STEWIE....MVP...GOAT...WINNER | The Boneyard

STEWIE....MVP...GOAT...WINNER

Reaction Score
I love Paige and always will. But WOW Stewie wins Championships at all levels....and MVP ....MOP etc etc
Win is the name of the game and more so when you win both championships and all the individual accolades.
I want the same for UCONN and Paige....it will happen.

Reaction Score
I love Stewie. She’s on my Mount Rushmore at UConn and may end up there for the WNBA. But can we please be real about winning the Euro titles? When you field a team featuring the top players in the world you better win. Those titles aren’t real competition. It’s just a way to make huge money and play on a team of all world players. That team could have won with a chimp as coach.

Stewie may be the best player in the world right now. Probably is. But those titles aren’t what proves it. They are nice for the mantle but in no way prove how great she is.

Reaction Score
I love Stewie. She’s on my Mount Rushmore at UConn and may end up there for the WNBA. But can we please be real about winning the Euro titles? When you field a team featuring the top players in the world you better win. Those titles aren’t real competition. It’s just a way to make huge money and play on a team of all world players. That team could have won with a chimp as coach.

Stewie may be the best player in the world right now. Probably is. But those titles aren’t what proves it. They are nice for the mantle but in no way prove how great she is.
Doesn't hurt.

Reaction Score

It’s an accumulation of titles. The euro league def helps

Reaction Score
Is Breanna not supposed to play because you don't think the competition is elite, Farney? How about the Olympics when the U.S. women overpowered the world? Do those medals count or should they give them back because the competition didn't measure up? Winning is winning. It's not like Breanna is playing against college players. She's playing against other professional players.

Reaction Score
Stewie breaks so many records and earns so many MVPs I cannot write here. (Breanna Stewart - Wikipedia)

But Paige breaks a new record, wins almost all MVPs in her freshman year.
Next, Azzi .... Go Husky and am looking for 2021-2022 year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

You know, people say the same thing about UConn. That is, when you have the best players in WCBB you'd better win. Then when you win it's no big deal because you have the best players. Nevertheless, having most of the best players in the world never guarantees a win, nor does it mean you'll have the right blend to even compete for a championship.

Reaction Score
Is Breanna not supposed to play because you don't think the competition is elite, Farney? How about the Olympics when the U.S. women overpowered the world? Do those medals count or should they give them back because the competition didn't measure up? Winning is winning. It's not like Breanna is playing against college players. She's playing against other professional players.

First, the Olympics aren’t the same. You can’t choose what country you are born in. You represent your country because you are a proud citizen. It’s most definitely not the same as choosing a pro team.

My argument is that it’s hard to see these Euro titles as something special. If Stewie didn’t play a game, well they are still going to win because they have like 7 other WNBA all stars.

I don’t begrudge any of them that title. Good for them. They won. And they joined a team that pays more than any other team. But it’s not the same as a hard fought WNBA title where so many teams have equal talent.

Reaction Score
First, the Olympics aren’t the same. You can’t choose what country you are born in. You represent your country because you are a proud citizen. It’s most definitely not the same as choosing a pro team.

My argument is that it’s hard to see these Euro titles as something special. If Stewie didn’t play a game, well they are still going to win because they have like 7 other WNBA all stars.

I don’t begrudge any of them that title. Good for them. They won. And they joined a team that pays more than any other team. But it’s not the same as a hard fought WNBA title where so many teams have equal talent.
No titles outside of the WNBA are legitimate? That is pure nonsense. They're all professionals. I couldn't find an answer limiting how many U.S. players can be on each team's roster, but I'm know more than one team would have multiple WNBA players on their roster, not just one team.

Reaction Score
Farney, you should do more research. If you read the article about the championship game, it said there were many WNBA players on both teams. There goes your argument.

Reaction Score
Looking back and reviewing all the posts from this year, it is evident, all of the UConn fans were extremely spoiled when Stewie was playing for us. Her first 2 years were a little up and down, even with an undefeated season....but during her junior and senior years she was ice and put fear in the minds of UConn opponents. I think we expected too much from our team this year.

Reaction Score
Farney, you should do more research. If you read the article about the championship game, it said there were many WNBA players on both teams. There goes your argument.

my apologies. I went to the box score. Your proved me wrong. Even matchup. For those who want to see me proven wrong...

UMMC:
Stewie
Griner
Vadersloot
Quigley
Emma Meeseman
Jonquel Jones
Maria Vedeeva
Alba Torrens

Avenida:
Tiffany Hayes
Katie Lou
Karlie
Maite Cazorla

I think those are the names who are current WNBA players or have been. Apologies if I missed one. But yep, I was dead wrong. Fair matchup of talent. Sorry.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
but UMMC were ripe to be beaten. Coming of the very high level Semifinal game, they probably felt the same way UConn felt against AZ and were nearly run off the court in Q1. What saved them is that with their size, they could just slow themselves down and get easy high-low baskets until they could get their heads somewhat into the game.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
my apologies. I went to the box score. Your proved me wrong. Even matchup. For those who want to see me proven wrong...

UMMC:
Stewie
Griner
Vadersloot
Quigley
Emma Meeseman
Jonquel Jones
Maria Vedeeva
Alba Torrens

Avenida:
Tiffany Hayes
Katie Lou
Karlie
Maite Cazorla

I think those are the names who are current WNBA players or have been. Apologies if I missed one. But yep, I was dead wrong. Fair matchup of talent. Sorry.

Now do the UConn vs. Syracuse 2016 title game.

Reaction Score
That what happens when people are in a rush to prove themselves right. I had to research the teams because I don't pay attention to any of the leagues outside the U.S.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
No titles outside of the WNBA are legitimate? That is pure nonsense. They're all professionals. I couldn't find an answer limiting how many U.S. players can be on each team's roster, but I'm know more than one team would have multiple WNBA players on their roster, not just one team.

I agree...and will go 3 steps further.
With its absurdly low pay scale (as compared to the men)
The WNBA is essentially the equivalent of a minor league.

Eventually, the young woman (especially the stars) collectively will wise up
and refuse to risk their bodies for that level of compensation.
Resulting in an interesting conundrum: Three choices.

Fold the league, accept permanent minor league status and decreasing popularity...
or raise the scale to competitive levels.

Reaction Score
Stewie is the greatest WINNER in Women's basketball. She is like a modern day Bill Russell is terms of winning championships. No other women's player can match her resume.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I agree...and will go 3 steps further.
With its absurdly low pay scale (as compared to the men)
The WNBA is essentially the equivalent of a minor league.

Eventually, the young woman (especially the stars) collectively will wise up
and refuse to risk their bodies for that level of compensation.
Resulting in an interesting conundrum: Three choices.

Fold the league, accept permanent minor league status and decreasing popularity...
or raise the scale to competitive levels.
The just negotiated a new CBA that gave them a substantial pay raise and one of the stars is union president.

I think your prediction is flawed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maya I believe has more titles worldwide than Stewie, DT and Sue certainly do. Stewie will get there but just pump the brakes a little on the 'most decorated' talk until she actually is.

Reaction Score
Maya I believe has more titles worldwide than Stewie, DT and Sue certainly do. Stewie will get there but just pump the brakes a little on the 'most decorated' talk until she actually is.
Sorry but your off base with Maya ....do the research ....and Sue did not win 4 straight NCAA championships and the individual honors as Steele

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry but your off base with Maya ....do the research ....and Sue did not win 4 straight NCAA championships and the individual honors as Steele
Just remind me how many WNBA titles each has, and how many Olympics and how many WC and how many international league titles - I believe Maya won a title pretty much every year she play internationally and she has 4 WNBA titles every odd year she played.

Reaction Score
Just remind me how many WNBA titles each has, and how many Olympics and how many WC and how many international league titles - I believe Maya won a title pretty much every year she play internationally and she has 4 WNBA titles every odd year she played.
Maya also wasn't the MVP on all those tittle teams. There were a lot of Olympic teammates on those 4 teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom