Stewie on the cover of Slam Magazine | The Boneyard

Stewie on the cover of Slam Magazine

Reaction Score
Here's a little bit of Thanksgiving "cheer" for UConn WBB fans.... One of our faves is on the cover of Slam... I love the caption "Can't Stop Winning." If ever there was a winner, it's Breanna.

Attachments

• 1aaaa.jpg
    1aaaa.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 404

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Now seems a good time to dust off the GOAT argument. I think a majority of UConn fans still give the edge to DT. I personally am torn between the two. The one thing Stewie has had in common with DT throughout her career, is the ability to raise her game during the biggest moments of the biggest games.

If Stewie continues to win WNBA championships, as well as Olympic gold medals, when all is said and done, it’s going to be very difficult not to anoint Stewie as the GOAT.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
we all don't need to be making comparisons, of course ... but certainly two factors not being considered much are time and, especially, leadership. ... both seem critically important when the chatter gets around to 'goat,' i think ... and opinions will always differ

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
we all don't need to be making comparisons, of course ... but certainly two factors not being considered much are time and, especially, leadership. ... both seem critically important when the chatter gets around to 'goat,' i think ... and opinions will always differ
I’ll throw in one additional factor: competition. In the 12 years that separate DT from Stewie, the competition in WBB has experienced a significant increase. There is much more size, skill and athleticism. To DT’s credit, she still holds her own with the youngsters. It will be interesting to see where Stewie’s game is 12 years from now.

Reaction Score
Now seems a good time to dust off the GOAT argument. I think a majority of UConn fans still give the edge to DT. I personally am torn between the two. The one thing Stewie has had in common with DT throughout her career, is the ability to raise her game during the biggest moments of the biggest games.

If Stewie continues to win WNBA championships, as well as Olympic gold medals, when all is said and done, it’s going to be very difficult not to anoint Stewie as the GOAT.
Olddude, it's the age old argument of Ruth vs Cobb, Ali vs Louis, Russell vs Chamberlain. The common theme is that as the manager you would take any one of them at any time. If you asked me to pick I might tell you I'd take Diana but if you asked me two minutes later I would probably say Stewie.

Reaction Score
Don't forget The only 4 time All American and leading scorer ..her name escapes me..

Reaction Score
Dope!! Well deserved honor for Stewie. That young lady, especially during the whole COVID season and considering her injury, has gone to a level that of mythical legend! Props to Stewie!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Here's a little bit of Thanksgiving "cheer" for UConn WBB fans.... One of our faves is on the cover of Slam... I love the caption "Can't Stop Winning." If ever there was a winner, it's Breanna.
96785BBA-C0BE-47CD-BC79-91A84AB094C9.jpeg

Sweet! Thanks for posting!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

College? I would go with Stewie. Overall? That’s a much more difficult question but I think Diana’s got a pretty good argument there. Incidentally, Sue Bird should be in the conversation as well. I don’t think she wins, but she should definitely be in the conversation. Maya as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom