rancho spliffy tho, and plan my upcoming grass cutting agenda, cuz it's a year to year question whether i walk 1/2 million, or up to 1 million square feet of dirt for my warm weather exercise. thats just the turf around the crib, not the outback places. i was 'retired' by grad/professional school times. apple $18, coursin, everrone heard my specific thoughts on msft and tesla, here. u can look it up.
bears make money, bulls make money, pigs go broke.
buenos suerte! ni hao ma?

That is twice now you got it wrong. Suerte is feminine. Buena Suerte! Won't even comment on the rest.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That is twice now you got it wrong. Suerte is feminine. Buena Suerte! Won't even comment on the rest.
umm, sumtimes i struggle with language, like them declensions in latin and grik.
i sure as heck ain't much with engrish, either.

Reaction Score
Sold out of DOGE - I have never been on one of those insane runups before. Have to do my job - can't stare at Robinhood all day :)

5.8x return - will have to live with that.

Reaction Score
I’ll be the first to admit that I know jack about crypto. But, three years or thirty years mean nothing when a market moves. That happens almost at an instant.

Reaction Score
Dumb question - how do I find my cost basis and overall return on Coinbase? Can’t find it anywhere

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yup I remember. Lol. BTC was at like 7k.
and tesla was around $50 3 years back (i came here around tesla $60 times.) today, its around $740, or aboot 15 times more. today, bitcoin is around $62,000, or aboot 9 times more, lessn u bought it a year earlier, when it was around $17,000. then, it's only up aboot 4+ times. tesla stockholders win, and slept like a baby thruout. i mean, who on earth would ever buy an electric car, amiright?

Reaction Score
There are over 5k crpto currencies or token available. Most don't have a viable use case. Very few have robust Blockchains associated with them.

There's very little financial integration with crypto, it's cumbersome. You buy or mine a crypto, save it to your cold storage or wallet, convert it to fiat with an absurd fee.

That being said, long term, I would stick with the top coins, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Chainlink, Dot and a few others.

Crypto has a place in our economy, it can help make settlement cross payments more efficient and much cheaper, but it will never replace fiat. The entire market cap of crypto is a little over a Trillion, hardly enough to make a dent in the global economy.

The crypto markets are driven by large instititional investors, and everyone is at the market makers mercy.

You can make lots of money in the short term, and more power to you if you do, but in the long term, there are going to be a lot of people holding onto some worthless crypto ALT coins when the bottom drops. HODL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dumb question - how do I find my cost basis and overall return on Coinbase? Can’t find it anywhere
I have to Look at my emails for my basis. They don’t give it to u.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
There are over 5k crpto currencies or token available. Most don't have a viable use case. Very few have robust Blockchains associated with them.

There's very little financial integration with crypto, it's cumbersome. You buy or mine a crypto, save it to your cold storage or wallet, convert it to fiat with an absurd fee.

That being said, long term, I would stick with the top coins, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Chainlink, Dot and a few others.

Crypto has a place in our economy, it can help make settlement cross payments more efficient and much cheaper, but it will never replace fiat. The entire market cap of crypto is a little over a Trillion, hardly enough to make a dent in the global economy.

The crypto markets are driven by large instititional investors, and everyone is at the market makers mercy.

You can make lots of money in the short term, and more power to you if you do, but in the long term, there are going to be a lot of people holding onto worthless crypto when the bottom drops. HODL
this dude knows the deal. he prolly should be called 'mr b.y. crypto,' cuz of his record on it here, and all that. im bettin that he don't sweat no monthly electric bill, either.

Reaction Score
this dude knows the deal. he prolly should be called 'mr b.y. crypto,' cuz of his record on it here, and all that. im bettin that he don't sweat no monthly electric bill,

Just like the Tech stock bubble in the early 2000's, the same will happen to crypto's. Excite, Ask Jeeves, Earth Link and Lycos all existed before Google, yet they all disappeared because Google did the same thing, but only better.

Everything is a cycle, you want the long term players that will be around for crypro 2.0

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A universe of contracts compelling payment in dollars; a large/affluent population paid and compelled to pay taxes in dollars; an army, navy and air force enforcing at least some portion of the world to use dollars. To name a few.
So it’s really just backed by guns and bombs

Reaction Score
Good luck.

1618659706524.png

Gone are the days when Coinbase used to do it for you.

Reaction Score

You can make lots of money in the short term, and more power to you if you do, but in the long term, there are going to be a lot of people holding onto some worthless crypto ALT coins when the bottom drops. HODL
Did you copy/paste this from my 2017 "I'm making so much money through bitcoin" thread in the cesspool? I'm feeling deja vu.

Reaction Score
this dude knows the deal. he prolly should be called 'mr b.y. crypto,' cuz of his record on it here, and all that. im bettin that he don't sweat no monthly electric bill, either.
You missed out the first time, you missed out the second time, maybe third times a charm? But I doubt it.....

How did it feel when your $900 TSLA dumped to $550?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did you copy/paste this from my 2017 "I'm making so much money through bitcoin" thread in the cesspool? I'm feeling deja vu.

No, but I remember the thread, and my sentiments haven't changed. Most of what I posted in this thread, I posted in that one as well, so your feelings of deja vu are well founded

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You missed out the first time, you missed out the second time, maybe third times a charm? But I doubt it.....

How did it feel when your $900 TSLA dumped to $550?
same as always, since my 'basis' average cost is in the lower double digits. even at $500, im still good for 10x. and then there is micron, which got going for me at below double digit cost. i'll never understand the herd thinking that sent that badboy so insanely low, as many of those same 'experts' were filling up their lives and homes with 'smart' junk. weird, cuz ya can't do 'smart' without memory.
on the udder hand, i let a certain female pick the new appliances for the northern crib spruce up, and highly enjoyed, for a minute, the hilarity of her trying to make the talking toaster and fridge, 'steam' washer, dryer that requires a youtube tutorial, silly oven, and the rest of that wildly expensive nonsense, actually work. only for a minute tho, cuz the inevitable 'how does this work, please make it work' conversation began. me? 'i don't know, why don't you ask them?' it all started day one when someone asked 'how does the coffee pot (seemingly the size of a room airconditioner) work?' note to self - hit up wallyworld for one of those $15 models. filter, coffee, water, hit button. voila! coffee! ezpz. now, im heading down to the river to wash a few things.... lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Monday Monday, seat belts locked? Cyclical crypto profit taking after ATHs? Other factors? After quarterly results, all time largest bank debt offers JPM, BAC, and GS. Other interesting events

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom