Starting Quarterback | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Reaction Score
I sincerely hope that TR leaving is sign that the QB room is stacked and he saw the writing on the wall.
Per the guys at Storrs Central, TR had lost the QB battle in the spring so take that as you will.

Reaction Score
If Fagnano is really good, so be it. However, I’d really like to see McDonald. He throws missiles in practice.

Reaction Score
Have you ever watched Tim Boyle play a game of football?

Just stop.
Honestly I never thought Boyle was that good. In high school he had very good receivers. Maybe not by Texas standards but by CT ones. 1 played at Central I think. One played at Bates. Another played FCS too as I recall. He was throwing to guys who were just better than the guys trying to cover them. In college I didn’t think he was that good, either. But I also think he was misused and maybe with better coaching could have been a solid but not great player

Reaction Score
Honestly I never thought Boyle was that good. In high school he had very good receivers. Maybe not by Texas standards but by CT ones. 1 played at Central I think. One played at Bates. Another played FCS too as I recall. He was throwing to guys who were just better than the guys trying to cover them. In college I didn’t think he was that good, either. But I also think he was misused and maybe with better coaching could have been a solid but not great player
He wasn't that good in hs either. He split time at Qb at Xavier.

Reaction Score
A healthy Roberson couldn't clearly beat out Fagnano as Fagnano was recovering from injury. And Fagnano wasn't good even when he was the starter.

I have no idea if Evers is the right answer or just another wrong answer. But, UConn wasn't going anywhere with Fagnano at QB and Roberson clearly hadn't inspired trust or confidence.

I'd rather have a different wrong answer than stick with a known wrong answer.
I still can't get over how good we looked on the first drive of the year with Fagnano. It looked like the offense turned a corner and then it was all down hill from there. That drive was better than anything TR put together all year.

Reaction Score
I still can't get over how good we looked on the first drive of the year with Fagnano. It looked like the offense turned a corner and then it was all down hill from there. That drive was better than anything TR put together all year.

Charlton seemed to have a knack for having a good script on the first drive and after that he lost the plot.

Reaction Score
Charlton seemed to have a knack for having a good script on the first drive and after that he lost the plot.
I'm sure Charlton has a great offensive mind. I actually really liked the bones or the offense. But the guy had no feel. Play calling is an art not a science.

Reaction Score
Me too. I swear he got banged up on the second drive and was never the same. Hopefully it won’t matter because Evers will be really good and healthy.
Regarding Boyle, I think he was a perfect 3rd stringer in the NFL. Can’t wear out the starter throwing in practice and his arm was major league. Could run a little too so he was a good scout team guy. Wasn’t able to process at game speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom