Stay Positive and Dream Big | The Boneyard

Stay Positive and Dream Big

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Dont be surprised if UConn with all their bigs play BIG with the Bigs being the focus. This will force defenses to drop back leaving the perimeter players a chance to get open shots. I expect defenses to focus on Azzi which means UConn will need to have more plays designed to get her open and Azzi will need to get herself open with dribble drives and pop and stops. We saw what Caroline can do. I expect we will see more from Caroline as a scorer. Shes tall with moves and can handle the ball. There will be no deferring to Paige this season but there will be deferring to Caroline and Azzi. Lou is a great addition.

Getting back to the Bigs and we have plenty of them. Edwards I feel will play with alot of confidence much like she did at the end of last season. She has the ability to dominate inside and I expect to see more of it. Amari will play a big role this season if nothing more then to play at the top of the key and get the ball inside and if shes open hit the outside shot. Amari has a very good shot and has alot of good moves underneath. Alot of our play underneath will depend on how fast Ice and Yanna adjust to the college game. When those two become of age during the season UConn will be at another level. The one player who can change the dynamics of this team is "The Griff". If she comes back healthy she could make a major contribution to the team. Overall we should be a better rebounding team with all the Bigs. We have depth and size underneath. As our new bigs develop we will become more dependent and dominate down low.

We overcame injuries last season only to fall in the final game because of injuries and health issues. We learned last season how to win without Paige. This year will be no different unfortunately. Azzi Caroline and Lou can score from the outside. Edwards has shown she can hit outside shots and so has Dorka. This is a very strong and talented group. Those who think UConn isnt a top team imo need to take another look.

Nika will have to find ways to be a threat to score. That means running plays so she can score. Once opponents know she can score they will have to guard her. The treat of Nika being able to score needs to be there to keep defenses honest.

All this talk about the loss of Paige instead of focusing on what we have and how much better we should be then last year should be the focus. This is a star studded team even without Paige on the floor. We are really good with alot of potential. We will go through growing pains as we adjust in real games. We have plenty of time over the next few months to make those adjustments. I still believe with this talent we can win a NC. Hey with all our injuries last season we almost pulled it off. Think about what might have happened if we were healthy???????? We're healthier this season...so far. Stay Positive and Dream Big. This is gonna be one heck of a season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dont be surprised if UConn with all their bigs play BIG with the Bigs being the focus. This will force defenses to drop back leaving the perimeter players a chance to get open shots. I expect defenses to focus on Azzi which means UConn will need to have more plays designed to get her open and Azzi will need to get herself open with dribble drives and pop and stops. We saw what Caroline can do. I expect we will see more from Caroline as a scorer. Shes tall with moves and can handle the ball. There will be no deferring to Paige this season but there will be deferring to Caroline and Azzi. Lou is a great addition.

Getting back to the Bigs and we have plenty of them. Edwards I feel will play with alot of confidence much like she did at the end of last season. She has the ability to dominate inside and I expect to see more of it. Amari will play a big role this season if nothing more then to play at the top of the key and get the ball inside and if shes open hit the outside shot. Amari has a very good shot and has alot of good moves underneath. Alot of our play underneath will depend on how fast Ice and Yanna adjust to the college game. When those two become of age during the season UConn will be at another level. The one player who can change the dynamics of this team is "The Griff". If she comes back healthy she could make a major contribution to the team. Overall we should be a better rebounding team with all the Bigs. We have depth and size underneath. As our new bigs develop we will become more dependent and dominate down low.

We overcame injuries last season only to fall in the final game because of injuries and health issues. We learned last season how to win without Paige. This year will be no different unfortunately. Azzi Caroline and Lou can score from the outside. Edwards has shown she can hit outside shots and so has Dorka. This is a very strong and talented group. Those who think UConn isnt a top team imo need to take another look.

Nika will have to find ways to be a threat to score. That means running plays so she can score. Once opponents know she can score they will have to guard her. The treat of Nika being able to score needs to be there to keep defenses honest.

All this talk about the loss of Paige instead of focusing on what we have and how much better we should be then last year should be the focus. This is a star studded team even without Paige on the floor. We are really good with alot of potential. We will go through growing pains as we adjust in real games. We have plenty of time over the next few months to make those adjustments. I still believe with this talent we can win a NC. Hey with all our injuries last season we almost pulled it off. Think about what might have happened if we were healthy???????? We're healthier this season...so far. Stay Positive and Dream Big. This is gonna be one heck of a season.
Man I love me some @Tonyc .

Reaction Score
:) Your post is encouragng and is promising for a good season. Lots of talent that if trained properly can act like a team.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
The thing that bothers me is what will happen if teams apply full court pressure on Nika. Will she have the ability and temperament to withstand it. I also am bothered that some (BE?) teams use the UCF/Coach Abrahamson game plan against us and specifically on Nika, Azzi and/or Caroline.
I guess my dreams are more in the nightmare category.
But my bottom line is that I hope Caroline and Azzi have tremendous sophomore leaps and become the next Katie Lou and Pheesa.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The thing that bothers me is what will happen if teams apply full court pressure on Nika. Will she have the ability and temperament to withstand it. I also am bothered that some (BE?) teams use the UCF/Coach Abrahamson game plan against us and specifically on Nika, Azzi and/or Caroline.
I guess my dreams are more in the nightmare category.
But my bottom line is that I hope Caroline and Azzi have tremendous sophomore leaps and become the next Katie Lou and Pheesa.
You don’t full court press one player. You full court press a team. UConn works on beating the press every day at practice and then attacking the basket against an opponent that’s typically out of position. UConn and Nika will be fine dealing with pressure.

Reaction Score

I hope Azzi stops and pops.

Reaction Score
You don’t full court press one player. You full court press a team. UConn works on beating the press every day at practice and then attacking the basket against an opponent that’s typically out of position. UConn and Nika will be fine dealing with pressure.
Correct. Of the things I can be concerned with going into this season, Nika being able to handle the press with her teammates is not a concern at all. If I was worried at all about any particular combination of guards handling the press (which I am not) it would be when Nika was the 4th guard on the bench, not when she is in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom