Starting lineup for first game in November | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Starting lineup for first game in November

Reaction Score
Martin isn't starting next year
Martin works real hard and delivers as expected; a real good A10 player, competing in the Big East.

My wish list long shot? Gaff shoots 100k jumpers between now and November and clicks. His form is not incorrectable. Has some hops. Has to want it like Bazz.

4 now I don't see it.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are fools! There is no scenario under which Cole isnt the starter on day one.
Cole
Gaffney
TMart
Whalley
Sanogo
That is the starting 5 game 1. Bouk it!
We really want AJax to be starting over Martin. We know what Martin has ... And it isn't bad .. Not a starter on an elite 8 team tho .. Way early I know .. but Jax must grow his game into his athleticism for us to be baaack. He needs to join Gaff in those 100k summer jumpers.

Akok is the biggest "?" I have seen in years. IMHO no one knows including himself at this time. My money would be '22-'23.

Reaction Score
Akok is the biggest "?" I have seen in years. IMHO no one knows including himself at this time. My money would be '22-'23.
as heartbreaking as it is, if he cant play 20-25 mpg by next winter, 2 years after his injury, then i wont be optimistic about 22-23 either

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If this team is starting by tournament time we will be dangerous
Cole
Jackson
Hawkins
Akok
Sanogo

Reaction Score
Wow some of these takes are crazy. Best answer is wait and hope we land some impact players still minus the freshman. But two 5's in the lineup with Akok as a 3 and Martin as a 2? Who's going to handle the ball ever besides the PG, of which we don't have any great ones as the roster especially not knowing the impact of Diggins yet. And way too many Cole/Gaff believers. We will not be a very good team if this happens, I'm willing to eat crow if they make it work but for me this can't be the solution come November.

Oh and by the way where we finding anyone who was better than Whaley who is coming back? Gee I hope we do but to think that now is ridiculous. He will be in the lineup opening night.

Reaction Score
Let's see the 5 v 5 practice squads. Whatever the line-up, the first 5 coming off the bench should beat many of our opponents, at least come March. There are always injuries and given some of the officiating, foul trouble.

Reaction Score
PG Rahsool Diggins
SG Tyrese Martin
SF Andre Jackson
PF Akok Akok
C Adama Sanogo

Reaction Score
ColeDigginsGaffney
GaffneyHawkinsTransfer
AJacksMartinTransfer
WhaleyAkokJohnson
SanogoSpringsJohnson

I think everyone sees the 3rd line as the most important right now. AJacks, Martin, Hawkins, Transfer . . . they will need 3 guys on the court at any given time who can hit the J.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow some of these takes are crazy. Best answer is wait and hope we land some impact players still minus the freshman. But two 5's in the lineup with Akok as a 3 and Martin as a 2? Who's going to handle the ball ever besides the PG, of which we don't have any great ones as the roster especially not knowing the impact of Diggins yet. And way too many Cole/Gaff believers. We will not be a very good team if this happens, I'm willing to eat crow if they make it work but for me this can't be the solution come November.

Oh and by the way where we finding anyone who was better than Whaley who is coming back? Gee I hope we do but to think that now is ridiculous. He will be in the lineup opening night.

Agree with the first part. As for Whaley, a healthy Akok is better than Whaley. It's not that close really. I love Whaley's hustle, effort, defense against non traditional centers and all of that. But he's not nearly as talented as Akok. He likely starts opening night, but I'm not convinced that continues.

Reaction Score
Agree with the first part. As for Whaley, a healthy Akok is better than Whaley. It's not that close really. I love Whaley's hustle, effort, defense against non traditional centers and all of that. But he's not nearly as talented as Akok. He likely starts opening night, but I'm not convinced that continues.

Haven't seen an Akok that was better than last years Whaley at all yet. Freshman year he blocked some shots, so does Whaley. He made some shots, so does Whaley neither are great shooters at all. His defense was only ok, certainly not close to the same guy on the perimeter as Whaley on defense. Maybe finishes better but what did he average his freshman year. Is his ceiling higher, more than likely but we have yet to see it on the floor with any consistency. Obviously we hope he gets better after more than a year as well from his injury but to say it's not close is beyond ridiculous. Right now Whaley will give us more impact on the floor than Akok.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen an Akok that was better than last years Whaley at all yet. Freshman year he blocked some shots, so does Whaley. He made some shots, so does Whaley neither are great shooters at all. His defense was only ok, certainly not close to the same guy on the perimeter as Whaley on defense. Maybe finishes better but what did he average his freshman year. Is his ceiling higher, more than likely but we have yet to see it on the floor with any consistency. Obviously we hope he gets better after more than a year as well from his injury but to say it's not close is beyond ridiculous. Right now Whaley will give us more impact on the floor than Akok.
I think Freshman Akok and Junior Whaley were comparable. That means a lot of upside if Akok is 100% and finishing at the rim is a dire need. Right now Whaley's defense is the known value. Hopefully Akok gets back to 100% this summer and can focus on getting better.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Here is what I came up for the starting lineup for game one of the 2021-22 season in November

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
Guard: Jordan Hawkins, Jalen Gaffney and RJ Cole
Forwards: Andre Jackson

Cole is not coming off the bench to start the season.

A realistic starting 5 would be Cole, Gaffney, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Here is what I came up for the starting lineup for game one of the 2021-22 season in November

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
Guard: Jordan Hawkins, Jalen Gaffney and RJ Cole
Forwards: Andre Jackson
R u for real or just trying to get replies..

Reaction Score
If Jackson is our starting 3 we’re in trouble
If Jackson is doing anything but coming off the bench we are in trouble. Personally he is a great leaper who likes to make highlight passes but I haven't seen much else. Even his defense was slipping at the end of the year. I just don't see the hype in this guy unless he finds an offensive game.

Reaction Score
Now that Isaiah Whaley is coming back I would start

Rashol Diggins
Jordan Hawkins
Isaiah Whaley
Akok Akok
Adama Sanogo

Tyrese Martin is not good at scoring. He would be better as a rebounder coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
My starting lineup right now would be Cole, Gaffney/Hawkins, Martin, Whaley and Sanogo. I think unless we get a better SG that Gaffney will at least starting there at the beginning of the year with Hawkins about to take over that position by midseason is my hope. I see Jackson and Akok a first coming off the bench as I I think Whaley will work on his outside shot to make himself a viable offensive threat at the 4.

Reaction Score
Now that Isaiah Whaley is coming back I would start

Rashol Diggins
Jordan Hawkins
Isaiah Whaley
Akok Akok
Adama Sanogo

Tyrese Martin is not good at scoring. He would be better as a rebounder coming off the bench.
No way that is out starting lineup to begin the season with 2 freshmen and we would get killed off the dribble with Akok at the 3. He is more of 4. We need someone quicker at the 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom