2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle Commits to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
have-fun-storming-the-castle.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So I’m seeing him listed as a SG and a PG? Which is it? Is he truly a PG or is he is he a scoring guard with an above average handle? These labels don’t really have the clear meaning they once did.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So I’m seeing him listed as a SG and a PG? Which is it? Is he truly a PG or is he is he a scoring guard with an above average handle? These labels don’t really have the clear meaning they once did.
He's listed as a SG. He says he's a PG. The announcer today during the game called him a wing. Sounds like he can do a lot of things really well, as you would expect for a top 25 player.

I imagine he'll be a lot like Kemba - he can run the team or play off the ball equally well.

Reaction Score
See the scouting reports I posted last night in this thread. From those it certainly sounds like he’s a PG.

Reaction Score
He's a PG, always looking to distribute for others

Reaction Score
He's listed as a SG. He says he's a PG. The announcer today during the game called him a wing. Sounds like he can do a lot of things really well, as you would expect for a top 25 player.

I imagine he'll be a lot like Kemba - he can run the team or play off the ball equally well.
Still has more room to grow(physically) before he gets on campus.. Looks like he has the talent/size to be a 1/2/or 3

Reaction Score
I think maybe his statement was misheard. He stated it a little awkwardly and stumbled on the words but I don't think he said coach told him he was a one and done. He said that coach told him he was a one, meaning a pg and he would run our team. That's what I heard. I can't find the interview to listen to it again. Anybody got a link? I could be wrong but I didn't hear one and done.

Reaction Score
ssociate head coach Kimani Young, the rest of the Huskies’ staff and Castle’s father, Stacey, arranged to have Castle’s grandmother, Ann James, surprise Stephon and his mother, Quannette, while on the visit.
was kimani the lead recruiter for castle?

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton esque? Or am I off here. Big pg with a smooth game but not elite athleticism

Reaction Score
Unbelievable get. Best recruit of the Hurley era, and one of our best EVER. I believe our 11th best recruit of all time by the ranking, and our 3rd best PG. He stands a chance of being great in Storrs. And he's only getting better--his game has improved by leaps and bounds in the last year.
Wow, Hurley is on a roll. Hawkins, Clingan, and now this kid. Who’s he getting next?

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton esque? Or am I off here. Big pg with a smooth game but not elite athleticism
Yeah a little. Not quite as big, although he could still grow. But better ball handler.

Reaction Score
New vid. Just compiled footage from previous videos.

Do the clips progress chronologically? As your video starts he shows promise but seems not as polished. As the clips go on he seems to mature and get more under control and play with more informed purpose. Am I seeing that correctly?

Reaction Score
From the article:

“ '[Hurley] told me he thinks I’m a one-and-done player so he’s going to push me to that standard,' Castle said."

Do we really want to be like Kentucky?

Reaction Score
From the article:

“ '[Hurley] told me he thinks I’m a one-and-done player so he’s going to push me to that standard,' Castle said."

Having a potential one and done (not likely) mixed in with a team of multi-year players is not like Kentucky. I won’t rehash everything that has been said already in this thread about the subject but to summarize, yes we want Hurley to recruit the most talented players available.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Do we get to have 13 national championships? If so I'm down...

Seriously, if it's one or two or even three kids like this, I don't see what the problem is. The problems arise when it's 5 one-and-dones every year. That kind of roster turnover becomes a sisyphean task to manage and sometimes just blows up in the coach's face.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Those Kentucky teams had nothing but one and dones. We are going to have one to blend in with more experienced players. So your opinion is that we should not recruit the best players because they might be our best player for a year then leave?

That seems to be his ice cold take, yes.

Reaction Score
Do we get to have 13 national championships? If so I'm down...

Seriously, if it's one or two or even three kids like this, I don't see what the problem is. The problems arise when it's 5 one-and-dones every year. That kind of roster turnover becomes a sisyphean task to manage and sometimes just blows up in the coach's face.
If you have 5 freshman NBA prospects playing for your school every year, wouldn’t ticket sales drop? I can’t imagine lifetime fans and alumni wanting to see that. Ideally the best of both worlds is to have 5 highly recruited starters who want hang around for a few years and get their degrees, and have a coaching staff who can make those players even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom