Stewie dunks for Colgate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie dunks for Colgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Why would Stewart Dunk for Colgate?! :confused: She trying to follow in Swin Cash's footsteps, or does she figure it will catch everyone by surprise and she can go in uncontested? :)
(I wouldn't count on the uncontested aspect if I were Stewart - Natalie has been deprived of game time for too long and she is probably used to sticking to Breanna like glue in practice. :cool:)

Reaction Score
Stewie has earned the right to do whatever she thinks makes sense whether its planned or spontaneous. She has used terrific judgement in the past as it relates to sportsmanship. I'm not sure any of us are in the position to judge her on any in -the -moment decision she makes. ( for what it is worth...my sense is that she has already made up her mind that she will not dunk in a college game)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Morally, ethically, and by the rules dunking is allowed--without question it is not Unsportsman like to use the dunk. By your definition--Stewie should not be allowed to play in most games--because most players are so far below her level--using her is unsportmanlike???? Same is true of Moriah--she can't be allowed to play. Uconn should not be allowed to play Colgate, 12 of the AAC teams.
Better send an email to Geno informing him..
If dunking were banned--then I would agree it's unsportmanlike to use it. But it is within the rules--so use it.
Personal morals don't replace the rules of WBB. If you want to say "by MY moral convictions it is wrong"
then I should have to agree, for you that's YOUR moral conviction . But your morality does not WBB rules make.

Now you have just gotten ridiculous. I've said my peace...no need for me to continue this debate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What's all the fuss about? Every morning I squeeze Colgate on my brush and dunk it. BTW, that's some smart school. One hundred and twenty years ago in their freshman chemistry lab, friends Joe Colgate and his Pal Molive invented the first fully collapsible toothpaste in a tube. And changed the world forever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO dunking in WCBB is only for show - 'in your face' disrespecting of your opponent. Possible exception was Griner, who could do it so easily (maybe it was "poor sportsmanship" of Baylor to put a 6'8" giant our there in the first place - ??). I do see what some of you mean by maybe it would be kinda cool for Stewie to do it for her home peeps - but only agree if Colgate was forewarned, or asked, in advance.

Regarding the 'in your face' or 'disrespecting your opponent' aspect, I would have no problem with Stewie dunking on ND, Syracuse, Tennessee or Vanderbilt :p

Reaction Score
IMO dunking in WCBB is only for show - 'in your face' disrespecting of your opponent. Possible exception was Griner, who could do it so easily (maybe it was "poor sportsmanship" of Baylor to put a 6'8" giant our there in the first place - ??). I see what some of you mean by maybe it would be kinda cool for Stewie to do it for her home peeps - but only agree if Colgate was forewarned, or asked, in advance.

Regarding the 'in your face' or 'disrespecting your opponent' aspect, I would have no problem with Stewie dunking on ND, Syracuse, Tennessee or Vanderbilt :p
Wasn't Kara Wolters the same height as Griner? Anyway, before Stewie arrived on campus, Geno said she would dunk during her college career. It's getting kind of late for that prediction to come true. Moriah for whatever reason seems eager for Stewie to do it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wolves (or Huskies in this case) should not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. :cool:

Athletes who have various people voting on honors and awards may have to concern themselves etc. Just sayin' an inconsequential dunk ain't worth the potential backlash.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Kara Wolters the same height as Griner? Anyway, before Stewie arrived on campus, Geno said she would dunk during her college career. It's getting kind of late for that prediction to come true. Moriah for whatever reason seems eager for Stewie to do it.
Think Kara was 6'7". In any case, she couldn't (or at least didn't) dunk.

Stewie saving her one and only collegiate dunk for a late 4th quarter punctuation by posterizing Turner in our NC title game victory over ND would suit me fine.

Reaction Score
I'm on the anti-dunk side. If it's in a close game, then it's a poor choice because
(perhaps unlike the men) for women it's a lower percentage shot than a layup (and
yes, I know women miss layups). If it's in a blowout then a dunk seems to me to
be in poor taste.

The only exception I would make would be vrs Tennessee to answer the CP dunks.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oh wait. I didn't read very closely.

Stewie dunking FOR Colgate.

No, nevermind, I'm not for that.

:D
Why would Stewart Dunk for Colgate?! :confused: She trying to follow in Swin Cash's footsteps, or does she figure it will catch everyone by surprise and she can go in uncontested? :)
(I wouldn't count on the uncontested aspect if I were Stewart - Natalie has been deprived of game time for too long and she is probably used to sticking to Breanna like glue in practice. :cool:)
Well, it wasn't a dunk, but pretty close, and it was in the wrong basket!!!:cool::eek::)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Athletes who have various people voting on honors and awards may have to concern themselves etc. Just sayin' an inconsequential dunk ain't worth the potential backlash.
Those would be the "sheeps".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro